Author Topic: Junky Music  (Read 847 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Junky Music
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 09:22:14 PM »
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:34:02 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 09:24:49 PM »
Ok. now like Rap/hiphop or whatever you call that..........stuff

Here is a style form some years ago with the same street corner type orgins.

Now. compare these to Junkys and I ask you.

Has society progressed in a positive way from the time these were first recorded to the time Junkys was? LOL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QzC1xWX2dIA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=55wWiFi6BFo
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 10:03:39 PM »
Ok I dont typically listen to music while Im actually playing. but there are a few I listent to before I play.
Or I have running through my head when doing certain things that kinda help me set the mood and psych me up

Heres is one. Particularly when Im in a mission suits me.
Hit the tarmac engines spool up take off. ride to target and attack.
All in one peice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v_Eya3_IqOQ&feature=related

Next I've always wanted to do a film to.
190 take off. On the hunt,finding a target. attack.manuver. 6 solution & kill, and beging huntng again
http://youtube.com/watch?v=13Tklb3F3h8

Only a couple of Roick songs get me in the mindset to play the game.
This one. Again on the attack
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PYXz9eOE45Q
"From their graves I heard the fallen. Above the battle cry.
Bout that bridge near the boarder. there were many more to die"

Then when Im being chased and dodging folks in my 109F
there is only 1 tune plaing in my head LOL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=spz8_rpE0e0

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 02:25:49 AM »
Seemed like pre-Jimi Hendrix to me. Ever heard Stevie Ray Vaughn's Little Wing?

I'm gonna show 2 versions of it, 1 with music only, the other with the words, it's a GREAT song!

First one is one of my favorite songs of all time. IMO, he did it a whole lot better than Jimi Hendrix...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UdYRzH10L2M

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zAG-kX_IlUw

For an SRV fan you should at least spell his last name correctly.

Have you received your "Day After Day, Night After Night" book yet?  I got mine a couple of days ago and can't believe the amount of research Hopkins put into it.  Every day of Stevie's life that is documented is recorded in this book.  Simply amazing.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 02:29:16 AM by DiabloTX »
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 03:19:55 AM »
There are only a few rap songs that are worth listening to:

1. Boy Named Sue, Johnny Cash

2. Convoy, CW McCall

3. Hot Rod Lincoln, Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen

can't think of any others off hand.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 03:21:36 AM »
Big Bad John by Jimmy Dean?
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 09:25:11 AM »

Your entire statement is dangerous. You may not understand it or even know how offensive this statement could, and probably does, come off to a person who falls in the category of "they" but you should be looking back at yourself and asking what your motivation for posting a statement like this is. It's mentality like this that causes unfortunate and un-necessary situations, no matter how unintentional. Think before you react so candidly. :)

Fasten your seatbelts and please remain PC at all times.  :rolleyes:
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 01:54:18 PM »
that stuff makes me want to jam knitting needles in my ears....repeatedly
That's not Music. That's rhyming to a beat.
the same exact beat thats been used in about 4 billion other so called songs I might add
Anyone with 2 brain cells and a Sesame Street education can do that

Most music is rhyming to a beat. To me music of almost any form  is poetry. Basically, the only difference between music and poetry is the fact that music uses instruments.

To say that being a rapper is easy.....oh please. Everyone that says that makes me chuckle. Try freestylin and make it sound 'fresh'. It is by no means easy at all. One of my friends has a studio and I tried it myself and I sounded ridiculous. Few can master the craft to be lyrically relevant. Jay-Z in my book is probably at the top of the list as far as rappers go. Ill post a link of Jay-Z in the studio and you'll see how talented this man is. This link is with Jay-Z, Rick Rubin, and one of the guys from The Beastie Boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh003Czlx3g&feature=related

XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 02:02:04 PM »
You ever notice how there are no "Classic Rap" radio stations?

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 02:05:01 PM »
You ever notice how there are no "Classic Rap" radio stations?

Wrong. XM, Sirius, Music Choice have 4 or 5 rap stations in which one is classic rap. I'm sure in some of the bigger cities there is an old school hip hop channel. The hip-hop channel I listen to plays an old school song one time per hour. Check your facts.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »
Try freestylin and make it sound 'fresh'.

:rofl
A Maxipad commercial?

Few can master the craft

:lol
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 04:57:03 PM »
For an SRV fan you should at least spell his last name correctly.

Have you received your "Day After Day, Night After Night" book yet?  I got mine a couple of days ago and can't believe the amount of research Hopkins put into it.  Every day of Stevie's life that is documented is recorded in this book.  Simply amazing.

(Image removed from quote.)

hmm.. I never knew I was spelling it wrong... It always popped up in the search buffer in Youtube when I looked it up...

I'm not a huge fan of SRV's music, just his remakes of Jimi Hendrix songs and a few other things.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 05:18:38 PM »
hmm.. I never knew I was spelling it wrong... It always popped up in the search buffer in Youtube when I looked it up...

I'm not a huge fan of SRV's music, just his remakes of Jimi Hendrix songs and a few other things.

Derek and the Dominoes were better on Little Wing.   

"Remakes" only go so far.   "Rap" today is just samples and changing a few words.    When I was younger I listened to 2 Live Crew, NWA, Ice-T and others, but they at least wrote lyrics.   Not the crap that floods the market today.   

MTV killed the generation after mine.   This was proven during Pink Floyd's performance at Live 8. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 05:20:05 PM »
Wrong. XM, Sirius, Music Choice have 4 or 5 rap stations in which one is classic rap. I'm sure in some of the bigger cities there is an old school hip hop channel. The hip-hop channel I listen to plays an old school song one time per hour. Check your facts.

Oh, let me be more clear then for those in the cheap seats.  Ever notice there are no "Classic Rap" stations on free radio?

Clear enough for you?

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 05:23:32 PM »
Derek and the Dominoes were better on Little Wing.   

"Remakes" only go so far.   "Rap" today is just samples and changing a few words.    When I was younger I listened to 2 Live Crew, NWA, Ice-T and others, but they at least wrote lyrics.   Not the crap that floods the market today.   

MTV killed the generation after mine.   This was proven during Pink Floyd's performance at Live 8. 

It shouldn't even be MTV anymore, it should be RWTV... I hate those drama shows on MTV so much, and when I finally do see music videos, it's all rap  :mad:

I've never heard Derek and the Dominoes on Little Wing but I'll go listen to it though  :aok
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes