Author Topic: Junky Music  (Read 843 times)

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Re: Junky Music
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »
meh, rap. i'll listen to some of it because its humorous, or has an interesting bass line and rythm...

all the focus is on the lyrics, i have no interest in what they are saying, it doesnt "speak to me" at all, so i dont bother listening to it.

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 09:58:48 PM »
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:21:39 PM by GFShill »
==========

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 10:07:30 PM »
Ok I dont typically listen to music while Im actually playing. but there are a few I listent to before I play.
Or I have running through my head when doing certain things that kinda help me set the mood and psych me up

Heres is one. Particularly when Im in a mission suits me.
Hit the tarmac engines spool up take off. ride to target and attack.
All in one peice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v_Eya3_IqOQ&feature=related

I actually found a .wav of the best part of that and had it as my engine start-up sound for the P-51D.  :rock

In my head, I always figured the last verse was "... because I saw it on tee-veeeeee!!!!"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:09:11 PM by GFShill »
==========

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 10:25:08 PM »
Most music is rhyming to a beat. To me music of almost any form  is poetry. Basically, the only difference between music and poetry is the fact that music uses instruments.

To say that being a rapper is easy.....oh please. Everyone that says that makes me chuckle. Try freestylin and make it sound 'fresh'. It is by no means easy at all. One of my friends has a studio and I tried it myself and I sounded ridiculous. Few can master the craft to be lyrically relevant. Jay-Z in my book is probably at the top of the list as far as rappers go. Ill post a link of Jay-Z in the studio and you'll see how talented this man is. This link is with Jay-Z, Rick Rubin, and one of the guys from The Beastie Boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh003Czlx3g&feature=related

I wouldnt lower myself.
Rap is beneith me. somehwere between pond scum and that funky looking fuzzy stuff that grows on dog turds

And he aint singing. he's talking to a beat
There is a difference.
And the lyrics are only relevent if you are, or a wannabe murderer,Rapist, woman abuser, Or wannabe "Gangsta" (gee now there is something to aspire to)

Those pre elementary rymes. Or lyrics as you call them rarely if ever have any redeeming social or moral value except to those mentioned above.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 10:33:57 PM »

There is a difference.
And the lyrics are only relevent if you are, or a wannabe murderer,Rapist, woman abuser, Or wannabe "Gangsta" (gee now there is something to aspire to)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wyyVh3uc5Y

if you say so  :rolleyes:

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 10:35:14 PM »
My 20 year old son was just looking at my typing and wanted to know what I was slamming. (probably so he could argue with me about it. Arguing with me on just about anything Seems to be a hobby of his lately)

so I showed him the original link.
Now keep in mind he actually listens to some of that crap.
His responce.
Exact words

"Oh this guy SUCKS!" LMAO
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 10:41:46 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wyyVh3uc5Y

if you say so  :rolleyes:

Sorry. I should have included "idiot" in the list in my original post  :rock

But ok I'll give you that one. It was cute. Stupid as hell. but cute
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 10:47:02 PM »
This music gets the blood pumping

Especially the B-Phone

http://www.myspace.com/raffichildrensmusic

:rock

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 10:53:23 PM »
Sorry. I should have included "idiot" in the list in my original post  :rock

:lol
maybe, but you can't go ruining all my fun.

and as i said earlier, what rap i do listen to, i do because it makes me laugh.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 11:35:34 PM »
Most music is rhyming to a beat. To me music of almost any form  is poetry. Basically, the only difference between music and poetry is the fact that music uses instruments.

To say that being a rapper is easy.....oh please. Everyone that says that makes me chuckle. Try freestylin and make it sound 'fresh'. It is by no means easy at all. One of my friends has a studio and I tried it myself and I sounded ridiculous. Few can master the craft to be lyrically relevant. Jay-Z in my book is probably at the top of the list as far as rappers go. Ill post a link of Jay-Z in the studio and you'll see how talented this man is. This link is with Jay-Z, Rick Rubin, and one of the guys from The Beastie Boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh003Czlx3g&feature=related

That's a song I indeed like (99 problems),

But...

I listened to the "original" and it was horrible.  The REASON I like that song is that Rick Reuben got involved and produced it.  He turned garbage into gold.  That's the thing about most rap.  It's the person producin' and mixing it that makes it "good" or "bad".  The artist is secondary.

What a horrible thing.  The rapper is not as important as the producer.  I DO see the "art" in it, but I have a hard time considering a rapper a musician when they are not as important as the person who is mixing/producing it.

So we'll cal lit "art" 'cause it ain't "music" per. se.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 09:24:49 AM »
And he aint singing. he's talking to a beat
There is a difference.

It's poetry. Whether you like it or not most rap is poetry. Last I heard poetry was an art form. Most music is poetry. Lots of Bod Dylan's songs were basically poetry.....he wasn't a great singer at all. His lyrics (what we could understand of them) were powerful and that's what earned him his legendary status.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 09:29:58 AM »
:lol
maybe, but you can't go ruining all my fun.

and as i said earlier, what rap i do listen to, i do because it makes me laugh.

3-6 Mafia is a great group for laughter especially this song. I bet you already heard it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-K1mk5q9Ew

The natural curly hair....please don't touch.

Here is one of the original fun songs that almost everyone knows. Another fun one to listen to with friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMEPFZa4ZQo
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2008, 04:09:24 PM »
Alot of unfounded comments about rap in here mostly founded by ignorance.  I don't see a point in trying to get someone to like your genre of music, but I'll never understand people's need to bash it especially with comments like "it all sounds the same" and "it takes no talent" or the best "they aren't musicians".   Alot of the stuff on the radio now isn't a good comparison but isn't that always the case??  I know alot of revered/talented singers that can't play a instrument or read music if their life depended on it...does that make them not musicians?  Is the mortar layer that never "took a class" not a mortar layer even if he built the Sistine Chapel?

Let's hear your rap and see if anyone listens to it.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 05:53:53 AM »
It's poetry. Whether you like it or not most rap is poetry. Last I heard poetry was an art form.

Dayglow painted dog crap is being presented as art nowadays.
So I guess you can call rap art. About the same.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 07:50:26 AM »
Listen to what I fly to :aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cSrND8QqVg

:devil

That's the worst thing I've ever heard or seen.  The lyrics are awful, depressing, sad, corrupt, angry, racist, antisocial and just plain fester badness.  Why would you choose to listen to this when there is so much good music out there?