Author Topic: CH Fighter Stick setup  (Read 4625 times)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
CH Fighter Stick setup
« on: June 27, 2008, 12:12:13 AM »
Got my new CH Fighter stick and throttle.  First thanks to The Fugitive and SIK1 for their assistance where to purchase it.

I need some assistance in how players that are using this sticks are setting up their views.  The 8 way hat is on the top of the stick and not really convenient to get to.  The bottom hat is 4 way, so it doesn't give all the view angles.

I was using a X-52 Pro and I had the 8 way hat set for the surrounding views with an up view toggle on the throttle to get the upper views.  The 8 way hat on the CH is not convenient to do this since it is above the 4 way hat.

The way I have is set up now is I have the upper 8 way hat set to all the surrounding views and the lower 4 way hat set to the front, side and rear views.  Its working but I really don't like the setup. 

I am curious how others with the same stick are setting up their views.

Thanks

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: CH Fighter Stick setup
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 12:19:50 AM »
You can always use the 8 way hat on the throttle for your views.

I used the botton on the bottom of the stick for up view.

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 12:25:33 AM »
Mine

Rolex's

Widewing's (sorry, can't seem to find his throttle map)

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 03:23:19 AM »
Normal flight mode (stick set#1)

Landing mode variant (stick set#2)

Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 03:35:07 AM »
Thanks to all.  I really got a lot more than I expected.  :salute       

Where did y'all get those blank diagrams?  I would like to have a couple so when I map mine, I can remember where everything is.

Thanks again,

Fred
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:18:06 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 06:30:43 AM »
oh yer, and my sticks rotary is RPM analog +-
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 06:50:28 AM »
Mine
(Image removed from quote.)

Rolex's

Widewing's (sorry, can't seem to find his throttle map)
Murdr how did you program the mini-stick on the pro throttle.  I have not been able to program it.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 07:03:09 AM »
What seems to be the problem wizer?  Are the axis not showing up in AH control mapper?  I do use Control Manager to configure my stick (no mapping, just the setup for the 3 devices as 1 under windows, and what axis I have enabled).

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 07:39:05 AM »
Got my new CH Fighter stick and throttle.  First thanks to The Fugitive and SIK1 for their assistance where to purchase it.

I need some assistance in how players that are using this sticks are setting up their views.  The 8 way hat is on the top of the stick and not really convenient to get to.  The bottom hat is 4 way, so it doesn't give all the view angles.

I was using a X-52 Pro and I had the 8 way hat set for the surrounding views with an up view toggle on the throttle to get the upper views.  The 8 way hat on the CH is not convenient to do this since it is above the 4 way hat.

The way I have is set up now is I have the upper 8 way hat set to all the surrounding views and the lower 4 way hat set to the front, side and rear views.  Its working but I really don't like the setup. 

I am curious how others with the same stick are setting up their views.

Thanks

Fred

I USE THE 8WAY HAT ON THE THROTTLE.......and the very bottom button on the stick in combo to give me my up angles. it took some getting used to, but works nicely
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 10:45:33 AM »
Can you give your setups for vehicles/boats?  I'm having a hell of a time getting it set up, and I have the same CH gear as the original poster.

Thanks!
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 11:42:45 AM »
this thread should be stickied
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline MajQBall

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 06:13:12 PM »
Hi BMWG'S

I would like to ask you some questions if I may.  I am intersted in purchasing a X-52 pro may I ask why are you switching joysticks.  How did you like the X-52 did it perform will how about its functionality.  How did you fine the layout of the button and hat switches were they in a convent location.

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 06:22:09 PM »
Hi BMWG'S

I would like to ask you some questions if I may.  I am intersted in purchasing a X-52 pro may I ask why are you switching joysticks.  How did you like the X-52 did it perform will how about its functionality.  How did you fine the layout of the button and hat switches were they in a convent location.

X-52 rocks :rock , I have one and have used it for two years now. It still performs great, but i do have a little play in the twist. Buttons are all in great locations, Hats feel good. go for it you'll love it  :salute

however, From what I have heard and seen the CH is a way better stick. when it comes time for me to upgrade I want one.... :pray
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 07:01:42 PM »
Hi BMWG'S

I'm not a computer geek, having being born before the computer age, so last year I bought the X-52 based on information on the BBS.  I should have done some more reading before I bought it.  The X-52PRO switches are set up perfectly, but after getting this CH Stick, I wonder wheather the X-52 ever worked right.  To me the difference is night and day.  I, and I mean I, feel after using the CH Stick for a couple of days, the CH Stick is far superior than the X-52.  The only thing I don't like about the CH is the Stick 8 way hat is at the upper part of the stick.  I use these for my views and I would rather have is on the bottom where there is a 4 way hat.

I know of several people who have had numerous problems with their X-52.  The reason I made the change was because while playing this week several of my hat switches quit working.  I decided not to mess with it and just buy the CH.  I couldn't have made a better decision.

Hope this answers you questions.

Fred

Offline MajQBall

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 11:07:52 PM »
Thank you for your input. I guess I will have to think about it.  I like that you don't need to buy a separate rudder controller with the X-52 it gets expensive buying all three pieces.