Author Topic: H2H  (Read 1297 times)

Offline 1epic1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: H2H
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 09:25:09 PM »
You have to buy that game in the store. HTC does not sell a boxed product, they provide it for free. America's Army is also a marketing tool for the US Military not a "for profit" commercial enterprise like HTC. In essence every US tax payer is subsidizing America's Army.

Look at the facts, AA is free to download

Offline raider6969

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2008, 09:43:27 PM »
The reason you see everyone posting their little smileys is because they don't know any better. No one here has experienced the INTERNET and all it offers. You are stuck in your little MA world and you'll be in that hole until you die, giving your money like slaves to a worthless company.

There are many more games in this new internet world that are free and available to the public. Why don't you search a little instead of spamming this thread?

Punkbuster is continuously updating their software to make it better. Every time hackers find a new way to bypass their software, they quickly follow with an update to fix it! Why bust on Punkbuster, is the current anti-cheat for Aces High any better...hmm...oh wait they don't have one.

The only reason AH can't reopen H2H is because they know it will damage their reputation even more. They already try their best to get all the hackers off the MA. The only reason this works is because the MA is subscription-based and people don't want to get busted hacking. All it takes is someone seeing you hacking to get busted. However, little do you people know that since AH has no anti-cheat, there are many people that hack in the MA, but in a smaller scale as to not have it be obvious.
The H2H is not subscription based, thus any person can enter and do whatever they want.

I hope some of you LEARNED something from my post today. Thanks.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 09:57:05 PM »
Maybe it's a good judge of character? :rofl

:devil

Wtf...?  :huh
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 09:57:11 PM »

Look at the facts, AA is free to download

It wasn't originally free...You had to buy it, only after it became a big hit did the US Army make it free.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:27:51 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 09:58:07 PM »
Wtf...?  :huh

He doesn't think too highly of you.
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 09:58:49 PM »
giving your money like slaves to a worthless company.

It's a worthless company in your opinion yet you write two paragraphs on why it should offer its product to you for free? Yea, I definitely learned something, you're a complete moron...;)
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 10:01:21 PM »
Nice Zazen :salute

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 10:02:18 PM »
Is all the H2H really a game issue or a $ issue.  Seems to me that everyone who asks for H2H back is just too cheap to pay.  They want somthing for nothing.

Just out of curiosity, what other online games offer a free download and free online play?

I'd say the answer to your question is NO.

wrngway

i know of at least one.. but out of courtesy i won't name it, other than to say it involves ww2 ships in a mid-90s gfx environment...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 10:04:58 PM »
I find PunkBuster to be the most tempermental and irritating programme for games ever.  I play Battlefield 2 (well, try to play it) and find that I get booted from almost every online game I join, and I am not a hacker or a cheater.
<S>
Yossarian

yeah, you're just a plain ole punk.    :noid
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2008, 10:20:32 PM »
The reason you see everyone posting their little smileys is because they don't know any better. No one here has experienced the INTERNET and all it offers. You are stuck in your little MA world and you'll be in that hole until you die, giving your money like slaves to a worthless company.

There are many more games in this new internet world that are free and available to the public. Why don't you search a little instead of spamming this thread?

Punkbuster is continuously updating their software to make it better. Every time hackers find a new way to bypass their software, they quickly follow with an update to fix it! Why bust on Punkbuster, is the current anti-cheat for Aces High any better...hmm...oh wait they don't have one.

The only reason AH can't reopen H2H is because they know it will damage their reputation even more. They already try their best to get all the hackers off the MA. The only reason this works is because the MA is subscription-based and people don't want to get busted hacking. All it takes is someone seeing you hacking to get busted. However, little do you people know that since AH has no anti-cheat, there are many people that hack in the MA, but in a smaller scale as to not have it be obvious.
The H2H is not subscription based, thus any person can enter and do whatever they want.

Online poker isnt as fun as this....WHAT would be the point of all the development of a game such as this without charging for it? Capitalism eludes you
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 10:29:45 PM »

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2008, 10:30:41 PM »
I used to play H2H for no reason other than I didn't like the arena setups provided by HTC at the time.  It had nothing to do with the subscription fees and everything to do with wanting to set up an arena for the kind of gameplay I was looking for.

It would be nice to see H2H enabled for paying subscribers.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2008, 10:50:53 PM »
I personally loved H2H. Without having the H2H when I first started id be no where as close the playing level I have achieved. H2H was like elementary school; a good bases for development and understanding of the game.

Plus it was fun to go beat up on some noobs every once in a while when the MA was pissing me off.

I guess that's what the new DA is for now ;)
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2008, 11:05:49 PM »
spewing dribble

Bye

Dont get bellybutton prints on the door
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »
I wish they'd bring H2H back, pay or not, just to get rid of some of the rif raf in the ma
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME