Author Topic: General Gun Discussion  (Read 15049 times)

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
Re: General Gun Discussion
« Reply #525 on: July 02, 2008, 05:29:17 PM »
I have no pity for illegal aliens shot during the course of robbing someones home. Simple as that.
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #526 on: July 02, 2008, 06:14:53 PM »
I have no pity for illegal aliens shot during the course of robbing someones home. Simple as that.

i have no pity for illegal aliens. period.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #527 on: July 02, 2008, 06:30:34 PM »
I know we have several 'gun nuts' as well as several LEO's here.
What are your opinions?
Do you plan on Open Carrying (OC)?
Do you OC regularly?

Me personally, I do plan to OC on the 4th. It may be just in my backyard, or it may be to the 7-11, but somewhere, sometime that day, I will be armed. I'm currently discussing OC with my fiancee, her and I are of two different opinions. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out in the end.

http://www.patriotpages.net/nationalopencarry.htm
Currently flying as "Ruger"

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #528 on: July 02, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »
So you want your 4th ruined, for both you and the cop that would have to respond to the call someone would make?

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #529 on: July 02, 2008, 06:59:11 PM »
no, i personally don't catragorize you that way. you're a person with an opinion, and although i might not agree with it, i do respect your opinions.

but that's just me

<<S>>

Me, too!
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #530 on: July 02, 2008, 07:01:14 PM »
So you want your 4th ruined, for both you and the cop that would have to respond to the call someone would make?

Yup.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #531 on: July 02, 2008, 07:01:17 PM »
snip
In the above scenario I can see myself calling 911, taking an advantageous position and from there confronting the people in question and holding them until the police arrive.

"Holding them"? How do you propose to do that? I mean, what if they decline to stay?
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #532 on: July 02, 2008, 07:28:09 PM »
forever!

I LOVE round guns.  Now, before you hard-core auto guys post about speed and reload time.....watch. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8ba_1215041224

If you drew down on this guy, you would look like a sponge before you found your safety :rock
"Rotorhed"

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #533 on: July 02, 2008, 07:29:44 PM »

If it were two white kids, citizens, would you feel differently?

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #534 on: July 02, 2008, 07:41:34 PM »
2wicked

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #535 on: July 02, 2008, 07:53:22 PM »
"Holding them"? How do you propose to do that? I mean, what if they decline to stay?

Well, if you can believe the NRA Armed Citizen stories it appears there's a lot of folks that co-operate when they're looking at the business end of a 1911.

Of course, there's some hardheads that take that as a challenge and advance upon you. I have no compunction about stopping that in its tracks.

Then there's those that will take to their heels. In that event, as I may have mentioned once or twice before, if there is no imminent threat to my life or the life of a third party, I guess they'll get away unless the cops get there and do their job.

Because, as I also may have mentioned, I'm not going to kill someone over a stolen TV if there's no imminent threat to someone's life.

I hd to give all of this quite a bit of thought when I got my concealed carry. I had to arrive at a code I could live with the rest of my life if I had to kill someone. That's where I am. YMMV.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #536 on: July 02, 2008, 08:05:57 PM »
If it were two white kids, citizens, would you feel differently?
robbing that house? i doubt it.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #537 on: July 02, 2008, 08:09:33 PM »

This just screams ignorance.

How is my day going to be ruined? How is the cops day going to be ruined? Please elaborate.
Currently flying as "Ruger"

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #538 on: July 02, 2008, 09:06:46 PM »
Well i don't know you so don't take this personally or anything, but I am going to give you an example.

So we have Bob, he thinks the best way to celebrate the 4th is by strapping on his Kimber sumperduper SWAT special deluxe tac pistol with tac light and laser, take some sirlions from the icebox and heads out to the deck behind the trailer. He gets his cooler and puts some ice and alot of beer in it, and the lights up the BBQ. He uses to much lighter fluid cause he likes to watch the big fiiire. Later after the coals are almost ready Bob releases the beer is gone. Well Bobs feeling no pain and forgets he has had a few beers, and has his pistol strapped on and heads down to Bobs bait and beer(no relation) for some booze.

As he is walking in some uptight liberal sees him, thinks 'hmmmm he looks drunk and has a gun I better call the cops!' and dials 911 on her cell phone. 

She tells the 911 operator 'a drunk man with a gun just staggered into a Bobs bait a and beer!" (no relation)

The 911 operator puts out a call and by chance, chuck, a local cop happened to be about a block away filling out paper work. He rushes to the Bobs Bait and Beer.(no Relation)

He gets there just as Bob comes out of the "Bobs Bait and Beer" (no relation) with 2 12 packs and the almost runs into Chuck.

Chuck thinking he was going to a robbery has his gun out and is a little exited so when bob drops the beer cans Chuck lets loose with 13 rounds from his 40.Glock (Chuck was a NY cop, thats how they roll), luckily Chuck being like most cops, doesn't practice much so he misses with all his shot.

Bob on the other hand shot  himself in the foot when he drunkenly tried to pull his cocked and locked Kimber.

Bob goes to Jail for trying to shoot a cop, even though thats  not quit fair. They can sort it out with the DA.

Ok outlandish and silly, sure, but the real ending is so predictable, all of the above up to the phone call is basically the same. Just that when Chuck and the other units in the area arrive, theres all the yelling, the hand cuffing after that the breathalyser. Then county jail for the night with Bob the drunken Harley mechanic( no relation) who likes to cuddle. The the lawyers and court dates etc.

That is unless you live in some back woods location and know everyone.  You know maybe like that valley in deliverance?

Here in California I am sure the cops would be really annoyed at having to waste their time on some dipstick who decided strapping on his hog leg was the way to celebrate independence day.

I am pretty pro gun as well, but also a realist, but hey, I guess I am the ignorant one.

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #539 on: July 02, 2008, 09:44:24 PM »
OC in Illinois!  I wish!  Other than in farmland (still good idea stay out of view from the road), garages, or fenced in yards, no such things exist in IL, other than for LEOs.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.