Author Topic: Shooting chutes  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Winks

• Copper Member
Re: Shooting chutes
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »

That said, not shooting the new guys' chutes might deprive the other countries vets of all those range vox requests for a "rescue mission" or a GV to "pick" them up.  It also deprives those vets of the opportunity to tell the new guys to make a run for a friendly base on the ground and try to avoid the enemy.  I've always wondered if there have been any new players who have run overland 25+ miles to "get back to base" safely.   :lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2008, 05:50:16 PM »
And its that mentality, that ruins not only this game.. but this planet... reminds me of "the world owes me everything, and everything in the world not interesting to me is CRAP" mentality of most of the sub 25 year olds that I run into.

you know, the only thing I would be weary of about posting issues of "morality" involved with a video game is that it is more than a 2 way street, it's a super highway.  For every person who thinks that shooting a chute is ruining the fun of others, there is another who thinks vulching, taking certain bases (or groups of them), intentionally destroying an aircraft, dropping magic supply crates, jumping in front creating k/s, shooting those poor drunks trying to take the town (they don't fire back), or as it seems some days, HO's, even the act of aerial combat can all have morality issues attatched to it.   Now if you want to talk about how these actions affect gameplay, then that is a different story. 

I really don't think most people think about their actions in a fantasy created only with pixels, where the only consequences for anyone is that they get a new plane, a new pilot, and still get to log off at any point, and spend time with friends and family....really why would they need to?   I don't think God is going to get angry with you for shooting chutes, and if he does, he's probably already mad at you for simulating the killing of others.  I really don't think this game was created in an effort to comfront the moral and legal issues involving combat and pow's. 

long live the meat bomb.....yes that is an oxymoron

-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2008, 06:08:42 PM »

You don't really die you know.

I think everyone realizes that, although you come off as most don't. The only real reason to shoot a chute, despite whatever lame reason/excuse/ rationalization you see printed here ,is to piss off the other guy. I suppose if one must to make themselves feel superior , after all it is just cartoons using your words, then we must not chastise. We must offer sympathy.

Personally I feel sorry for some poor soul that has not the character to garner friends, and must resort to this kind of "leetness" then crow about it like some cartoon warrior (your words again) on a UBB for attention. I'm happy for them that they have found an outlet to get attention.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 06:11:06 PM by blkmgc »
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2008, 03:52:28 PM »
Maybe if i start playing a bit more i might see you online, then maybe i can shoot your chute, 'share a moment' and bond a lil.  Because at the moment, i really don't see this going anywhere, sorry. xxx
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2008, 05:14:54 PM »
I doubt you'd see me. Were usually above 1000 ft.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2008, 06:11:09 PM »
I doubt you'd see me. Were usually above 1000 ft.

Cool, I would have no troubles looking down and seeing you hang helplessly in your parachute as I dive down and put a 20mm right through the meatball dangling under the silk.  I can already envision it and hear the whines on 200. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2008, 08:22:52 PM »
I can already envision it and hear the whines on 200. 

ack-ack

I dont attention ho on 200 either, thats for the kiddies.

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2008, 10:54:18 PM »
I ran into a guy in a chute once.  Chute got caught up on my engine and this leg and foot kept going whap, whap, whap, whap on the side of my plane... :O
What if the Hokey Pokey's REALLY what it's all about...

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2008, 04:00:40 AM »
i don't shoot chutes i do a flyby and that is enough to piss them off becuase i am showing them hahahahahahah you are a loser :P :rolleyes:
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2008, 05:47:00 AM »
i don't shoot chutes i do a flyby and that is enough to piss them off becuase i am showing them hahahahahahah you are a loser :P :rolleyes:

Isnt Mommie calling?

Ack-Ack Dont you still live with Mommie too?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 05:49:14 AM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2008, 06:14:07 AM »
I dont attention ho on 200 either, thats for the kiddies.

Not to be offensive, but were playing a cartoon game, doesn't that make us all kids at heart.    :)

Just a thought.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Yippee38

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2008, 10:40:55 AM »
Looked at from the other side, I couldn't care less if somebody shoots my chute.  When I go to the chute, I've already lost, so I don't care if I "die" or am "captured" at that point.  If anything, it gets me back in a plane quicker.  So why not shoot other chutes?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2008, 12:35:47 PM »

Ack-Ack Dont you still live with Mommie too?

Wow, it seems like I've hit a sore spot!  w00t!

The fact that I was able to piss you off is what I enjoy the most about tools like you and why I love shooting chutes.  Just hope that if you ever bail, you don't see a Knight P-38J nearby as you dangle helplessly in your chute.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2008, 06:52:28 PM »
Wow, it seems like I've hit a sore spot!  w00t!

The fact that I was able to piss you off is what I enjoy the most about tools like you and why I love shooting chutes.  Just hope that if you ever bail, you don't see a Knight P-38J nearby as you dangle helplessly in your chute.

ack-ack

Im just saying. You strike me as a young kid.

An older guy probably wouldnt even consider saying or doing insulting things in the game. Its not just maturity, We just havnt really been barn raised on Internet anomynity. Yaknow when BLKmagic and I were your age, grade school or high school, if you opened your yap and insulted anyone you'd best be able to back it up. The guys here 40'ish or older know what Im talking about. There was no calling the cops, calling a lawyer, crying to your teacher or mommie. Either you went down or he did.

It made for a more polite society. As for dissing your elders such concepts didnt even exist. It would never even occurr to us to disrespect an elder.

I know a lot of chute shooters arent necessarily sissies who hide behind an Internet game but I do consider such things to be indicators of an impolite society of personal cowards. I see it all the time on my job. These weasels start stuff and then call the cops if they catch a licking, or even if somone threatens them. They catch a crack after being ignorant to a stranger and they run for their lawyers.

So...thats what I think when I see little sweetheartbags like you saying/doing little sweetheartbag things in the game ,and for no reason. In my day channel 200 was real life and you'd better be able to backup your big mouth or someone would shut it for you.

You didnt find any sore spot. I just find much of modern life disheartening and hard to understand. I might give a <S> but I wouldnt insult a stranger by shooting his chute.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:56:05 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2008, 07:10:10 PM »
Looked at from the other side, I couldn't care less if somebody shoots my chute.  When I go to the chute, I've already lost, so I don't care if I "die" or am "captured" at that point.  If anything, it gets me back in a plane quicker.  So why not shoot other chutes?
If getting back to the tower quickly is your goal, there is no need to even open your chute.  Hit enter three times to bail, then hit / . e f <enter> and you are back in the tower.

Ergo, anyone actually dangling in a chute is up to no good -- and should be shot.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."