Author Topic: Adjustment to Scoring (idea)  (Read 8269 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Adjustment to Scoring (idea)
« on: July 26, 2008, 05:07:07 PM »
This is just a idea I've thought of some time back. I'm not much of a score tard, meaning I don't care where I rank but I do like to check my stats. It would have be nice to see who the "real" aces of AH are in regards to "real fighting".  The only way IMO to get a better idea by score of who the best pilots or GVer's are, is if vulch tards and spawn campers were taken out of the equation.

I think there is a very simple solution to do this as I posted in another unrelated topic. We already have proxie kills that don't add to your stats in this game. Why not have kills made before 30 seconds of that con spawning also not count towards your score?

Meaning if you are shooting a guy on the runway, it's not going to help your score same as sitting on a VH and spawn camping. 30 seconds is enough time for a plane to at least have a chance to get in the air and it's enough time for a GV to at least start moving and try to find the target.

Granted it's not a perfect solution, but I do believe it would weed out "most" of the vulching and spawn camping from the stats. Of course it's not going to stop people from vulching or spawn camping but at least they wouldn't receive perks or points for doing it. Using a 30 scoring rule might also influence the score tards into actually fighting rather than depending on easy no skill kills.

On the flip side the guys getting vulched or spawn camped wouldn't have deaths counted against them piror to 30 seconds which would give a little more incentive to up at a capped base or spawn. In short it would reward people for fighting rather than vulching air bases and spawn camping.

Just a thought I figured I'd toss out there, in hopes of giving a incentive to actually fight.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 05:09:42 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
Re: Adjustment to Scoring (idea)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 05:07:36 PM »
This is just a idea I've thought of some time back. I'm not much of a score tard, meaning I don't care where I rank but I do like to check my stats. It would have be nice to see who the "real" aces of AH are in regards to "real fighting".  The only way IMO to get a better idea by score of who the best pilots or GVer's are, is if vulch tards and spawn campers were taken out of the equation.

I think there is a very simple solution to do this as I posted in another unrelated topic. We already have proxie kills that don't add to your stats in this game. Why not have kills made before 30 secons of that cons spawning also not count towards your score?

Meaning if you are shooting a guy on the runway, it's not going to help your score same as sitting on a VH and spawn camping. 30 seconds is enough time for a plane to at least have a chance to get in the air and it'sd enough time for a GV to at least start moving and try to find the target.

Granted it's not a perfect solution, but I do believe it would weed out "most" of the vulching and spawn camping from the stats. Of course it's not going to stop people from vulching or spawn camping but at least they wouldn't receive perks or points for doing it. Using a 30 scoring rule might also influence the score tards into actually fighting rather than depending on easy no skill kills.

On the flip side the guys getting vulched or spawn camped wouldn't have deaths counted against them piror to 30 seconds which would give a little more incentive to up at a capped base or spawn. In short it would reward people for fighting rather than vulching air bases and spawn camping.

Just a thought I figured I'd toss out there, in hopes of giving a incentive to actually fight.

phail
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »
phail

Well I already know vulch tards won't like the idea, but this topic is for people that actually fight. So go find another.
"strafing"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 05:09:44 PM »

I think there is a very simple solution to do this as I posted in another unrelated topic. We already have proxie kills that don't add to your stats in this game.

Your're wrong, they do. You just don't get  Perk points for them, but one single score point and they do count as regular kills for all other purposes ( K/D, K/S, K/T)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 05:12:03 PM »
Well I already know vulch tards won't like the idea, but this topic is for people that actually fight. So go find another.

Well, uhm, no. I like this one.
And since I was called a vulch tard let me throw some dirt back at you.
Actually, wait. I'll stop right there  :lol

IN
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 05:13:36 PM »

They will just find another way, for instance not shooting until the wheels are off the pavement.

There will always be game gamers and guys who play only for score. In the end its their $$ being spent to play their game their way. If they want to play for their cartoon rank then its their right.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 05:13:51 PM »
Well, uhm, no. I like this one.
And since I was called a vulch tard let me throw some dirt back at you.
Actually, wait. I'll stop right there  :lol

IN
taking the high road?  You're in the subway. :rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 05:14:52 PM »
I think there is a very simple solution to do this as I posted in another unrelated topic. We already have proxie kills that don't add to your stats in this game. Why not have kills made before 30 seconds of that con spawning also not count towards your score?

I've suggested something along these lines several times. It ends up boiling down to this right here...

People who don't care about scorekeeping or its validity don't care what gets counted or not, so tend to reject the idea as it doesn't pertain to them.
People who do care about scorekeeping tend not want it to be more valid as their egos could not bear the thought of plummeting in the rankings.

So, just about everyone hates the proposal except the few cherished purist souls who don't vulch or spawncamp and are all for scores being more meaningful and less prone to artificial manipulation. If you can make any part of the game work better and make more sense, why the heck not. Unfortunately, the purists seem to be a significant minority.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 05:20:40 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 05:16:33 PM »
Your're wrong, they do. You just don't get  Perk points for them, but one single score point and they do count as regular kills for all other purposes ( K/D, K/S, K/T)

No a proxie gives you zero kill points or perks.. You still might land the kill but it's no counted toward rank. If you put a single round in it then yes you do get score and perks, but at that point it's not a true proxie.
"strafing"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 05:19:58 PM »
No a proxie gives you zero kill points or perks.. You still might land the kill but it's no counted toward rank. If you put a single round in it then yes you do get score and perks, but at that point it's not a true proxie.

This is simply not true.

Proxi gives you zero perks, thats right, but one single point for scores (which is almost as good as nothing, my kills give me about 200pts average per kill).
And they are counted in all other categories and thus counted towards rank.
NOT counted towards rank are things like kills on GV's when in fighter mode, or the whole field gunner stuff.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 05:20:36 PM »
Wrong, proxies do count toward rank in the way Lusche specified.  Also it is not "kill points" it is damage points, and you can rack up damage points without scoring any kills.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 05:21:02 PM »
I've suggested something along these lines several times. It ends up boiling down to this right here...

People who don't care about scorekeeping or its validity don't care what gets counted or not.
People who do care about scorekeeping tend not want it to be more valid as their egos could not bear the thought of plummeting in the rankings.

So, just about everyone hates the proposal except the few cherished purist souls who don't vulch or spawncamp and are all for scores being more meaningful and less prone to artificial manipulation. Unfortunately the purists seem to be a significant minority.

Yea but if the score more accurately reflected skill with less manipulation from no skill kills, then maybe more people would care. At the very worst it would force vulch tards and campers to actually fight if they wanted perks or score. So it would at least give incentive not to vulch or camp which is the real reason behind the idea.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 05:22:24 PM »
This is simply not true.

Proxi gives you zero perks, thats right, but one single point for scores (which is almost as good as nothing, my kills give me about 200pts average per kill).
And they are counted in all other categories and thus counted towards rank.
NOT counted towards rank are things like kills on GV's when in fighter mode, or the whole field gunner stuff.

ah ok I wasn't aware of that.. Then I stand corrected on proxies.
"strafing"

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 05:22:42 PM »
and you can rack up damage points without scoring any kills.

Yup, if you go beat up on some bombers but only get assists you still get a ton of damage points because they take alot of damage.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 05:25:51 PM »
Yea but if the score more accurately reflected skill with less manipulation from no skill kills, then maybe more people would care. At the very worst it would force vulch tards and campers to actually fight if they wanted perks or score. So it would at least give incentive not to vulch or camp which is the real reason behind the idea.

If you had heard Doug and Dale speak about vulching/spawn camping, you would realize it has its place in the game and your idea is futile.