Author Topic: The Media and Sarah Palin  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Media and Sarah Palin
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 11:07:59 AM »
How about if the state spends $XXXX per year to educate a child then the parents can get vouchers for that amount if they choose to educate their child elsewhere? The state is willing to spend that much to educate a child; as long as the parents choose an accredited method or institution why shouldn't they receive an equal amount?

Why shouldn't home schooled kids get money from the state for education? The state mandates that all kids be educated, right?

Still, if there were no tax levied against parents that home or alternate schooled their kids, that would work too. Eventually the loss of revenue would force the state to change their non-performing schools systems. :)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »
 Judging from all the over-board howling attacks and foaming at the mouth about Palin in the blogosphere, she must be affecting the progressives in some fundemental way.  I've never seen this before...  this is a very interesting election year.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 11:25:46 AM »
Judging from all the over-board howling attacks and foaming at the mouth about Palin in the blogosphere, she must be affecting the progressives in some fundemental way.  I've never seen this before...  this is a very interesting election year.

Exactly. ;)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 11:34:48 AM »
yup... the folks that are not voting for her; who are not in her party; want her burned at a stake.

THAT is the most significant endorsement of the election.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 11:53:36 AM »

I'm beginning to think she was picked simply as bait to put the spotlight on some loonies and derail Obama's media train. It's certainly working out like that.

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 11:56:26 AM »
I said this ten minutes after she was announced as VP, they were going to
dissect her like a rat in science class.

Demodummies are looking for anything to smear her...most of these smears
are not about her at all.For example her daughter being pregnant, is this the
best smear they have?? Geezzz
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline iWalrus

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 01:04:17 PM »
I said this ten minutes after she was announced as VP, they were going to
dissect her like a rat in science class.

Demodummies are looking for anything to smear her...most of these smears
are not about her at all.For example her daughter being pregnant, is this the
best smear they have?? Geezzz

Wow you figured that out? Geez, you must be Kreskin or something. Who knew the media would look into the life of someone who was trying to be Vice President of the United States. You think they'll do, like, a background check or something? You know, to see if she was maybe convicted of armed robbery or something?
That's all.

WalrusG

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 01:44:53 PM »
plenty of time left here.  I predict another bombshell lobbed towards Obama before November and a few lobbed towards Biden as well......

This stuff is SOP
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »
to me vouchers means that public schools get a certain amount of money to educate a kid then private schools and... parents who home school should get the same amount.   All kids in all the systems, be it public. private or home are tested to see if the taxpayers are getting their moneys worth and if the kid fails a basic learning test and is shown to have average or above intelligence... then that system.. does not get any money for that kid next year.

Of course.. if private schools got even half of what public schools got per kid..  the kids would all be rhodes scholars.

lazs

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 09:03:27 PM »

Of course.. if private schools got even half of what public schools got per kid..  the kids would all be rhodes scholars.

lazs

Klinton, being a rhodes scholar, kinda tarnishes the reputation of the award.

But; I get your point.

...and, I'm neither a gentleman or a scholar.

Gotta leave something for the grandkids to aspire to... ;)

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Casca

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 11:58:45 AM »
The MSM is flirting with a mainstream backlash.  They are going so over the top that it's becoming apparent to everyday Ernie.  By all means carry on.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/rasmussen/20080904/pl_rasmussen/palinmedia20080904;_ylt=AvU.bb3dYLG5zpYlPdRqnFph24cA

I'm Casca and I approved this message.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 12:08:33 PM »
Im not sure how dowding feels about the sun (as if that matters, much) but I enjoyed the write up nonetheless......

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/the_real_american_idol/article1640770.ece

Damn....Im am excited by all this woman represents!  Sorry to the liberal bloggers and other devil supporters, but she is plain hot!

Cant wait to see how this all pans out!
she's in the pocket, you should already know this, but I think maybe you just need to get laid. :aok
I mean when you're looking at Palin as "hot"..... :rofl.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 12:47:35 PM »
Once all the hullabaloo settles down, Palin's selection changes very little - to the far right, she's a gun owning, God fearing defender of their beloved 'traditional' American family values. But those people were never going to vote Dem anyway. She may rescue a few votes from independents and Libertarians though.

To the far left she's a typical right-wing religious fundamentalist nut-job who'd replace schools with bible classes and who's own family can't live up to the ridiculous moral standards she herself preaches to the rest of us. Those people were never going to vote GOP either. On the other hand, people in the middle ground who were maybe swaying towards McCain's more center-right politics might be pushed back towards Obama.

As I say little will change. Forget McCain, Palin and Biden -  in a week or two it'll all be back to where we were before the conventions: a decision to vote for, or against Barak Obama.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 12:53:07 PM »
I mean when you're looking at Palin as "hot"

She is easy on the eyes that's for sure. ;)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 01:00:15 PM »
To the far left she's a typical right-wing religious fundamentalist nut-job who'd replace schools with bible classes and who's own family can't live up to the ridiculous moral standards she herself preaches to the rest of us.
What's the tally on her family respecting what she and her husband preach?  Cause one child out of 5 is not that bad, especialy if it's just this one slip-up, and if the boy and girl both live married happily ever after.  Even more so if Obama was conceived out of marriage as seems to be the case.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you