Author Topic: Question for those that vulch 2nd accounts to gain rank  (Read 7389 times)

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Re: Question for those that vulch 2nd accounts to gain rank
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2008, 08:51:51 AM »
find yourfup and kill him before they do   :D

Hopefully, Dextur, Biggamer, and Yourfup just sorta, well disappear......
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »
it is an hour to have you ridin...

:confused:
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2008, 09:35:57 AM »

it is an hour to have you ridin my ankle all this time
[/quote]

that would be squeaker grammar there BE
 :huh
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2008, 10:49:01 AM »
What does one gain by vulching a 2nd account to gain rank?  Does having your name on the main page every month mean that much to you?  Is it that important to feel accepted by this community that you will engage in activity that this community frowns upon?  Does it give you a warm and fuzzy feeling everytime you log on you see yourself ranked #1?  Does it bother you that you had to basically cheat your way to the top?  Does it bother you that the community thinks lowly of players like you?

I'm curious to see what guys like Biggamer and Dextur would like to say on this subject, maybe we'll have their 'friend' yourfup pipe in too with his thoughts.

ack-ack

I think anyone that is number 1 or in the top 10 spends quite a bit of time milking. We have all done it and it didn't take long before I realized that it was a waste of time. I really think other than maybe a few stats the score thing should be removed. It actually hurts the game in the way it dictates the style of play for many. This game for me is a form of compition  and for a guy like me who can't do it on the playing field anymore enjoys what this game offers in that department. It's not just chasing number 1 it's running from fights just to keep their K to D ratio up, It's having m3's with supplies sitting behind  Tigers fighting T-34's and Panzers, just so they don't lose a Tiger. I mean come on..........Play the game for fun not for ego. I find it getting harder to find guys who will fight on equal ground anymore. It's seems like people need an advantage before engaging anymore. Now that is not everyone but it is the majority of people playing this game. The new people are learning all these bad habits rather quick now from these guys. I suspect that it will one day kill this game.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2008, 11:06:48 AM »
It's not just chasing number 1 it's running from fights just to keep their K to D ratio up,

Just a minor note:

If you spend too much time running, you won't get a top spot rank even with a "superior" K/D. Your K/S and K/T suffer too much.
Once you're past K/D 5.0 or so, you do not gain much from further increasing it, rankwise. Trying to protect your K/D can be detrimental to rank, if that's what one is going for.
Currently #1 fighter has K/D 6.94, #49 a K/D of 16.0

It's having m3's with supplies sitting behind  Tigers fighting T-34's and Panzers, just so they don't lose a Tiger. I mean come on..........Play the game for fun not for ego.

Tigers are not invulnerable (especially not when the eny brings an expendable M4), they cost perks, and often a Tiger is the last defense about incoming GV hordes a base has. I see nothing bad in supporting a teammate in the MA's, be it running supplies to him or flying as his wingman. It's a battle out there...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2008, 11:52:16 AM »
Those are general answers . They aren't necessarily the answer for what I'm referring to. If your Tiger cost 10 perks which theirs did and your in open field combat (able to see all oncoming enemies) which they could  and the odds are even and it was and  you have a plane flying overhead spotting for you and they did and  your fighting tanks you can kill 1 shot at range. Why do you need supplies? All it did was stop a good GV battle. We had to move in close to even be able to kill their Tigers . This happened in Miidwar so M4's weren't available. There was no airfield near by so there wasn't an air threat for them. What I'm trying to say is that too much rank monging is going on rather that what I presume the game was intended for. I didn't consider you as one of them so nothing is directed towards you.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2008, 12:20:36 PM »
wow you do try hard at bein the internet tough guy

You really should read your 'confession' and then come back and tell me who is trying to be an 'intardnet toughguy'.  Frankly, I am rather surprised that you didn't expect the reception you got after your confession.  The fact that you did what you did and then come here on these boards unrepentent for cheating just goes to show what kind of individual you are both in game and in real life.

