Author Topic: WE'RE GETTING THE T34/85!!!  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: WE'RE GETTING THE T34/85!!!
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2008, 08:52:22 PM »
What about the M4 Sherman VC "Firefly" perked at ENY 5 (like every other perk unit) and the T-34/85 unperked at something in the 5-10 range?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
It won't. An unperked M4 at ENY 15 means it's available more than 90% of the time. And as the M4 can quite easily thrash the Tiger, it will be extremely popular again, just like it was before it got perked. ENY is only a minor consideration to majority of players.
If perk farming was a major consideration, we would see much more T34/76s. And the best perk farming GV is actually the Wirbel. Nothing can get you more perks per invested time.
Maybe I wasn't clear.  I did not mean to unperk the M4, but rather have the M4 and the T-34/85 be the same 15 ENY, but the T-34/85 would be unperked.

IMO the reasons the T-34/76 isn't used much as a perk farmer because its gun is horrible for long range fighting and the views are awful.  The average/general GVer is lucky to get one kill in it before being killed himself.

The Panzer is powerful enough to be used as a minor perk farmer if it has an opponent it can reasonably defeat that has a better ENY score, but is unperked and therefore likely to be found in some numbers.  Right now there is no such tank.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »
What about the M4 Sherman VC "Firefly" perked at ENY 5 (like every other perk unit) and the T-34/85 unperked at something in the 5-10 range?
Right now the Firefly is ENY 15 and the Tiger is ENY 10.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2008, 09:10:53 PM »
Maybe I wasn't clear.  I did not mean to unperk the M4, but rather have the M4 and the T-34/85 be the same 15 ENY, but the T-34/85 would be unperked.
ah, then I misunderstood

IMO the reasons the T-34/76 isn't used much as a perk farmer because its gun is horrible for long range fighting and the views are awful.  The average/general GVer is lucky to get one kill in it before being killed himself.

Frankly said it could have all the range & views and still would pale as a perk farmer in comparison to a Wirbelwind. More occasions for more kills in less time, and many planes have ENY <10 = yummy perk gain.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2008, 09:38:32 PM »
One other thing we haven't considered is that if the field of view in the gunsight on the T-34/85 is as bad as on the T-34/76, people still may prefer the Panzer on that basis alone.
I agree many people might be turned off by the gunsite, as I was initially when I first used it, but if you're comfortable switching back and forth between the commander's "periscope" and the gunsite, it's not hard to keep your SA and locate targets and whatnot and get your gun aimed at them.  It's all about paying attention to landmarks that you identify from the commander's view, so that you can recognize them in the gunsite as you traverse the turret.  Put the time into the T34 and after a while the "looking down through a straw" gunsite isn't such a handicap anymore.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2008, 09:45:39 PM »
The average player doesn't really care about perk points, I'd think.  What matters is who kills who.  The 34/85 will be perked if it unbalances the kill stats, imo.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2008, 09:50:30 PM »
Frankly said it could have all the range & views and still would pale as a perk farmer in comparison to a Wirbelwind. More occasions for more kills in less time, and many planes have ENY <10 = yummy perk gain.
Fair point -- but they aren't much good against a ground attack.

And I personally STILL can't hit squat with them.

Not that I regularly go perk farming.

As far as you know.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2008, 06:41:24 AM »
I agree many people might be turned off by the gunsite, as I was initially when I first used it, but if you're comfortable switching back and forth between the commander's "periscope" and the gunsite, it's not hard to keep your SA and locate targets and whatnot and get your gun aimed at them.  It's all about paying attention to landmarks that you identify from the commander's view, so that you can recognize them in the gunsite as you traverse the turret.  Put the time into the T34 and after a while the "looking down through a straw" gunsite isn't such a handicap anymore.

commanders periscope????? did i miss somethink?? and can i turn of the gunsite in my tank?? why should i do this, it is hard to aim with one but it with out????

cu

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2008, 03:12:46 PM »
     I think I found the inspiration for the new T-34/85 model  :D

80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2008, 05:32:14 PM »
commanders periscope????? did i miss somethink??
I'm talking about the same position that would be the pintle gun on tanks that have one.  The T34 doesn't, but you can still stick your head up and look around.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2008, 04:56:29 AM »
moin

jes a squadmate told me what you was talking about....sorry my english is to bad so i miss understod you, sorry.

cu chris3

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2008, 08:44:26 PM »
Does it come in black? :devil
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins