Author Topic: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**  (Read 18215 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**
« Reply #255 on: July 17, 2008, 12:34:11 AM »
Vudak

Of course there is no way to stop cheaters...there are a few things Hitech and gang could do to at least embarass some of them.  (i personally know i can search to see how many times i kill "xxxx" or "xxxx" killed me)  Why not have a column on th scorepage that allows us to see say the top 10 folks "xxxx" killed when we pull their score?  Im pretty sure AW had something like it.

That's a good idea I'd be interested to see too.  Would make for some fun ribbing :D

As we already discussed above...the concept of NEEDING guys to constantly swap sides to even a fight out is really not needed.  So what is wrong with a period of time prior to switch back?  Same with cross-country vox....how many guys use it legitimately versus to gain an advantage?

There are a number of reasons to switch sides, not all of which have to do with balancing, or gaining an advantage.  Maybe a guy wants to fly against the horde, maybe a guy wants to fly with a horde, maybe a guy wants to wing with a friend or trainer on another country for a few hours, maybe a guy wants to fight in a particular area of a certain map (the NW sector of Trinity was always my favorite - it had a really cool river approach to the NE country's HQ which made for an exciting, if incredibly long, Mossie raid).

There's a bunch of different reasons.  Yeah, trying to balance the arena and trying to gain an advantage are two of them.  But these aren't the only ones.

Why take away these people's options on account of some griefers?  Isn't that the same as taking away La7's just because some people don't like them?

But the oroiginator of this post was describing a specific situaiotn that occurred and asked for remedy...instead he got a lot of defensiveness and ridicule.

He could have posted about anything and gotten the same situation.  It's just how these boards work :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #256 on: July 17, 2008, 12:54:39 AM »
Lusche is lucid and frank, bad news for rox.  The only difference between rox and mrblack and voss is that rox is too helpless to make anything of his raving lunacy.  He could probably make nothing out of something tho, like he does in the game.  Ironicaly enough, Lusche used to defend ROX, till he saw how off his rocker he got.1) Wrong, he's calling it like it is
2) Double wrong, it's fortunate and fair that the majority of the players aren't stupid enough to not see rox for the mini-voss he is.  Pure crap through and through.  He can't fly, can't argue, can't recognize when he's got his head into a mobius loop, etc.  All he can do is blabber on and on about his stupid horde missions, his stupid "HEART OF A NAVY SEAL" pixel squad, etc.  And yet the guy is 40+ from the pic I saw..  And that pic pretty much mirrors what you can infer from all his crap in game and on the forums so far.  A weak and not very bright kid stuck in an old guy's out of shape body crying wolf every other post and accusing everyone and everything of conspiring against his Don Quixote crusades.

:eek:        *shakes hand*    you got served

it's good to see such spirited banter in the name of our favorite flight simulator :)

now back to reality

IT ALL DOESN'T MATTER! ! ! !

:salute
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:08:36 AM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #257 on: July 17, 2008, 01:50:11 AM »
Reality is playing a fun game with like minded players.  The reality is also that the same 1:100 whackos that "exist" in "real life" will play that game and can't help but be at least as whacked out in front of their screen and keyboard as they are everywhere else. Reality says that some of these players will pretend there's no difference between consenting adults exchanging banter on the same wavelength and said whackos... This based on their assertion that what whackos do "in the game" could never have any relation to "reality".

That said, if there's any cheaters in the game, the best way to deal with them is to report them directly to HTC.  Publicly ranting about them does no good.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:52:26 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #258 on: July 17, 2008, 03:16:11 AM »
m00t you spit hot fiahhhh. :) can't argue with that

the dude abides

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2008, 05:58:58 AM »
The spy stuff is crap most of the time.  When it isn't, you just have to send in film, and the spy gets nailed by HTC.
Changing sides does fix the imbalance issues.
The guys who pad their score mean nothing.  First because they suck balls, second because score means nothing.

Whos ever been convicted of spying? And what has their penalty been?

I dont see what recording will do. AH already has record of it all. And "how" would you record it? Its not like theres a little cartoon guy, dressed like the Pink Panther, peeking around the corner of your strat base.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2008, 06:24:27 AM »
In other words you don't think HTC would take serial spies seriously..  That might be your impression if you didn't have much evidence to begin with or if there was no spying in the first place.  As far as what the penalty has been for cheaters.. I think that's obvious, it's been said repeatedly.
Nothing changes the fact that complaining openly about any sort of serious exploits does no good.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #262 on: July 17, 2008, 06:37:01 AM »
<points to his sig, this is all so over the top, rox you are off your knocker.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #263 on: July 17, 2008, 06:48:03 AM »
In other words you don't think HTC would take serial spies seriously..  That might be your impression if you didn't have much evidence to begin with or if there was no spying in the first place.  As far as what the penalty has been for cheaters.. I think that's obvious, it's been said repeatedly.
Nothing changes the fact that complaining openly about any sort of serious exploits does no good.

Moot, and I suspect your talking to me, either answer the question or dont answer it. It WAS a question!

Or we can assume your answer is "nobody".

