Author Topic: Worlds fastest street legal car  (Read 2968 times)

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Worlds fastest street legal car
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 04:00:28 PM »
it's very hard to ignore something like this
http://pages.prodigy.net/frederickvh1/CCW/Road&Track_750.jpg

and just you wait till MINEs and AMUSE open their 1st shop in so-cal.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 02:26:57 PM »
mg.. this is not the first ugly jap supercar to hit the shores.  It is not the first to get all kinds of press...

It will not be the first to be ignored by the public.   People will walk by one in a parking lot without a second glance.. they won't even know what it is..  They won't care.   If you even see any that is. 

A good example would be your nsx or whatever that thing was.   

no one wants to pay real money for a jap supercar.   only kids with no money like yourself will get all wet over em.

lazs

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »
IMO Japan has yet to create a real super car of their own (assuming that bugatti/lambos are THE benchmark of super cars).  NSX doesn't count.  NSX was just a reliable, refined, and over-engineered sports car that woke up ferrari and others from complacency.

It's only USA and europe throwing that term around. GT and sports cars from Nissan/honda/Mazda in late 80s/early 90s happen to meet or exceed performance of expensive euro/US cars on track. 

In fact japan banned production/advertisement of japanese cars with mreo than 276hp.  Tuner shops opened in japan and spread to US as the result of that hp cap.  J.D.M. experts would likely tell you that engines in Supra, 300zx, and Skyline GT-R are designed to handle more than 400+ but only produce HALF of that because of gov restrictions (lol).     

That ban was lifted in early 2000s.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 04:32:31 PM by mg1942 »

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 07:06:44 PM »
Mg ... what makes a supercar or hypercar has nothing to do with horsepower or track performance. That Nissan can be as fast and powerful as you like, but it's still just a Nissan. Same can be said for the Viper ... in spite of its massive engine it's still just a Dodge (a mighty cool looking Dodge, but still).

Supercars are like Rolex'. I'm sure the Japanese can make a $10 plastic watch that's just as good at keeping time, perhaps better even ... but that's hardly the point now is it. A Ferrari is a piece of road going jewellery and status symbol (P-word magnet). That Nissan is just a fast car.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 07:09:37 PM by Lumpy »
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

-Archangel Gabriel, The P

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2008, 02:23:36 AM »
I get passed every day on the freeway by 'faster' cars.

They're not Vettes tho.

-shrug-

Nissan aka Datsun can 'spank' a Z06 all they like .. I'd still rather drive the Z06 mk thx.

..and the Vette has it's own aftermarket goin on -evil grin-

-GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2008, 04:28:02 AM »
Glitchy jewelry huh? :lol  Status symbol is having the car break down more often than not?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 07:46:32 AM »
i have always like the Corvette, some day i may even own one.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 08:02:21 AM »
mg..  I don't think you get it..  the japs make smurfy cars that no one wants.

It is simple to get 1000 hp from the anvils that are in American cars.  Probly costs less than the stero and wheels on your ricer.    You can order a 1200 hp LS chevy small block.. you can order all sorts of American crate motors that have 500-1000 HP...   

Heck.. even you don't own one of the things.. nope.. what happens.. is the guys like you who admire the jap crap end up in honda civics or acura's that have been made into laughable jokes of a car after having spent tens of thousands of dollars on em.

There are so many pumped up vipers and vettes out there that you don't even know.   I haven't spent more that 4 grand on either motor in both my hot rods and they both make more hp than you can buy off a jap car showroom floor.

lazs

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 08:14:20 AM »

It is simple to get 1000 hp from the anvils that are in American cars.  Probly costs less than the stero and wheels on your ricer.    You can order a 1200 hp LS chevy small block.. you can order all sorts of American crate motors that have 500-1000 HP...   

Production tolerance lazs, production tolerances...

Offline Vipermann

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 08:29:33 AM »

Heck.. even you don't own one of the things.. nope.. what happens.. is the guys like you who admire the jap crap end up in honda civics or acura's that have been made into laughable jokes of a car after having spent tens of thousands of dollars on em.

There are so many pumped up vipers and vettes out there that you don't even know.   I haven't spent more that 4 grand on either motor in both my hot rods and they both make more hp than you can buy off a jap car showroom floor.

lazs

Not all of them are ugly. I loved the look of my RX-7....course it looked like a cross between a corvette and a viper....
Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dieing

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2008, 08:37:09 AM »
That is your opinion.. I have never seen a jap car that was not ugly.   I have never seen a jap car that I gave a second look at unless it was to wonder how anyone could design or own such an ugly car.

lazs

Offline expat

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2008, 09:49:37 AM »
exactly ..it's his opinion , and you have yours ........different cars are different things to everyone , though i doubt you will find anyone who likes the robin reliant :)
goggles on ,chocks away, last one backs a homo  hooraaaaaaaaay!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2008, 09:57:40 AM »
Did you know that many Japanese people find the word "jap" offensive?

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 12:19:36 PM »
Did you know that many Japanese people find the word "jap" offensive?

why?

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 12:19:55 PM »

What world do you live in.  I think you're losing it.

Guess the 2 best selling sedans from late 1980s to today.

i'll give you a clue..... they're both *jap*:)