Author Topic: Text filters and touchy mods  (Read 7607 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: Text filters and touchy mods
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2008, 01:45:08 PM »
No, it's not. Next time you get muted for saying something so trivial make sure to not post anything here.

Well, obviously the mod didn't think it was "trivial" if he muted 3 of you.  :devil
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2008, 01:47:47 PM »
Well, obviously the mod didn't think it was "trivial" if he muted 3 of you.  :devil

Regardless of what the mod thinks, saying "crap" over 200 does not deserve an hour muting.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline bizz

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2008, 01:51:49 PM »
Was not running my mouth on 200 at the time. All I said was "crap". Mike254 and Jakob10 can verify this. They all said it too and received the exact same punishment.

Sounds like an anti squeker campaign to me :noid
Bizz
334th Fighter Squadron "The Eagles"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2008, 01:52:10 PM »
Regardless of what the mod thinks, saying "crap" over 200 does not deserve an hour muting.

Would it be OK if it was HiTech that gave you the muting for just saying "crap" ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2008, 01:54:26 PM »
Would it be OK if it was HiTech that gave you the muting for just saying "crap" ?

No. I'm sorry but that still doesn't warrant an HOUR muting. Even if it was HTC. I realize its his game and all but still, thats bordering on ridiculous.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2008, 01:55:08 PM »
Sounds like an anti squeker campaign to me :noid

Oh yeah, because we are all major squeakers.. :huh
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2008, 02:00:12 PM »
No. I'm sorry but that still doesn't warrant an HOUR muting. Even if it was HTC. I realize its his game and all but still, thats bordering on ridiculous.

Interesting ... so if it was him and you knew it ... would you call him on the phone and say this to him ... "Your a complete twit, utter moron, and you hide behind the anonymity of the moderator position. Get a life, and stop ruining people's fun for such a trivial thing. TURD."

Wanna know what really is ridiculous ? ... you trying to get us to believe that you got muted for 60 minutes for  "just" for saying "crap".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2008, 02:03:39 PM »
Interesting ... so if it was him and you knew it ... would you call him on the phone and say this to him ... "Your a complete twit, utter moron, and you hide behind the anonymity of the moderator position. Get a life, and stop ruining people's fun for such a trivial thing. TURD."

Wanna know what really is ridiculous ? ... you trying to get us to believe that you got muted for 60 minutes for  "just" for saying "crap".

Probably not those exact words, no. You're right about that. It's what I think though.

And once again, you can choose not to believe me, but it really did happen.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2008, 02:10:54 PM »
No, it's not. Next time you get muted for saying something so trivial make sure to not post anything here.

............and your little dog, too,  he he he he he........................... .

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2008, 02:13:17 PM »
I agree. There is NOTHING wrong with saying crap. I was one of the 3 that got muted for an hour for saying it. Thats BS. That mod was just abusing their power.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline bizz

• Copper Member
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2008, 02:19:34 PM »
Probably not those exact words, no. You're right about that. It's what I think though.

You might have been muted for saying crap but my guess is there more to the story. I've said crap before on open channel and  never got muted, in fact I have never been muted. But then again I dont talk a lot of smack and for the most part remain pretty respectful on 200. You OTOH like to run your mouth and thats fine, but you have to be aware of the fact that you are going to rub people the wrong way. And when you act like that you are going to be put on a short leash. thats just life.

Give respect and you will get respect.
Bizz
334th Fighter Squadron "The Eagles"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2008, 02:26:09 PM »
I agree. There is NOTHING wrong with saying crap. I was one of the 3 that got muted for an hour for saying it. Thats BS. That mod was just abusing their power.

blablablabla it's not my fault i couldn't control myself on 200 blablabla
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2008, 02:28:44 PM »

Aaaah. So, now we are getting some where!!! :aok

So, what you are saying is that, perhaps you and your friends aren't quite as innocent as you, at first, would have had us believe?

BTW, I've seen the sort of thing you are talking about happen before. Folks say one thing and get wacked for it in the arenas. Then post here claiming to have said something totally different...and always innocuous. Without fail, there is more to the story than is first reported.

Under the circumstances...what the mod thinks is ALL that matters. Heck, since you have already started crawfishin' on what you said...would you like to do the same on the amount of time you were muted for? Just a thought...but, you might wanna just walk away now. This is starting to look like an eminent train wreck. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2008, 02:31:01 PM »
Aaaah. So, now we are getting some where!!! :aok

So, what you are saying is that, perhaps you and your friends aren't quite as innocent as you, at first, would have had us believe?

BTW, I've seen the sort of thing you are talking about happen before. Folks say one thing and get wacked for it in the arenas. Then post here claiming to have said something totally different...and always innocuous. Without fail, there is more to the story than is first reported.

Under the circumstances...what the mod thinks is ALL that matters. Heck, since you have already started crawfishin' on what you said...would you like to do the same on the amount of time you were muted for? Just a thought...but, you might wanna just walk away now. This is starting to look like an eminent train wreck. :)

here's a question..if they had film running, wuld it show the mute notice? this would prove or disprove what they're trying to say?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2008, 02:33:59 PM »
here's a question..if they had film running, wuld it show the mute notice? this would prove or disprove what they're trying to say?

I don't think dialog boxes appear. However, it would show what was said that got him popped.
NoBaddy (NB)