Author Topic: AI Puffy Ack  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
AI Puffy Ack
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2005, 03:03:09 PM »
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124842

check this thread out dedalos, this is how i understand it
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
AI Puffy Ack
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2005, 08:17:09 PM »
Thanks HT, for the explanation.  I suspected manevering helped, but wasn't sure:

"But as stated before manuvering or changing speed do increase the size of the box, there by lowering your chances of getting hit when turning or going faster. "

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
AI Puffy Ack
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2005, 08:32:06 PM »
Got killed by Puffy ack the other night. It wa the first time in about 6 months that it got me. Thats also about how often it gets me. I never fly evasives to avoid it. I used to look out the window to admire it but since its gone from ack that looked like real ack to ack where each round looks like a unrealistic  perfectly round cotton ball I dont even bother doing that anymore.

Dont know how you guys manage to get hit by it so often.

Personally I think it should become more accurate the more planes are in the area. Meaning the larger the number of aircraft in range of ack. the more accurate the puffy ack should become andf thus larger the likely hood some will be lost to it.

This would help in at least a small way against the Horde.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
AI Puffy Ack
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2005, 11:02:42 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
an aircraft flying near a gun 5 miles away, the shells that explode near it would have been calculated 5 seconds ago.  if the aircraft turns in that 5 seconds the shells would land where it would have been - not where it is.

but i dont think that could be coded.

That is the problem and that's why our puffy ack is so lame/gamey/unfair.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
AI Puffy Ack
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2005, 02:48:51 PM »
Forget it HiTech,  Just model 20 SA3 SAM's on each boat.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
AI Puffy Ack
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2005, 03:55:01 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Dedalos: You switched the discusion from how boxes work to your opion of my behavior. That becomes a personal attack.

As to the other, Im giving up trying to explain it to you other than stating if 1 shell is fired in a 10x10x10 box randomly every 1 sec.

Where you are in that box has no effect on the chances of getting hit.

HiTech

Depend of the unit of the 10*10*10 box I guess it's yard ?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: AI Puffy Ack
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 01:42:28 PM »

This is totaly incorect even if the size of the box was not altered.

Basic probabily theory.

The chances of getting hit remain the same no mater where you are in the box,  I.E. manuvering would neather raise nor lower your chances.

Now as a real note, you are always at the center of the box no mater if you manuver or not, the box is realy just a way of describing what is going on.

But as stated before manuvering or changing speed do increase the size of the box, there by lowering your chances of getting hit when turning or going faster.

And now for the insult:

Ive explained it before (furball understood how it worked correctly) , you obviously have read it (but didn't understand it, nor basic probabilty ) , It is realy is not my job to teach you how things work. But when you make completly inacurate statments I let you know they are incorect so other people will not belive incorect facts.

And finaly letting you in on the way things work (like ack) is not a right on your part. Infact you have crossed the line when you personaly attacked me with.

And I would apreciate an apology.

HiTech
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 02:32:41 PM »
wow... old thread :)
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 03:49:38 PM »
I inadvertently bumped it while looking for some info after a search.

Sorry Skuzzy.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Kostic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 07:13:34 PM »
Dedalos: You switched the discusion from how boxes work to your opion of my behavior. That becomes a personal attack.

As to the other, Im giving up trying to explain it to you other than stating if 1 shell is fired in a 10x10x10 box randomly every 1 sec.

Where you are in that box has no effect on the chances of getting hit.

HiTech

Yes but shouldn't the box get bigger as the distince to the target increases? Wouldn't that more accurately model shooter inaccuracies?