Author Topic: Mid war purple players  (Read 2479 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: Mid war purple players
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »
Another good write up on the fact of the matter and how each persons decides whats fun to do in the game. Unfortunately there is always someone who wants it there way or to tell you your doing it wrong.

I ran into the 613 multiple times last night and had no complaints. I shot them down and they shot me down for doing it. Came back again and again NP. It was challenging and fun    The 613 were real gentleman about it too. I received a salute every time they killed me :lol

The definition of horde for me is this. One small dar bar against a huge dar bar. You can find them all over the map.

What causes it?

Sometimes it just starts out as a mission to take a base but as the minutes tick by it ends up attracting furballer attention. All of a sudden there's a horde and Who's fault is that? Not the mission guys. Maybe it was the defenders calling out for help or was it the high alt pickers that put a delay on the take?

I guess a horde would also be 2 or 3 squads working together to accomplish a set goal. For sure that would be a horde if they had enough guys. Either way the furballers will be in tow and once that gets rolling, there you have it, the real horde.

For many of you guys it's the furballer thats the problem not the base taker or squad that likes to fly's together.  Many of the complainers are just that, furballers who come from small squads that like to fly together. They always need someone to blame for not getting a fair fight when when they themselves are part of their own perceived problem.

For me, it's all part of the game and I accept it and have fun without greifing anyone about how they should or shouldn't play. But again, thats part of the game too :(.

In the LW MA's 5 or 6 guys working together wouldn't be much of a hoard, assuming they arent ganging 1 con. However in the MW, there were 18 guys on their team and about 15 or 16 on ours. Their squad made up almost 1/3rd of their entire country's numbers, so that is a mini horde. Especially with the fact that they wouldn't fight alone and with out all their squad mates against a single enemy con. I couldn't care less if they want to fly together, but that doesn't mean they all have to gang a single con.

What was worse, was the two times I got two of them alone, they either ran away or had the rest of their squad jump in. It takes no skill and no sportsmanship to fly 4 or 5 vs 1. It takes a bit of sportsmanship and skill to keep your squad mates out of a fight and give your opponent a reasonably fair chance at a fight.

Greifing is exactly what a fight like that is. They don't care about the fight just who can get the kill the fastest while being a bunch of gangtwits in the process. There is no skill, honor or sportsmanship in that kind of flying. I could care less if people think I'm a Ahole or not, but I will never give a salute for that kind of flying.
"strafing"

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2008, 02:50:19 PM »
First off.. the first sortie I ran into your little horde wasn't in the 110. I was in a 109G2 or G6 I forget which, your little hoard had 4 P38's A 109G2 and a lone C2 that was about 1.5k off to your side. I hovered out away from your pack and told you on 200, I wouldn't fight all 6 of you. I told you I'd fight 1 or 2 of you in a 2 on 1. You wouldn't so I didn't engage you guys then and I kept my distance.

A little later I got the 109 & the C2 separated and started a 2 on 1 fight. The 109 turned around to run back to your pack after a few turns. The C2 did a few more turns and lost the advantage because it was no longer a 2 on 1 and  was on his six. What's he do? He then turns and starts running back to your pack, which of course I didn't follow.

Here I will even post the film for you.. oddly enough, you will see at the start of the filming I had the opportunity to gang up on one of your squad mates, but instead I let him fight the other friendly and I went off to try to find a fight.

Film..
http://www.wargamerx.com/films/MW1.ahf

The second engagement that you talked about me not returning your Salute is right here..
http://www.wargamerx.com/films/MW2.ahf

No way will I salute this kind of flying. Granted I did engage "two" of you in Zeeks while I was in a 110, so I choose to fight the two zeek but not the other two gang tards, that just happened to be in your squad. I know I'm likely asking to get shot down flying a 110 against two zeeks and in reality I could really care less about getting killed if it's a good fight. However just like every other sortie over there it quickly turns into a gang bang with 2 more of your squad buddies quickly jumping in.

The best part was when you called 4 or 5 vs 1 "squad tactics" I haven't had such a laugh since the Aeros group (or what ever those tards are called) said that in the DA once..

You still griping about that??  I was in the C2. You had alt advantage and kept it that way. I got the heck outa there. End of story.
325th Checkertails

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2008, 03:05:14 PM »
It takes no skill and no sportsmanship to fly 4 or 5 vs 1.

It takes a bit of sportsmanship and skill to keep your squad mates out of a fight and give your opponent a reasonably fair chance at a fight.

Greifing is exactly what a fight like that is. They don't care about the fight just who can get the kill the fastest while being a bunch of gangtwits in the process.

There is no skill, honor or sportsmanship in that kind of flying.

Hard not to agree with any of that.

I didn't get ganged much last night. I came in looking to fight and grabbed alt, flew in made some 2 or 3 kills and ran when I seen I would be out #'ed. The 613 were all hanging out together and I did get chased by them quite a few times. 1/2 my sorties ended with one on my 6 or above.

I get your meaning and your point Strafing. In the LW it's to be expected and in the MW where there are less people you would expect more respect for a good fight. The 613 were not trying to take a base where you should expect to get ganged for getting in the way they were just flying around looking for kills not thinking about how they got them.

I'm asking myself what could I do to help change that...... i got nothin. I suppose it's really up to how the players,  the CO's and their members decide to conduct themselves before entering that particular arena.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2008, 03:18:53 PM »
You still griping about that??  I was in the C2. You had alt advantage and kept it that way. I got the heck outa there. End of story.

Maybe you should re watch the film. start @ 9:30 or around there. Soon as it was just two of you. (your c2 and the 109) I turned back to engage you both we were pretty much co alt and you actually had a 1k advantage on me at merge. You even managed to get a reasonable amount of alt advantage on me while I was turning with the two of you, but overall I'd say it was a co alt fight.

At that point you managed to get on my six and this was about the time your 109 buddy ran off. I quickly reversed you and you then ran away. The film don't lie, and doesn't appear to have the same bad memory of the "so called" fight.

End of Story is for you to watch the film. :rofl
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:22:30 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2008, 03:30:14 PM »
Maybe you should re watch the film. start @ 9:30 or around there. Soon as it was just two of you. (your c2 and the 109) I turned back to engage you both we were pretty much co alt and you actually had a 1k advantage on me at merge. You even managed to get a reasonable amount of alt advantage on me while I was turning with the two of you, but overall I'd say it was a co alt fight.

At that point you managed to get on my six and this was about the time your 109 buddy ran off. I quickly reversed you and you then ran away. The film don't lie, and doesn't appear to have the same bad memory of the "so called" fight.

End of Story is for you to watch the film. :rofl

So called fight?? What fight??
325th Checkertails

Offline SkiMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2008, 03:32:52 PM »
In the LW MA's 5 or 6 guys working together wouldn't be much of a hoard, assuming they arent ganging 1 con. However in the MW, there were 18 guys on their team and about 15 or 16 on ours. Their squad made up almost 1/3rd of their entire country's numbers, so that is a mini horde. Especially with the fact that they wouldn't fight alone and with out all their squad mates against a single enemy con. I couldn't care less if they want to fly together, but that doesn't mean they all have to gang a single con.

What was worse, was the two times I got two of them alone, they either ran away or had the rest of their squad jump in. It takes no skill and no sportsmanship to fly 4 or 5 vs 1. It takes a bit of sportsmanship and skill to keep your squad mates out of a fight and give your opponent a reasonably fair chance at a fight.

Greifing is exactly what a fight like that is. They don't care about the fight just who can get the kill the fastest while being a bunch of gangtwits in the process. There is no skill, honor or sportsmanship in that kind of flying. I could care less if people think I'm a Ahole or not, but I will never give a salute for that kind of flying.

