Author Topic: The Media and Sarah Palin  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
The Media and Sarah Palin
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:45:41 PM »
Im not sure how dowding feels about the sun (as if that matters, much) but I enjoyed the write up nonetheless......

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/the_real_american_idol/article1640770.ece

Damn....Im am excited by all this woman represents!  Sorry to the liberal bloggers and other devil supporters, but she is plain hot!

Cant wait to see how this all pans out!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Media and Sarah Palin
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:50:13 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn7UzxXv8p4

"Your hittin pretty close to dead center"

Damn, my hero!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 12:23:49 AM »
At ten Sarah bagged her first rabbit and she would join Chuck on 3am moose hunts before school

now that is a new twist too the 3 am phone call!!
 she is already locked and loaded, jackrabbits or bad guy's what are we hunting today :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 07:40:31 AM »
Uh oh..She supports Intelligent Design being taught in schools.

"..and now kids,after biology class get ready for your creationism studies...

..after chemistry,get your books out for the Alchemy class...

..right after your astronomy period,there will be a pop quiz in astrology.."

Ok,she wants equal time in class for creationism...how about equal time for the teaching of evolution in Sunday school?..or else you lose your tax exempt status?
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline iWalrus

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 07:49:13 AM »
I'm right there with her on creationism being covered in schools. As long as ALL creation myths are given equal attention, that is. Yes, even that Islamic one. And only in religion (not science) class.
That's all.

WalrusG

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 07:52:46 AM »

Ok,she wants equal time in class for creationism...how about equal time for the teaching of evolution in Sunday school?..or else you lose your tax exempt status?

FWIW, I'm against government teaching anyone.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 08:01:13 AM »

She wants parents to decide what their children are taught, not the state.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 08:07:09 AM »
I bet she is for vouchers... that would really have the teachers union toady democrats foaming at the mouth.

lazs

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 09:21:55 AM »
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122039719000892745.html?mod=opinion_main_review_and_outlooks

"Bad, bad, bad, media -- tsk, tsk, tsk -- rants" don't go far with me.  Just not something that works me into a tizzy.

In the AM with coffee and cigs, I surf the news online.  The opening quotes of the WSJ essay captures what the newsies put up front on their websites.  Not the exact words, names, and faces, but the gist is the same.

Part of the reason is it gives them something to do.  Though McCain picking Palin is a big deal even so.  And the reaction from lefties gives the newsies something to go on about. Making a mountain out of a mole hill type of thing.  Maybe they're making a bigger mountain out of a big mountain etc.  That sort of thing.

Anyway, I liked the essay because the author started out by showing some things reporters are saying and writing.  Granted the WSJ is righty.  Doesn't invalidate the evidence.

What do you think about the author's claims: 4th estate wants to be part of the vetting process and they're chapped bit time.  Palin endangers entrenched power.  Palin is the more authentic "change" candidate.   

And the conclusion: if they lose, Palin will be a big time GOP'er in the future.  Lastly, the GOP won't allow Dem attacks to go unanswered.

A busy 60 days ahead??

Offline Mojava

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 09:26:02 AM »
 I am  interested in hearing her speak tonight.  I'm also looking forward to the debate between her and Joe.

September 26, 2008: Presidential debate with domestic policy focus, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
October 2, 2008: Vice Presidential debate, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
October 7, 2008: Presidential debate in a town hall format, Belmont University, Nashville, TN
October 15, 2008:Presidential debate with foreign policy focus, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 09:29:26 AM »
I bet she is for vouchers... that would really have the teachers union toady democrats foaming at the mouth.

I have seen where she does support them.  Bout time someone at national level supported them.  My parents busted their butts with two and three jobs to put my sister and I through private school.  Why shouldn't the parents have a say in where their tax dollars are going for their own children?  Dems have beatent the dead horse of public school system to death.  It is a failure and throwing more money at it is NOT the solution.
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 09:39:11 AM »
I am  interested in hearing her speak tonight.  I'm also looking forward to the debate between her and Joe.

same here.  I think she is gonna kick his butt.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline iWalrus

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 10:38:07 AM »
She wants parents to decide what their children are taught, not the state.

That's what home schooling is for.
That's all.

WalrusG

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 10:43:19 AM »
That's what vouchers are for.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline iWalrus

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 11:03:25 AM »
How about just no educational tax for families of children that are home schooled or are in private schools?
That's all.

WalrusG