Author Topic: BOA AvA Player Conduct expectations  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
BOA AvA Player Conduct expectations
« on: June 08, 2008, 09:36:49 AM »
During the BOA, we expect all conduct to be fair, respectful, and reasonable.

5 Fair Play Rules
1. We ask that all players be respectful to one another in the Arena.
2. There is 0-Tolerance to any kind of smack-talk or taunting on any open channel.
3. There is 0-Tolerance to complaints about HO's, vulching, or 'unfair gameplay' that is disrespectful to other players on any open channel.
4. Three-strike offense system. First offense is a warn. Second is a mute. Third we ask you to leave. If player refuses, we eject.
5. Any player(s) found to be using an empty arena to advance their war effort without opposition is an offense - see rule 4.

Our intent is to trust everyone to be reasonable and respectful to one another.  Break that trust, you will be asked to leave the arena.  Any player that has an issue, please use the built-in .complain feature to report it to HTC support.

:salute
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

storch

Re: BOA AvA Player Conduct expectations
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 10:17:02 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:53:34 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 10:17:28 AM »
Questions for number 5.

Is this meant to squash large off peak hour raids, or knock out the more casual off peak players.

Personally I am often on at off peak hours. I'll come into the Ava and find maybe 2-3 people in there. Usually 2-3v1-s for one side or the other.

If one side launches a mission and the other side logs off, does that mission then have to turn around and land?
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 10:24:14 AM »
Noted, and a step in the right direction IMO.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 11:05:31 AM »
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 12:27:46 PM »
Questions for number 5.

Is this meant to squash large off peak hour raids, or knock out the more casual off peak players.

Personally I am often on at off peak hours. I'll come into the Ava and find maybe 2-3 people in there. Usually 2-3v1-s for one side or the other.

If one side launches a mission and the other side logs off, does that mission then have to turn around and land?
Good question Damionte.  Rule 5 is meant to stop 5-10 players coordinating and sticking to one side to pummel their vacant opponent in an organized fashion - what we consider unreasonable player conduct. 2-3 players,  is reasonable.  Conversely, side CO are expected to defend their territories - war doesn't sleep and if they have players from a variety of time zones, the could coordinate their times in the arena.  It all goes down to what is reasonable. 

If a side logs as you're in the middle of a coordinated attack, the attack continues.  It again goes back to what is reasonable.  Sized are expected to defend their resources. 

Hope this answers your question.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 12:36:37 PM »
  Conversely, side CO are expected to defend their territories - war doesn't sleep

Understood.

Rules seem fair to me.
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

VWE

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 12:46:09 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:53:09 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 12:57:37 PM »
So are these rules going to be enforced only against JG54, say like the forums violation 1 week time out, or will they be enforced for everyone? Just seeking clarification...
Yes  :noid
See Rule #4

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 02:16:50 PM »
Hey, lets not target just JG 54. It goes for everybody.  Allies do have a few bad apples too.  and i do expet them to follow the rules too.  If not, Mister Fork will get you. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

VWE

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 03:03:11 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, its 'official' all of JG54 are considered bad apples.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 05:51:38 PM »
  Okay, can we move on?  Seems pretty much well understood by all, break rules and have consequences. :salute

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »
So are these rules going to be enforced only against JG54, say like the forums violation 1 week time out, or will they be enforced for everyone? Just seeking clarification...

We do not have any control over the BBS forum and we do not issue "time outs". You can take that up with Skuzzy.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 06:46:59 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, its 'official' all of JG54 are considered bad apples.

Ummm, i never say that all JG54 are bad apples
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 07:27:22 PM »
i think the rules are great!! i think it will work out nicely. what id really like to know, is why, when i suggested rules of that nature, i was considered somewhat of a radical. i faced a barage of critisizm and now look, we have rules. imagine that. well i for one am all for them. just wish i hadnt been left to hang out to dry.