You're correct.  From now on, we will make certain that you will get a 1v1 and the rest will stay out of it.  After you dispatch with our squad member, with your obviously superior skills, we will then let you get separation and altitude before we send another to engage.  We will ensure that all fights will be of
a co-altitude and co-energy state, and will make every attempt to only fly the plane you are flying (please submit in advance w/fuel loadout).  We will not "pick" you off of one of our squad mates backs while you are low and slow, we will allow you to finish the kill and regain a co-e/alt state before we engage.  I have no idea why anyone in my squad would ever expect help from anyone else in my squad anyhow.

Since we are going the "Gentlemanly/honorable" route, I submit to you that ALL encounters must be HO shots.  Since it's not honorable or polite to shoot your opponent in the back.  If you end up  on our six, you must disengage and allow us to reverse for another HO shot....say, 20 paces or so.  Remember, you must always be face to face with the enemy!  This is the way duels have been fought for centuries, who am I to argue.

[/sarcasm]

Formerly Skiman and 613Ski

Currently flying as Pariah

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2008, 03:37:29 PM »
So called fight?? What fight??

exactlly the point..
"strafing"

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2008, 03:37:52 PM »
And I will let him honorably auger as he tries to pick my spit1 while in in the middle of turning with another spit, or was it the F6F, or was it the pony or the KI?? I forget.
325th Checkertails

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »
Whine, cry, not body likes me.  It's no different than in elementary school when I was beat senseless because I didn't know when to shut up.
Fixed
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2008, 03:41:09 PM »
Looks like all the gang tards have shown up now. It's starting to look like MW last night.  :rofl
"strafing"

Offline SkiMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2008, 04:04:55 PM »
Looks like all the gang tards have shown up now. It's starting to look like MW last night.  :rofl

Awwww, don't you have any friends?
Unfortunate that you are in a "squad" and still, essentially, alone.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 04:09:08 PM by SkiMan »

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2008, 04:21:29 PM »
Awwww, don't you have any friends?
Unfortunate that you are in a "squad" and still, essentially, alone.

Unlike your entire squad, I don't need others to do my work for me and unlike your self I wouldn't want them to do it either. Something you likely won't ever understand.
"strafing"

Offline SkiMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2008, 04:31:43 PM »
Unlike your entire squad, I don't need others to do my work for me and unlike your self I wouldn't want them to do it either. Something you likely won't ever understand.

Nor do I, it's called a squad because we fly together as a squad.  A concept you obviously do not understand.

However, I'm in the TA and DA all the time and constantly look for 1v1's. I completely understand a duel.  You do not.
You expect it everywhere, I expect it when it's appropriate.  You expect to be catered to, I expect to get waxed if I
run into 6 bad guys without help.  You whine, I don't....

See how that works?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 04:36:48 PM by SkiMan »

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2008, 04:56:36 PM »

Just a reminder of why this was started.   :D

I would just like to thank the  Midwar players in the purple arena. We have our squabbles, but its been great fun and great fights since i started frequenting the place. <S> to all that fight against myself and JG54. thanks for the good time!!  :)

by the way cobia, im still pulling tank rounds out of my butt hehehe
325th Checkertails

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2008, 05:02:19 PM »
Nor do I, it's called a squad because we fly together as a squad.  A concept you obviously do not understand.

However, I'm in the TA and DA all the time and constantly look for 1v1's. I completely understand a duel.  You do not.
You expect it everywhere, I expect it when it's appropriate.  You expect to be catered to, I expect to get waxed if I
run into 6 bad guys without help.  You whine, I don't....

See how that works?

skiman......

i don't get too much time to get on anymore.......but i have been going into the TA lately to get back into the saddle a bit. i'm normally in my f6f. ingame is 1LTCAP. if you see me, feel free to in on me, or i'd be more than glad for 1-1's.

just be forewarned...i do suck bigtime   :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)