Author Topic: The mighty TIGER, or not so much?  (Read 7682 times)

Offline FireDragon

• Zinc Member
Re: The mighty TIGER, or not so much?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 02:37:48 PM »
While i have no idea of the historical aspects of the tiger tank out side of the the game.......in game>>>>>.... The Tiger has always in my opinion been easy to kill with a Panzer. One shot kills have always been common.   I always though it actually got harder to kill a Tiger when they changed the ballistics of the ammo...<<<< I think balistics is the right word here >>>>> It was around the same time we got the High velocity rounds for the T34.  

there are very few situations that make the tiger worth tanking out of the hanger.. None of them work for my style of play...

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 02:50:07 PM »
I GV alot and its a joke when a puney little 250lb or even a 500lb bomb hits 50  to 100yards away from my tank, however i seem to end up in the tower.A bomb hitting open ground that far away wouldnt do much to an armored vehicle other than cover the tank with dirt , scratch the paint and possibly give the folks inside a headache. When i drop a bomb directly on a tank from an aircraft i get "invalid component" whats whith that. Much work still needs to be done.IMHO
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:12:20 PM by smokey23 »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 03:07:08 PM »
You realize at 3,400 yards you're shooting at a target that is over 2 miles away, right?

Where did you go to school?  :huh
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 03:11:08 PM »
Quote from: FireDragon link=topic=245540.msg3003046#msg3003046 date=121995226 
there are very few situations that make the tiger worth tanking out of the hanger...
[/quote

So wouldn't it make sense to even the playing field point wise tween firefly and tiger ?

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
Where did you go to school?  :huh
Whoops, almost 2 miles. For some reason I was thinking it was 1680 yards instead of 1760 yards.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 03:39:21 PM »
i think tiger is underpowered....  i was in a tiger one time, was head to head with a sherman... i shot him in the turret.... he takes the hit.. then he shoots me one time in front.... and im dead..

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 05:06:09 PM »
They should lower the perkie cost of the current tiger, or perhaps replace it with the King Tiger at its current perk cost.  Or the Panther, either works for me  :aok
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 05:44:15 PM »
Whoops, almost 2 miles. For some reason I was thinking it was 1680 yards instead of 1760 yards.

1.93 miles, close enough. :noid
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »
Yeah it's bomb proof alright. I've dropped a full load of lancs (salvo 14) onto a tiger after it taking 2 DIRECT hits from 2 1K bombs. It still kept driving. I took a Tiger up to kill it then, and got bombed by a 190A8 with a 500kg bomb, 1K bomb basically. I don't get it, do some people just get a bugged tiger? Other times I've hit a tiger with a 500lb bomb and killed it.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 06:02:46 PM »
Yeah it's bomb proof alright. I've dropped a full load of lancs (salvo 14) onto a tiger after it taking 2 DIRECT hits from 2 1K bombs. It still kept driving. I took a Tiger up to kill it then, and got bombed by a 190A8 with a 500kg bomb, 1K bomb basically. I don't get it, do some people just get a bugged tiger? Other times I've hit a tiger with a 500lb bomb and killed it.
  Hmm you could spit on my tiger these days and kill it!

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »

I know how ya feel man.... I've seen some bizarre things happen on the GV scene...
Doesn't seem to be any consistency to it... VERY ODD....
Thats why there are so many accusations of cheating in game... Certain players sure
seem to get that "indestructable bug" often... Isn't always a Tiger either....
I just don't get it....

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline FireDragon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »
[quote author=FireDragon link=topic=245540.msg3003046#msg3003046 date=121995226 
there are very few situations that make the tiger worth tanking out of the hanger...

So wouldn't it make sense to even the playing field point wise tween firefly and tiger ?

Were in violent agreement Shreck....Based on my style of play the tiger is not worth taking out of the hanger for FREE...

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Rounds bouncing off M3s
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »
I think the game has no "shell passed through target and did no serious damage" visual effect so it uses the "shell bounced off and did no serious damage" visual effect instead.  Example: I hit an M3 at close range with T34 HVAP but I lead him a bit too much and the shell hit the drivers outside window post.  In real life it would have passed right through it but done little damage (except scaring the poop out of the driver).  The game probably has no visual effect for this so it gives the "bounced off" visual effect instead.  (Yes I know I should have been using HE not HVAP.)

(The "hit the side and/or rear of the Sherman with Tiger and got no damage" sounds odd though.)

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 09:07:18 PM »
The Gv model along with other things has had major problems for many years. HTC is like a teenager with a car, he puts cool rims, Rockin stereo,  paint on it but doesnt maintain whats under the hood. lame but thats the way it is. The Tiger isnt worth the big diff in perks. Its still my fav ride.

KAM

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »
I'm not really up on history when it comes to tank performance
Well, there is your problem right there.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."