Author Topic: FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Re: FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »
Atheism is a religion in exactly the same sense that baldness is a hair style.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2008, 03:29:26 PM »
WAIT A MINUTE, CALL OFF THE STORM TROOPERS!!!

Last night while I was taking a dump, CROM spoke to me and said that he didn't approve of Conan's comments so I'm sort of going back to CROM. I'm merging the "Cheese Eating Doughboys" with CROM.we are now called "the CHEESE EATING CROMBOYS" I like the feeling of being "ALL POWERFUL", so i'm retaining that position in the new order. (Kind of like Warren Jeffs)  
Hopefully I can get some tax breaks for next year.

You have sealed your doom. The "CHEESE EATING CROMBOYS" are a protest-ant breakaway from the true church of Crom. I am the new Pope of Croman Catholic church, Pope Cromulus the first. I accuse you of heresy and hereby excommunicate you. You will surely burn in the fires of hell for your heresy unless you repent. The Cromanian army marches tomorrow.

Hail Crom

(There didn't take long for the split to happen and a religious war to start did it? :frown:)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2008, 03:35:21 PM »
Religion(s) is the cancer of the mankind.

Government is the cancer of mankind.  It just so happens that most religions are a form of government.

It is a cancer, but not for the reasons you listed.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2008, 03:40:22 PM »
Off topic means not of the game. (AHII)

Less serious is another possibility.

There are many threads discussing serious issues in this forum.  Then there are the less serious about music, the latest you tube, whether some sports team is better than another.

One way of telling if something is of the less serious ilk and not the off topic variety is the thread title.

Your title, freedom of religion, and your first post shows me that at least at first you had a rant about an off topic, not a less serious mindset.

Then you misinterpreted my first post and after that had nothing else to post about and started posting about Conan.

Perhaps you should start a thread about bipolar.

You are correct in that I did misinterpret your first post, however all the remaining posts by me are in line with the topic and are not drifting off topic, but rather make a point about my opinions about the topic.(I thought your "superior intellect" would have caught that.

Opinions are like as#h*les, everyone has one and some stink more than others.

You are obviously still in the saddle
~~~***OFFICIAL FORUMS JERK POLICE***~~~
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

**ALL PERSONS POSTING NEGATIVE, MEAN, IGNORANT, OR DUMB REPLIES OR IF I JUST DON'T LIKE THE REPLY, WILL BE PLACED IN THE "IQ LESS THAN 80" FOLDER AND REPORTED TO T

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2008, 03:42:23 PM »
You have sealed your doom. The "CHEESE EATING CROMBOYS" are a protest-ant breakaway from the true church of Crom. I am the new Pope of Croman Catholic church, Pope Cromulus the first. I accuse you of heresy and hereby excommunicate you. You will surely burn in the fires of hell for your heresy unless you repent. The Cromanian army marches tomorrow.

Hail Crom

(There didn't take long for the split to happen and a religious war to start did it? :frown:)

I'm taking the alterboys!!!

(SELF APPOINTED)

**ALL PERSONS POSTING NEGATIVE, MEAN, IGNORANT, OR DUMB REPLIES OR IF I JUST DON'T LIKE THE REPLY, WILL BE PLACED IN THE "IQ LESS THAN 80" FOLDER AND REPORTED TO T

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2008, 03:52:32 PM »
You are correct in that I did misinterpret your first post, however all the remaining posts by me are in line with the topic and are not drifting off topic, but rather make a point about my opinions about the topic.(I thought your "superior intellect" would have caught that.

So then you have been serious and on topic in your posts.  check. 

So when you said,

have you forgot where you are at: 
The O' Club
Open forum for off-topic and less serious discussions.

... did you have a point?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2008, 04:17:17 PM »
So then you have been serious and on topic in your posts.  check. 

So when you said,

... did you have a point?

You need a hug!!! :rofl :rofl
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2008, 04:19:39 PM »

Hail Crom

I'm taking the mexican chrome statuette with me then.
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2008, 04:24:30 PM »
i dont believe in god and i told my dad this. (im jewish) i quit hebrew school before my barmitzvah and tonight hes making everyone not eat bread because its passover.
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2008, 04:33:07 PM »
i dont believe in god and i told my dad this. (im jewish) i quit hebrew school before my barmitzvah and tonight hes making everyone not eat bread because its passover.

On a serious note,
I admire your ability to tell your father that as well as I respect your father's right to practice his beliefs and his faith. That is what this post was really intended to clarify.

A little humor sometimes doesn't hurt though. It only seems to really bother Holden McGroin.
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2008, 04:38:51 PM »
thx
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2008, 05:27:49 PM »
A little humor sometimes doesn't hurt though. It only seems to really bother Holden McGroin.

If you were aware of my posting history, you would see that probably half my postings are with humor.

When you cannot back up your original assertion, you try to smoke and mirror your poor arguments with poor attempts at humor.

You chastise me for posting seriously, then claim that your attempts at humor were serious: when I call you on that, you claim that they were in jest.

Your foundation is … well it actually isn’t.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2008, 05:29:54 PM »
Why is it this way?

It doesn't seem right that if you practice or believe in some form of religion, whether it be Islam, Buddism, christianity or whatever, you are accepted by most christians or other faiths.

If you chose to be an athiest or agnostic, you don't seem to be accepted as an equal by the "believers".

So, to solve this "peculiarity of mankind", I choose to pray to "CROM" the god of steel, Like Conan the barbarian.

Now I don't have to worry about being discriminated against. I have taken the pressure off the "believers" who no longer have to intimidate me by giving me bulls*#t free propaganda to convert me to their ways.

No humor.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2008, 05:30:50 PM »
I didn't say anything about congress!
I said "believers" like you are biased against "non-believers"
you just made my point.
thank you Holden.

In case you didn't read the entire post though, I'm now a "believer" just like you.
I pray to CROM.

No humor.  Not any that was funny anyway.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2008, 05:31:37 PM »
Would you like some free pamphlets extolling the glory of CROM?
It will help you become less bitter.
I can have some followers deliver it right to your door.

Still not funny...