Author Topic: to all 190 pilots  (Read 3972 times)

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: to all 190 pilots
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 04:04:24 PM »

But if it is to gain some notoriety as a great 190 stick...  Well, a 190 who beats me (or even tries to) in the "horizontal" (a misleading, and largely innaccurate term, really) will always impress me more than a guy who avoids it like the plague.

A 190 pilot who regularly kills ANYTHING but other 190s or buffs in fair or semi-fair single combat already deserves notoriety.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 04:28:25 PM »
A 190 pilot who regularly kills ANYTHING but other 190s or buffs in fair or semi-fair single combat already deserves notoriety.

I could care less about the kill count, even if it's "0"...  It's how they try to get them.  I've run into several 190 sticks over the years that have "wowed!" me, but it wasn't because of a system message.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 04:39:50 PM »
I could care less about the kill count, even if it's "0"...  It's how they try to get them.  I've run into several 190 sticks over the years that have "wowed!" me, but it wasn't because of a system message.

Note the phrase "single combat".

And results count. If a guy goes into a low and slow turn fight with a D9 vs. a Spit16 and WINS, he's Sierra Hotel, sure. If he gets his tail shot off though, all it proves is that he should have stuffed his hubris and extended.

<S>

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 04:40:57 PM »

Why do you all focus so much on 1vs1? :confused:  190s are meant to be flown in pairs so that they can pick more effectively. :aok

And results count. If a guy goes into a low and slow turn fight with a D9 vs. a Spit16 and WINS, he's Sierra Hotel, sure.

No, all it proves is that the 16 pilot was tumbleweed. :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 04:42:45 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 04:45:58 PM »
Why do you all focus so much on 1vs1? :confused:  190s are meant to be flown in pairs so that they can pick more effectively. :aok

No, all it proves is that the 16 pilot was tumbleweed. :D

Maybe because I'm a total misanthrope? But you're right. Thing is, IMO team fighting introduces so many strategic variables that it really does become more about the pilots than the plane. Also, so many variables that it overwhelms my organic CPU, so I prefer to think about 1v1 tactics. ;)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2008, 04:52:53 PM »
back to the topic, 190 pilots that stik stir when I'm going the same speed as them and on their 6 are funny to kill. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 04:56:31 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

:lol

Zoozoo owns -----> Skyrock

:D

Nice effects zoozoo.  Found your cat yet?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 05:02:36 PM »
Anywho, DA setting F4U-D v. 190A5 5k merge, same E, who would win?
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2008, 05:03:25 PM »
Note the phrase "single combat".

And results count. If a guy goes into a low and slow turn fight with a D9 vs. a Spit16 and WINS, he's Sierra Hotel, sure. If he gets his tail shot off though, all it proves is that he should have stuffed his hubris and extended.

<S>

Just out of curiousity...  How exactly do you think the guy who won a low slow turn fight in a D9 vs. a Spit16 learned how to do it?  

Results don't mean jack in here.

<S>
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 05:04:41 PM »
Anywho, DA setting F4U-D v. 190A5 5k merge, same E, who would win?

If he has a clue, the F4U. 

Hey that rhymes.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2008, 05:10:46 PM »
 :aok (as far as im concerned, 190 is worst plane in game lol)

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2008, 05:18:21 PM »
Just out of curiousity...  How exactly do you think the guy who won a low slow turn fight in a D9 vs. a Spit16 learned how to do it?  

Results don't mean jack in here.

<S>

Vudak, Yenney, Mark.....

Please finish the technical aspect of this conversation. How does the A5 or D9 defeat a spit16 or F4U on the deck co-E? Vudak is correct in my case, i can pick and cherry all night long in a D9, and against average spit or F4 drivers make them over shoot in the first 2 moves on the deck. I've seen Mark make E-fighters act like Zero's in the DA for the single move it took to win.

So gents, please finish this conversation, you have my attention at least.... :salute
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2008, 05:22:15 PM »
:aok (as far as im concerned, 190 is worst plane in game lol)

-BigBOBCH
Think so? Once you realize the Dora handles like a Corvette with bald front tires, there's no limit to the things you can't do in it. :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 05:29:21 PM by Cthulhu »
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2008, 05:59:19 PM »
:lol

Zoozoo owns -----> Skyrock

:D

Nice effects zoozoo.  Found your cat yet?

Neg furball, still no sign of him but i am still looking and keeping the windows open to hear him if he is at the door, thanks for asking m8
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »
Vudak, Yenney, Mark.....

Please finish the technical aspect of this conversation. How does the A5 or D9 defeat a spit16 or F4U on the deck co-E? Vudak is correct in my case, i can pick and cherry all night long in a D9, and against average spit or F4 drivers make them over shoot in the first 2 moves on the deck. I've seen Mark make E-fighters act like Zero's in the DA for the single move it took to win.

So gents, please finish this conversation, you have my attention at least.... :salute
Bustr, it comes down to pilot knowing "what" to do, and "when"......."when" being the golden penny!  I've fought dora's on the deck in MA and as long as I play the first move or two right, I will ensure that I get at least a shot on them.  Then, when/if it gets down and dirty(not a good place to be in dora gainst spit), its all feel, really.  You know how a dora is going to act, and you make a "move" that a spit can't pull guns on, right when the poor fella is squeezing  the trigger......the whole time, said, "move" puts u in position to kill him.  So, what you have to do, is bait the spit into an attack position that the 190 can counter and pull guns, it's that easy. 

hint:  if you know what the plane can actually do, and are able to have it be your beotch, then u always have a chance against another plane of any type.   :aok

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"