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #264 on: July 17, 2008, 06:53:17 AM »
They don't publicize who gets caught, in case you hadn't noticed.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #265 on: July 17, 2008, 08:19:21 AM »
If you play an online video game to increase your stable of "virtual friends" then I can see why you would feel the need to jump all over the place in order to make more pretend friends.  I am a more limited individual I guess and the 15-20 guys on my squad channel each night are more than enough to take up my hour.  I guess i could pursue your example in real life and join the ELKS and the Knights of Columbus AND the Moose AND the Business League AND the Chamber of Commerce AND the Hospital Board so I can have an endless supply of "comraderie", but i choose to limit  :O my relationships to those that i can provide a consistent level of friendship too.  See I only have so many free nights for dinners and free weeknds for parties so i have to limit myself somehow.

Even better though I wil suggest to my daughter that she join Travel Soccer teams in the surrounding counties as well so she can make more friends!  Then come Saturday she can jump sides during the game because darnit its just more fun that way!  Or maybe the next time my buddies ask me to play pickup basketball with them if we start winning I'll start playing for the other team (i'm sure they would be cool with that)

I only type this because of your "myopic" comment to illustrate that perhaps some folks are not myopic but "purposefully" play in a certain way that provides the level of stability they want to relax in :O

The most myopic ones to me are the ones who ignore the multi-faceted gameplay this game provides and insist on flying 1-2 planes over and over again while telling the world how wonderful they are for doing it.  Hitech and gang have created an almost unlimited number of scenarios in which to spend your free time...maybe its time for some of these folks to step outside their box AND QUIT TRYING TO CRAM THE REST OF US INTO IT :rock

There is no "pretend" in the friends that I have made in this game, and for you to say that they are "pretend" friends is wrong. I have been to the last 2 cons to cement, in person, some of the friendships that I made while online and I plan to go to this years convention to do the same.

I am not in pursuit of ... an endless supply of "comraderie" ... but I am not going to limit myself and opportunities to meet new people.

Or maybe the next time my buddies ask me to play pickup basketball with them if we start winning I'll start playing for the other team (i'm sure they would be cool with that)

In your basketball pickup game, would you and your buddies play with 5 guys vs 3 guys, or would someone switch to the other team to make it a 4 v 4 ... Many a time I have done that in "pickup" basketball and volleyball games.

I think many of us that switch sides, with the intent to try and create balance, are ones stepping way "outside of the box". We aren't the ones trying to cram anybody into anything ... Ironically, limiting our abilities to do what we do, and what we like to do, is an attempt to cram us into a box.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2008, 08:25:33 AM »
Lusche is lucid and frank, bad news for rox.  The only difference between rox and mrblack and voss is that rox is too helpless to make anything of his raving lunacy.  He could probably make nothing out of something tho, like he does in the game.  Ironicaly enough, Lusche used to defend ROX, till he saw how off his rocker he got.1) Wrong, he's calling it like it is
2) Double wrong, it's fortunate and fair that the majority of the players aren't stupid enough to not see rox for the mini-voss he is.  Pure crap through and through.  He can't fly, can't argue, can't recognize when he's got his head into a mobius loop, etc.  All he can do is blabber on and on about his stupid horde missions, his stupid "HEART OF A NAVY SEAL" pixel squad, etc.  And yet the guy is 40+ from the pic I saw..  And that pic pretty much mirrors what you can infer from all his crap in game and on the forums so far.  A weak and not very bright kid stuck in an old guy's out of shape body crying wolf every other post and accusing everyone and everything of conspiring against his Don Quixote crusades.

If there were such a thing as idiocy in motion, it would be m00t.

Rather than reason and debate, it's always personal attack with this guy.  Personal attack, personal attack.

And HTC always let's him get away with it.

The poor guy can't debate to save his life with a 44 magnum pointed to his head....but when in doiubt go to personal attack.

You'd think eventually he'd wake up and smell the coffee.

Feel sorry for him too.

ROX

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #267 on: July 17, 2008, 08:29:55 AM »
See Rules #4, #5
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 04:13:03 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #268 on: July 17, 2008, 08:32:39 AM »
I try to end the convo in a civil way and you throw it all right back at me with more name calling and lame insults.  Real mature bucko.

m00t.  I don't think this can go anywhere but further downhill.  I'm going to leave this guy to his name calling and belittlement alone, he obviously can't handle it very well.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #269 on: July 17, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »
The spy stuff is crap most of the time.  When it isn't, you just have to send in film, and the spy gets nailed by HTC.
Changing sides does fix the imbalance issues.
The guys who pad their score mean nothing.  First because they suck balls, second because score means nothing.

What a 50,000 lb load of malarkey.

Send evidence of spying to HTC?????  They won't do jack.

It someone were committing the "C" word they would do something, but for spying???

HTC will never do ANYTHING to spies for spying....has your brain fallen out?

m00t has definitely lost it on this one.  Please install brain before posting.

Just another example of "ROX is posting so I have to go show my backside and pile on and post negative against ROX or my head will explode"...did you share a cab to get here with 420 bongtoking weed head?

ROX