Author Topic: This is NOT the MA Gentlemen (all read)  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
This is NOT the MA Gentlemen (all read)
« on: April 19, 2008, 04:23:26 PM »
Ok, we have some things going on in FSO that will stop.

• 1. The shooting of friendly AC.

This has been an increasing problem, it won't be for long. We recently suspended a player from FSO for this, we are more than willing to suspend more people from FSO. Don't think we will not find out, between the logs we can look at, and the hundreds of films that people run, there is very little chance that you can purposely shoot at a Friendly AC and get away with it.

• 2. Pilots on the ground shooting AC with their side arm. (.45 ACP)

A new thing in this last frame of FSO. It also will be short lived. FSO is about Pilots in AC (or sometimes GV's) fighting each other. Man and Machine vs. Man and Machine, not Man and .45 shooting unwary pilot on a rearm pad. Again logs and film will show, any further offences of this type will result in suspensions from FSO. Once you are out of your AC you should be heading to the tower.

• 3. Trash talking in the game.

You want to harass people about the way they fly? Go to the MA. This hasn't been to big of a problem lately, but if it starts to again, you are going to get muted. If you become a repeat offender, you will be ejected, or suspended.

A word about our logs. The CM team has access to extensive information about what happens during an event. The logs that you see on the AH Events site is only the tip of the ice berg. We can pull up every single bullet you fire, when it was fired, and who it hit. Big brother is watching during FSO. :)

Also keep in mind, there is normally 10 or more members of the CM team attending an FSO frame. They are on both sides and all over the map flying with their squads. And they are paying attention. Just food for thought.

:salute

« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 04:26:17 PM by SLED »
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Re: This is NOT the MA Gentlemen (all read)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 04:35:56 PM »
Wonder who shot down who this week.  :devil :devil
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 04:40:15 PM »
Wonder who shot down who this week.  :devil :devil

From what I understand nobody went down, just minor damage.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 04:57:18 PM by SLED »
USMC/71sqn

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »
Never thought people would actually shoot friendly pilots on purpose, seems like a strange thing to do.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »
It is a strange thing to do trax1.  Unfortunately, there seems to be an influx of players who think it's cute to run amok and mess up someone else's fun.

Players put far too much effort into these events to allow for some few dolts to come in and think they can do as they please.

They are wrong.  This is the arena where the serious want to come and have a good time.  The rest are not welcome, and will be removed.  Just about done discussing it, warning them, and trying to educate them.  Some think it's cute and that they are clever.  It's Us that are supposed to lighten up, it's Us who cannot figure out they are just trying to have fun and we shouldn't take it so seriously.  Again, they are wrong. 

We can, and will, protect the players who take this seriously by removing those who don't. 

There will be little warning, and even less discussion about it.  Simply put, to those who wonder if I might be talking to them, I probably am.  Your done.  Those that think it will now be a new game to see if they can get banned from events, be careful about going there.  Those squads that consistently field problem children to any events, well, squads can be removed as easy as players.  We are here to fully support those who want to be here.  We are working for those who want to do these types of events. The rest are not welcome, and will not be tolerated. 

Sled spoke to the FSO, as this is his event.  I am speaking to the direction I have given to all the events.  We are done with the antics.  Those who want to enjoy this arena are far more important to what we do than those who don't want to be here.  Trust me, we will accommodate your wish.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 06:57:36 PM »
Taking this approach is the only thing that can be done to protect the event.  Last night was my first FSO and it was apparent early on how much work the FSO staff does to produce a very good event.  People acting out in those ways cannot be allowed to sully the work that the FSO volunteers do.
Even my squad, which in the MA is real loose and easy going was professional and took the event seriously.  We all commented to each other (before vox went out- lol) that FSO is a completely different animal than MA. A very good difference.  I plan on attending as many as I can, especially after seeing that the leadership is serious about keeping it a tight, no nonsense event
You do a great job.
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 07:08:11 PM »
man ive been here a long time and never been to an FSO, from the sounds of it this is were i might enjoy some serious fighting.

just not exactly sure what it is ill check it out.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 07:28:20 PM »
man ive been here a long time and never been to an FSO, from the sounds of it this is were i might enjoy some serious fighting.

just not exactly sure what it is ill check it out.
FSO is where you come if you want to try something thats is the opposite of the MA.  These events are by far where I have the most fun playing AH, I know people that pay for AH and only fly in FSO, it's the best 2 hours in AH each week it runs.  These events are the closest you can get to experience what it was really like flying in WW2.  It's all about teamwork and doing whats not in just your best interests, but whats in the best interest of your side.  I guarantee that if you try it out you'll be hooked.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 07:34:07 PM by trax1 »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 07:56:44 PM »
Sled, ROC.  :aok
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Tull

• Zinc Member
Simulation vs. a Game
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 08:00:55 PM »
Gents,

I am retired military.  I work in the field of providing simulations (both virtual and constructive) to Army units and have done so for the past 16 years.  What SLED and the guys that put on FSO do is not an easy task.  They are to be highly commended for their efforts.  They take a Game and develop the conditions that Simulates an historical campaign.  No small task!

With the Army training, fratricide is a serious subject that is punishable by the Uniform Code of Military Justice for intentionally repeating the offence in training.  The Army’s position is that you will do in war is what you do in training.  Fratricide as an accidental event happens in this game, however as a practice, it should be condemned with a harsh penalty.

The intentional shooting of a non-combatant (Bailed Out Pilot) is a violation of the laws of war.  However, if that pilot engages in combat activities he is a fair target or he can be tried for murder if he kills under the colors of being a non-combatant.  The downed pilot that goes on the offensive should be ejected without recourse, just as the real thing would be a bullet magnate in a hostile land.

I endorse whole heartily what SLED said in his initial posting.  Well that is the view from my turret hatch.

Jamie
TULL   

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 08:14:46 PM »
Agreed, Sled & ROC <<S>>

Although I did not witness any of this, I would expect that people should act accordingly and obied by the rules given.

ROC:

Players put far too much effort into these events to allow for some few dolts to come in and think they can do as they please.

Indeed we do.

I remember seeing in the logs in one FSO I attended that I shot down one of my own squaddies while at the same time someone else did from the other side.  I'm sure this is just a miscalculation by the computer (not sure what does it).  But like you said, you can count every bullet & the tip of the iceberg is the only thing we see.

<<S>>
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:19:23 PM by RATTFINK »
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 10:10:43 PM »
Thank you for the kind words Gents.

We enjoy running a quality event. And I plan on keeping it that way.

:)

:salute
USMC/71sqn

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 02:16:38 AM »

I remember seeing in the logs in one FSO I attended that I shot down one of my own squaddies while at the same time someone else did from the other side.  I'm sure this is just a miscalculation by the computer (not sure what does it).  But like you said, you can count every bullet & the tip of the iceberg is the only thing we see.

<<S>>

Don't worry, we can tell the difference between a friendly fire incident and shooting at a friendly on purpose. If a squad mate passes in front of you while you are unloading on a bandit, and he (squaddie) catches a few rounds by accident, we can tell that. Plus any film will plainly tell the true story.

:aok
USMC/71sqn

Offline ELD66

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 02:36:23 AM »
My squad has a few friendly kills. But never on purpose usually just because they forget that they could go and kill each other. And this week that is what I believe happened. One of my guys shot another one of my guys. Although my vox was out so I do not know what caused this.
E1Diablo in game

Member of JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 07:47:10 AM »
Rock on Sled, Roc  <S>