Author Topic: July FSO, Der Zeite Blitz: 1945  (Read 4685 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: July FSO, Der Zeite Blitz: 1945
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2008, 04:27:27 PM »
This thread is hilarious.

Snap, I like Krusty and while we often disagree on things, we keep it civil.  What he types gets him in trouble, nothing more.  This is not the venue for suggesting duels based on this topic.  I don't think anyone needs to duel someone in order to "comment" , do you?  Moot, while totally lethal, is not the only TA ace in game.  Vortex is massivley talented in the TA sir.  Massively.  Very few pilots in AH would last more than a few minutes with him at alt.  But that is not the question here.  You seem to be gunning for Vortex lately, on many different threads.  Maybe I am wrong about that.  I do hope so, as being a close freind to the man, I can tell ya he is a poilished act.

I'm not gunning for vortex in anyway at all. To the best of my knowledge the only place I've ever "crossed swords" with him is in the recent "storch" AvA thread.....I probably argue with Krusty on the BBS more then anybody. I was also not implying a "duel". I tool around with alot of guys in the DA in a very friendly "lets try things out" manner all the time. IMO the person being uncivil was vortex (which he seems to do alot). He's the one flat out telling Krusty he doesnt know how to fly the plane (152). In actually reading Krustys comment its pretty clear he's saying exactly the same thing as vortex....

From my perspective if anything he was "gunning" (to use your term) for Krusty, all I did was question why he would choose to make a comment on Krustys skill level. My personal thoughts are that the 152 is at a disadvantage vs both the spitXIV and the P47N at 30k....the spitty is a significantly better plane at high alt and while the 47N will come down to relative pilot skills its an easier plane to fly up high due to its stability....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2008, 04:43:31 PM »
Let's get rid of the personal tit-for-tat and get back on point please.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2008, 06:39:23 PM »
I am glad I came up with this idea........ this is going to be a BLAST!!!

:D
No doubt about it..  Gonna have people on edge too, high speeds (no time for any hesitation) and there's no BB guns anywhere in the planeset..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2008, 09:50:33 PM »
I don't like posting redundantly but Moot just summed it beautifully.  Once an engagement commences there is going to be stress.  If you had beads of sweat during the last FSO you will produce a bucket here. More time jockeying for position and less time shooting. 

I'll add by reprhasing or restating a point of view I tried to make earlier.  This FSO initially seems simple.  I believe it to be quite complex.  CIC's will have to think in 4 dimensions to exploit the strengths they wield.  This will be ever so important for the Axis side.  Without careful planning of routes, altitudes and timings they will walk the edge of disaster.  With exceptional planning they might inflict one.

At every level there looks to be a great and memorable FSO in the offing.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2008, 09:20:21 PM »
Let's get rid of the personal tit-for-tat and get back on point please.

Yes, please stop "poking" at each other. I am getting tired of reading it.

;)
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2008, 01:47:56 AM »
the me262's should have a penalty if shot down.  Lose a 262, u lose it for the entire fso.  lose 64 262's frame 1, u lose them for the rest of the frames.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2008, 09:06:41 AM »
the me262's should have a penalty if shot down.  Lose a 262, u lose it for the entire fso.  lose 64 262's frame 1, u lose them for the rest of the frames.

Interesting.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2008, 11:52:54 AM »
And why should that apply to the 262 only? The scenario is completely ahistorical, any reference to historical a/c availability is thus nullified.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »
1200 262's were actually built by Germany by April 1945 with their industry bombed into oblivion. Imagine how many could have been built by June 1945 if heavy bombing ended in late '43 as per the scenario description. If anything should be limited it would be Spitfire Mk14's, Tempests and P47N's, but that would be a bit unfair.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2008, 01:12:42 AM »
Someone do the math.. Would attrition of those 1200 262s vs. attrition of however many of each other model in the scenario equate to 64 262s being the proportional maximum "germany" could field?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2008, 01:57:09 AM »
Read the scenario again, it's completely up to the scenario designer to dictate the rules because it clearly has nothing, or very little, to do with historical events (as they happened). So 1200 262s is also, a irrelevant number.

Fact remains that the germans pushed jet a/c into service earlier than the allies, while the allies relied more on proven technology used in numbers. Had the situation been as in this scenario, jet a/c would no doubt have taken priority in development on the allied side as well. However, the German Me262 was a superior design at the time. With its swept wing it was more aerodynamically advanced than the US P80 and the British Meteor. Had the Germans laid their priorities right, they could have fielded the 262 in 1943, while the allies may have been able to match that service date (roughly, I don't know enough of their development to tell but let's assume they could have) with their own jet fighters, the 262 was at the time the most advanced design.

Given the conditions of this scenario, it seems the U-boot war in the atlantic is playing out in favor of the germans. So it wouldn't be odd if supplies were scarce on the British isles.

It is a kind of a "nightmare" scenario for the allies. So what, do people have a problem with that?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 01:59:58 AM by 33Vortex »

Truth has no agenda.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2008, 02:51:23 AM »
I read it.  The brief doesn't say anything about departure from the historical development of the 262.  It hints at the UK being less well-off..  The point of my post was in response to AKDogg suggesting the 262s get attrition along the three frames.  Would the jets' numbers have followed such a trend of attrition relative to (zero) allied attrition, if we changed the proportions from 1200 to 64?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2008, 05:38:42 AM »
Would the jets' numbers have followed such a trend of attrition relative to (zero) allied attrition, if we changed the proportions from 1200 to 64?

Could you clarify? Relative to what? It could be just me, english is not my first language so sometimes I miss things that are said.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2008, 06:28:29 AM »
Relative to the allies' infinite supply of airplanes. The best thing to do is most likely to just wait for the first frame's result, though.  I think the setup could go either way completely, so just three frames won't be enough to base a rebalancing strategy on.  It's all going to be in the players and commanders' hands.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2008, 09:44:55 AM »
My one suggestion is that, considering this may be a rare time where squads overwhelmingly request to fly Axis over Allies, this frame be an exception to the "flying for the same side consecutively" rule.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.