Here's another clue that you just can't seem to grasp.  The attitude of the community towards you is solely of your own making.  When people think of the dumb arses in this game, your name always seems to come out on top.  I wonder why that is?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »
not all of those players are score potatos.  N72 is consistently number one in fighters in the MW he is a clean player and does not pad nor does he play for score.  furthermore, in my opinion he is amongst the very best ever players I have run across to play this game.

you can't one size fits all.

I concur !

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2008, 02:27:35 PM »
wow you do try hard at bein the internet tough guy

And that brings me to my next point, kids... :pray

Don't smoke crack! :O
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2008, 02:43:02 PM »

I think anyone that is number 1 or in the top 10 spends quite a bit of time milking. We have all done it and it didn't take long before I realized that it was a waste of time. I really think other than maybe a few stats the score thing should be removed. It actually hurts the game in the way it dictates the style of play for many. This game for me is a form of compition  and for a guy like me who can't do it on the playing field anymore enjoys what this game offers in that department. It's not just chasing number 1 it's running from fights just to keep their K to D ratio up, It's having m3's with supplies sitting behind  Tigers fighting T-34's and Panzers, just so they don't lose a Tiger. I mean come on..........Play the game for fun not for ego. I find it getting harder to find guys who will fight on equal ground anymore. It's seems like people need an advantage before engaging anymore. Now that is not everyone but it is the majority of people playing this game. The new people are learning all these bad habits rather quick now from these guys. I suspect that it will one day kill this game.

There's a few errors in that.

1) A few "Stuka Nukes"  on some virgin factories is all the "milking" you need to do so long as you don't "egg" anything else to mess up those stats. You can have a top 25 Bomber and Attack rank easily with 1 hour a month of this if you do some quality fightering in attack mode and get a goon capture.

2) Flying purely for K/D is the fastest way to completely and utterly "bork" your fighter rank. If you have the #1 K/D you're practically guaranteed to have the #578th+ K/T and your K/S is almost certainly going to be too poor as well. Those two sub-components (K/D & K/T) are practically mutually exclusive. You need to balance them if you want a pretty fighter rank. Dying for 5 more kills is FAR, FAR, far better for your fighter rank than getting only two more kills then running away to avoid dying to the other three and landing. Running and RTB'ing to land are extremely time consuming. So long as you have the gunnery to kill 5+ a hop on average when all goes well, you're far better off, in terms of fighter rank, killing as many as you possibly can while dying in the process for a fresh plane. You'll have at least a 5 to 1 K/D ratio even if you never live to land a single pelt all tour, that's plenty and your K/T will be incredible.

3) You don't need to spawncamp in GV's for a good vehicle rank either, getting good with AA GV's (M16, Osti, Whirble) is just as good so long as you Tank down a couple of towns or strats with HE's, do one good PT Boat rocket salvo and get a M3 capture...

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:27:24 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2008, 02:50:12 PM »

Anyone that pays attention to a top 10 anything in this game is missing the point of playing the game in my opinion.   Kill scoring and attaboy messages completely and you'd have a lot more combat/competition
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2008, 02:53:13 PM »
Anyone that pays attention to a top 10 anything in this game is missing the point of playing the game in my opinion.   Kill scoring and attaboy messages completely and you'd have a lot more combat/competition
i agree 110%
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2008, 02:55:18 PM »
And that brings me to my next point, kids... :pray

Don't smoke crack! :O

:rofl :rofl :rofl
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2008, 03:01:35 PM »
Ran into Biggaymer last night in the MW and boy, was it really funny.  I, along with a few others, asked him why he cheated.  His response was "Why are you asking such meany questions?" followed by "DA NOW!" LOL

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2008, 03:34:44 PM »
Ran into Biggaymer last night in the MW and boy, was it really funny.  I, along with a few others, asked him why he cheated.  His response was "Why are you asking such meany questions?" followed by "DA NOW!" LOL

ack-ack

I asked him the same thing and he said

"HT banned you years ago for cheating"  :huh :huh :confused: :confused:

Kid is reaching out man
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14