Author Topic: new AVA rules of engagement  (Read 3718 times)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Re: new AVA rules of engagement
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »
So then, despite your "yes" answer you illustrate why it's a silly venture to consider, at best. You can't dictate chivalry.

I think people are taking this out of context.  There is no way to 'enforce' any rules, nor should there be anything 'forced' on the community.  I was taking Jaeger's post as a 'Geneva convention' of sorts among the AvA squads.  If the large squads would agree to a method of conduct, it can work.  Will it work every day all day long from now until eternity...no.  But more often than not we'll see better fights.

The older AvA'ers are already familiar with a code of conduct, we followed it here for years.  Did we ever break it on occasion...sure...but that was the exception, not the rule.
P-47 pilot

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2008, 05:04:08 PM »
I am an older AvA (CT) player. The only code of conduct that's ever existed in this arena has been of a personal nature. Even then, it's as sporadic as the player who's having a bad day. If it seemed a community wide acceptance of unwritten rules of engagement to some then it must have been one of those nights when nobody was having a bad day. Unless there was some sort of wierd love-fest that went on during my hiatus. :D

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2008, 05:20:06 PM »
I WILL HO AND VULCHED ANYBODY AS I SEE FIT.  AND I DO EXPECT TO SAME HAPPEN TO ME.  SUCK IT UP.  THE ONLY THING THAT I HAVE SEEN ENFORCED IS NAYST REMARKS, BAD MOUTH AND ARRGUMENTS BETWEEN PLAYERS.  IF THESE ACTIVITY HAPPENS, THE CT WILL GO AS FAR AS REMOVE YOU FROM AVA.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »
I think I'll leave it at that.  :huh

Offline bcee

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2008, 05:47:26 PM »
I am an older AvA (CT) player. The only code of conduct that's ever existed in this arena has been of a personal nature. Even then, it's as sporadic as the player who's having a bad day. If it seemed a community wide acceptance of unwritten rules of engagement to some then it must have been one of those nights when nobody was having a bad day. Unless there was some sort of wierd love-fest that went on during my hiatus. :D

100% ...His comments are unequivably the most insightful and honest. I feel totally honored to be in his presence on this message board. ...cough..ack..ack..Walk Hard..... :rock

I apologize...couldn`t help myself ..but I do agree!

My style of Play depends on how much i`ve indulged in unrestrained gratification of spirits or other vices that are available to me at the time...as a rule I try to be a gentlemen...but there are times that I forget myself and become Mr Hyde.....

Kudos to "Jaeger1" for trying to make the community of the AVA self aware ....... :salute
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 05:53:12 PM by bcee »

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
From your post it would seem to indicate anyone not on this "Mandatory Chivalry Enforcement Code" bandwagon. Seems kinda ironic, dont'cha think?

Can I get a winkie eye smiley face please....I feel left out
Jay12

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2008, 07:16:27 PM »
Can I get a winkie eye smiley face please....I feel left out

Don't whine about that, too! Ok ...  ;) ... and a lolly-pop. Run along now.  :D

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2008, 07:20:55 PM »
 :rofl  Thank you
Jay12

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2008, 01:02:31 AM »
I WILL HO AND VULCHED ANYBODY AS I SEE FIT.  AND I DO EXPECT TO SAME HAPPEN TO ME.  SUCK IT UP.  THE ONLY THING THAT I HAVE SEEN ENFORCED IS NAYST REMARKS, BAD MOUTH AND ARRGUMENTS BETWEEN PLAYERS.  IF THESE ACTIVITY HAPPENS, THE CT WILL GO AS FAR AS REMOVE YOU FROM AVA.

so as CO of a squad, you refuse to try to make it a better place. is that how i read this??

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2008, 01:17:06 AM »
You people are the biggest whiners.   When this whole AVA thing started, I do and many more will agree, remember being HO and Vulched by axis players.  So, we started returning the favor.  Now that the table has turn, you all cry about it. 
So, what is the next thing I have seen in BoB.  Stick Sturing. C-47 letting troops out then run their plane into any GVs. 
I always get vulched, HO, gain up in AVA.  I do expect it.  And I do the same in return.  Now, how do you spot people for Vulching and Ho????  Ball is in your court now, make me look like a fool.   
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2008, 01:18:53 AM »
C-47 letting troops out then run their plane into any GVs. 

You realise that that doesnt do anything, right?

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2008, 02:00:39 AM »
Hell if i know.  It just shows despration if you do that.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2008, 06:37:04 AM »
Yep biscuits is what i like
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2008, 08:04:05 AM »
You people are the biggest whiners.   When this whole AVA thing started, I do and many more will agree, remember being HO and Vulched by axis players.

I don't believe Jaeger's intent is a whine.  The Axis complaint has never really been HO's.  If you want to HO us, that's fine, we'll just up a 110 and giggle as you go poof.  Jaeger was trying to come up with an idea of what bugs us all and have a gentlemen agreement to try and reduce the dweebery seen on both sides.

Despite what Arlo suggested, the AvA was a more civil area in the past.  Maybe he missed it...I dunno.  I never saw him in the arena until once a month or so ago so his hiatus must have started before I came to the arena.  I started flying in the AvA in late 2005 early 2006.  Sure we had the occasional goober, but we had an accepted conduct that both sides followed most of the time...

With squad CO support it's possible to do.  If they don't want to do it, that's fine and dandy, so I'd bet we shouldn't see any complaint posts by those squads.  But to say it CAN'T be done...that's just lazy.
P-47 pilot

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2008, 09:22:19 AM »
I never saw him in the arena until once a month or so ago so his hiatus must have started before I came to the arena.  I started flying in the AvA in late 2005 early 2006. 

Ahhhhh .... late 2005 .... early 2006. That's a good two years plus and nobody should sell you short for your experience(s). But I still can't help but wonder if you see things through rose-colored glasses. My short time back seems to indicate nothing's much changed (and how could it have been so radically different your two years plus while I was out of the game then suddenly whiplash back the day ... or day before ... I return?):

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,148807.msg1651736.html#msg1651736

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,68150.msg636172.html#msg636172

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,108151.msg1116428.html#msg1116428

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,50380.msg451812.html#msg451812

Complaints over chivalry or lack thereof are apparently a time-honored tradition in our favorite arena. That being the case, who am I to trample legacy? Never-the-less .... I've yet to see it in general agreement amongst the AvA population when it's above the six headcount or for more than an hour. If you believe you have during my awol period ... and I wasn't there to witness the contrary ..... *ShruG*

And never-the-lesser ... ahem ... I reiterate .... chivalry can no more be dictated to the AvA community than wisdom can be dictated to children. It's either in you or it isn't. You either grow into it or you don't. One can suggest, perhaps. One can certainly provide an example. But dictation or treaty? Heh. So pardon me while I hold onto both my conviction that my manners are mine and the other guy's are his and my decision to not let his lack of dictate my fun in a game that really isn't about manners at all.

:D :salute
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 10:04:45 AM by Arlo »