Author Topic: Your first job?  (Read 1555 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Your first job?
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:05:19 PM »
  Your first job as a teenager? or as a kid? And don't say paperboy/girl, we all know you ran out of money and needed more...  :D :P

For me, I was a cashier.. at Wal-mart... quiet you...  :devil

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Re: Your first job?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »
Piggly Wiggly.....

Stocker , Checker , Sacker , Janitor and anything else they could think of.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 08:07:28 PM »
I made pizza's and subs in my old mans sub shop at the age of 12 making 2.50 an hr.
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 08:08:15 PM »
My dad gives me 3 bucks when i shave his back  :D
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 08:08:50 PM »
I washed Police cars, in and out, at the Scottsdale, AZ Police Department on the weekends. 4.25 per hour.

Gosh I miss that job.
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 08:09:16 PM »
   ick thats like soooooo grosssss   :rofl

My dad gives me 3 bucks when i shave his back  :D
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 08:10:22 PM »
yep it is  :lol
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 08:11:42 PM »
that aint right pa   :rofl
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 08:12:03 PM »
My first job was working on a rice farm plowing fields and harvesting at the age of 13. Did that until I turned 18 and graduated HS.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline sprattjack

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 08:36:52 PM »
I washed Police cars, in and out, at the Scottsdale, AZ Police Department on the weekends. 4.25 per hour.

Gosh I miss that job.
trustee still on your resume', is it?

Offline mentalguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 08:58:46 PM »
I had a Mcjob flipping Mcburgers.
PFC. Corey "Mentalguy" Gibson
USMC

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 08:59:21 PM »
Well my very first job was when I was visiting my mom for the summer in Houston, she worked at a pizza place called Skybox pizza, I made the dough, don't remember what they paid me, it wasn't much, but it was cash at the end of the day.

But my first official job getting a pay check was a bagger for a grocery store called Dominick's making $4.65/hr, minimum wage.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 09:02:20 PM »
My first job was as a cashier at a large-chain grocery store.  I knew I probably wasn't going to make it long on that one when I accidentally insulted someone.

A very well to do asian looking family comes in.  I check through about 150 dollars worth of groceries.  They pull out a credit card (looking item), and start trying to put it through.  I rung it up as a credit card purchase.  Several times it didn't go through until I took the card and tried to put it through on my end.

I mention that the credit card isn't going through and asked if they had another one.  The wife looked at me and half yelled, "They're food stamps, handsomehunk!"

I never put it together.  They were wearing REALLY nice clothes, shoes, accessories, the works...  It looked exactly like a credit card, and no body had ever explained to me that Food Stamps were not really stamps anymore.

Back then I had a horrendous habit of blurting out stuff before thinking.  I said, "Those things are real?"  The Manager had come over at that point, and sorted it all out.  But she was a coward and didn't fire me on the spot.  After a weak of about half my usual hours at the ABSOLUTE worst times, I took the hint and left on my own.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 09:24:05 PM »
First job was in high school, at the local airport, as a line-boy.. towin planes, positioning them in the hangar.. fuelling, occasionally washing them... all for the love of getting my pilots license... pretty much didnt see a pay-check, sicne i spent 99% of it on lessons towards my PPL, and later in my sneior year summer, my instrument rating.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 09:25:17 PM »
My first job was as a cashier at a large-chain grocery store.  I knew I probably wasn't going to make it long on that one when I accidentally insulted someone.

A very well to do asian looking family comes in.  I check through about 150 dollars worth of groceries.  They pull out a credit card (looking item), and start trying to put it through.  I rung it up as a credit card purchase.  Several times it didn't go through until I took the card and tried to put it through on my end.

I mention that the credit card isn't going through and asked if they had another one.  The wife looked at me and half yelled, "They're food stamps, handsome!"

I never put it together.  They were wearing REALLY nice clothes, shoes, accessories, the works...  It looked exactly like a credit card, and no body had ever explained to me that Food Stamps were not really stamps anymore.

Back then I had a horrendous habit of blurting out stuff before thinking.  I said, "Those things are real?"  The Manager had come over at that point, and sorted it all out.  But she was a coward and didn't fire me on the spot.  After a weak of about half my usual hours at the ABSOLUTE worst times, I took the hint and left on my own.

haha, what people say are true, I'm Asian too, but I don't care what they say, cheap, having no social life, bad English accent, gook, geek, you name it, but I don't care. Just wait 'till i grow up and make billions.  :D

PS. I'm Vietnamese by the way..

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp