Author Topic: Question for those that vulch 2nd accounts to gain rank  (Read 7425 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Question for those that vulch 2nd accounts to gain rank
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2008, 05:15:10 PM »
That's a shame, I wonder why they didn't take the proper action?

This is how they do it.  Dextur logs in on yourfup, ups B-24s or Lancasters and Biggamer then vulches for a bit.  Then Biggamer logs on with yourfup, ups B-24s or Lancasters and Dextur vulches for a bit.  The reason they do it this way is if they are reported to HTC and it's looked at, it will show yourfup and whoever is vulching at the time on two different IP addresses.  This apparently is enough to cause reasonable doubt that score padding is going on and not their story of, "Gee, we just happened to find this newbie that kept upping buffs.  It's not our fault we found this guy in two seperate arenas." 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2008, 05:21:25 PM »
This is how they do it.  Dextur logs in on yourfup, ups B-24s or Lancasters and Biggamer then vulches for a bit.  Then Biggamer logs on with yourfup, ups B-24s or Lancasters and Dextur vulches for a bit.  The reason they do it this way is if they are reported to HTC and it's looked at, it will show yourfup and whoever is vulching at the time on two different IP addresses.  This apparently is enough to cause reasonable doubt that score padding is going on and not their story of, "Gee, we just happened to find this newbie that kept upping buffs.  It's not our fault we found this guy in two seperate arenas." 

ack-ack

That doesn't help those kids every time. Sometimes the evidence presented is still overhwelming. :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2008, 05:22:14 PM »

Then saw woody002 land 24 kills in a P38-J ... I later encountered him while getting fighting a Ki-61 and a Mossy ... he auger/compressed on his attack ... not quite what I would expect from a guy that just landed 24 kills.

I just don't get it.

Looks like he was vulching a Panzer IV H.  24 kills.

ack-ack

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2008, 04:32:34 AM »
oh well.....all I can say is I'll be throwing me teddy out me pram, big style, if one of these interferes with me boats.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »
The scoring system has been fubar'd since inception. I am amazed at the amount of vets who actually still bring this topic up. If this is an actual question instead of a hidden name and shame I'd be surprised. Seriously, everyone who has played more than 2 months and doesn't realize that the scoring system HTC has provided isn't total rubbish with more holes in it than swiss cheese needs to get their head checked. The people who think that it actually means anything or matters even moreso.
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2008, 12:19:12 PM »
What does one gain by vulching a 2nd account to gain rank?  Does having your name on the main page every month mean that much to you?  Is it that important to feel accepted by this community that you will engage in activity that this community frowns upon?  Does it give you a warm and fuzzy feeling everytime you log on you see yourself ranked #1?  Does it bother you that you had to basically cheat your way to the top?  Does it bother you that the community thinks lowly of players like you?

I'm curious to see what guys like Biggamer and Dextur would like to say on this subject, maybe we'll have their 'friend' yourfup pipe in too with his thoughts.

ack-ack

Im friends with both Dex and BG...

It appears it was a "shade Account"

But "YourFup" IS now being flown my BG's little brother (hes 16) and i have proof of him flying under the name,
He has lets say, adopted the account from 1 or both of them and is now using it to play AH, Fairly..

Now back to the "killing shade's for rank" its alittle boring doing that, no fun.. wow my names on the home page, is that fun?

Yea makes u look good, And ive been on it a few times (2 :rolleyes: :lol)

But it must be boring just trying for rank every month, come on guys have some fun up a 262 and get raped by 30 cons!  :lol :lol

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2008, 12:21:16 PM »

He has lets say, adopted the account from 1 or both of them and is now using it to play AH, Fairly..

Until they want to pad again.

Yea makes u look good,
  Uhh no.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2008, 12:23:49 PM »
Until they want to pad again.

Uhh no.

I honestly see no fun "padding"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2008, 01:58:59 PM »
I honestly see no fun "padding"
Evidently someone does.
See Rule #4

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2008, 02:51:33 PM »
Guess we got a couple more in MW in the first day of this Tour.

Saw eagle345 land 70 kills in a Panzer ... said it was from spawn camping ... looked at his score ... 183 kills in a Panzer in 1 day.

Maybe, maybe not.  I landed 28 kills in a Tiger one night spawn camping and 38 another night hiding in the indestructable building after our field was captured (this was before they added the hedgerows).  I also died with 41 kills in a Tiger once in AHI.  If all you do is GV and play all day that might be possible.

Heck, I landed like 26 kills in two sorties one night defending a V base maproom.  The funny thing about that one was it was all Aces and Eights.  I can't tell you how much I wanted to run into them again after that.  :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:03:55 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline sNiPeR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2008, 03:35:53 PM »

But "YourFup" IS now being flown my BG's little brother (hes 16) and i have proof of him flying under the name,

Well,with Bg's lil bro in the mix,that must make it easier for Dextur now that Bg dont have to be there to up as YourFup to pork his score :rock

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2008, 05:39:24 PM »
I am amazed at the amount of vets who actually still bring this topic up. If this is an actual question instead of a hidden name and shame I'd be surprised.

Why are you surprised?  I personally wanted to know what motivates them to engage in such activity.  I've been playing this game far longer than you have and believe me, I've known how fubar'd score/rank is since my days in AW.  I don't need some johhny come lately to tell me that little fact. 

ack-ack

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2008, 05:53:46 PM »
Why are you surprised?  I personally wanted to know what motivates them to engage in such activity.  I've been playing this game far longer than you have and believe me, I've known how fubar'd score/rank is since my days in AW.  I don't need some johhny come lately to tell me that little fact. 

ack-ack

Obvious reason is obvious. High rank and front page.

Oh, and way to sneak in how long you've been playing, for the 9000th time. Everytime you wonder why they pad their stats go back to why you insist on saying how long you've been around. Epeen social status.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 05:57:07 PM by nimble »
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2008, 06:17:01 PM »
Obvious reason is obvious. High rank and front page.

Oh, and way to sneak in how long you've been playing, for the 9000th time. Everytime you wonder why they pad their stats go back to why you insist on saying how long you've been around. Epeen social status.

:lol
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2008, 09:38:19 PM »
Great thread.  Not only does it point out a pathetic behavior pattern but itis also filled with some funny banter.

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom