Author Topic: The Media and Sarah Palin  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Media and Sarah Palin
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008, 08:35:30 PM »
I still don't see quotes of me attacking, and attacking, and attacking palen.  Did you get lost?

Yup.

I humbly apologize. I had my 'Das Muppets' confused. While I was trying to figure out how to go about getting my hoof outta my mouth I ran across this post:

I dont like McCain, Can't stand Hillary, not a big fan of O'bama, but I do like Biden actually.  The Dems are about as smart as a decorative yard rock, they just sit there and act like their looks will get them elected.  The Hillary thingy has totally ruined this convention for them, and serves them right in my opinion.  I don't want someone elected just because their the new flavor on the ice cream truck, I want them to have good beliefs and ideas(have yet to hear a description on anything O'bama believes, and disagree with McCain on plenty of his ideas). 
So for many of us this election year is a no win situation. :(

Well said. And again my apologies... damn muppets. ;)

<S!>

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008, 08:37:07 PM »
Yup.

I humbly apologize. I had my 'Das Muppets' confused. While I was trying to figure out how to go about getting my hoof outta my mouth I ran across this post:

Well said. And again my apologies... damn muppets. ;)

<S!>

:salute

PS   I hate lobbyists also!  :devil
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:38:38 PM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 10:10:59 PM »
BS

1998 was not a presidential election campaign year, and "for the most part" does not mean always

Thanks, I was busy watching McCain's speech.  :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008, 10:23:47 PM »
Palin accepted the job because she thinks she can do it....Obama even came out agaisnt the slamming of that 17 year  old as did Biden....but don't let your GODS words sway you this time....your like therest of the left wing loonies...blood in the water...kill the kid and feed her to us.

Obama called for his own party and his campaign staff to leave her alone, why can't you Crockett? Truth is, you don't want to actually look at what each person in this Presidential race stands for so much as you want to dig up dirt, real or perceived, on Governor Palin.

As we each take our walk through life, we all have successes, but we also make mistakes. What is far more important than the mistakes themselves, is how we respond to those mistakes. In this particular case, this young lady has responded to her mistake by choosing to marry the young man that is the father of her baby. While I do not condone the premarital sex that lead to this mistake I do applaud her for her response to that mistake. She could have chosen abortion and killed that unborn child, instead she has accepted responsibility for her actions and is preparing to raise that child with it's father.  :rock
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2008, 10:30:59 PM »
lol you miss all the right wing conservative attacks on Obama? It's pretty much the same thing just Palin is the target now..

Yeah, two wrongs definitely make a right.  Let's keep the mud slinging at full blast, something good's got to come out of it!
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2008, 01:25:44 AM »
Obama called for his own party and his campaign staff to leave her alone, why can't you Crockett? Truth is, you don't want to actually look at what each person in this Presidential race stands for so much as you want to dig up dirt, real or perceived, on Governor Palin.

As we each take our walk through life, we all have successes, but we also make mistakes. What is far more important than the mistakes themselves, is how we respond to those mistakes. In this particular case, this young lady has responded to her mistake by choosing to marry the young man that is the father of her baby. While I do not condone the premarital sex that lead to this mistake I do applaud her for her response to that mistake. She could have chosen abortion and killed that unborn child, instead she has accepted responsibility for her actions and is preparing to raise that child with it's father.  :rock

Elfie - in general I agree with you. It would be a real temptation for her to take the 'easy' way out and abort so fair play to her for accepting the consequences of her actions and trying to do the right thing.

The one thing that would concern me though is whether the only reason the two kids are getting married is the child. If, as in my own parents case, an unplanned child has simply hastened them towards marriage then great, but if they had no plans or desires to get married then - for me - its better to have a child with unmarried parents then raise a child in an unhappy marriage. Both parents can contribute to the child's upbringing without being married. If, at some point in the future, they decided to get married, great, but I'd hate to think they were being pressured in to it.

Of course, we do not know, nor do we have any right to know, what the truth is.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2008, 01:48:07 AM »
Elfie - in general I agree with you. It would be a real temptation for her to take the 'easy' way out and abort so fair play to her for accepting the consequences of her actions and trying to do the right thing.

The one thing that would concern me though is whether the only reason the two kids are getting married is the child. If, as in my own parents case, an unplanned child has simply hastened them towards marriage then great, but if they had no plans or desires to get married then - for me - its better to have a child with unmarried parents then raise a child in an unhappy marriage. Both parents can contribute to the child's upbringing without being married. If, at some point in the future, they decided to get married, great, but I'd hate to think they were being pressured in to it.

wow, can we say breath of fresh honesty?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2008, 05:26:05 AM »
Today Chuck’s pick-up truck has a bumper sticker reading “Vegetarian — Old Indian Word For Bad Hunter”.

:lol

:rofl :rofl Yeah I read that.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2008, 06:01:00 AM »

There is a link I posted in another thread that deals with this. Her boyfriends mother had stated there was no pressure to get married, they were already planning on doing so. However, that is the only information I have seen on that issue. The kids and the Palins (parents) are keeping quiet. I have no problem with that, because as you said, we have no right to know.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2008, 06:14:18 AM »
wow, can we say breath of fresh honesty?

To that, yes.  :aok

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2008, 07:52:12 AM »
To that, yes.  :aok
you are very smaht :aok

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2008, 08:03:06 AM »
wooley.. people get married for a lot of reasons including deep "love"..  it doesn't always work out when it starts with the best of reasons and it doesn't always go bad when it is for the worst of reasons... in general.. with a 50% or higher divorce rate..  I would say the reasons rarely matter.

as for why crock-it going all soundbite mad dog/attack dog on palin even tho his messiah has called for his "people to stop"

The messiah absolutely knows that the media and drones like crock-it are in his pocket and will do all the work for him while he can sit back and pretend to be sensitive and PC.

Typical liberal crap.   They love everyone and are sensitive to everyones feelings..  so long as you agree with them..

That is what "bringing us together" under a blue country means...   if coming togehter means I have to be anything like them (and it does to them)  then...   we are gonna have to have a brawl.

lazs

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2008, 08:21:21 AM »
If Osamabama just had one white glove and could moonwalk he would be much more believable.
How in the hell can someone look at this cat and listen to the nothingness that comes from that pie hole and say to themselves...."Yep, he`s the one I want for the president of my country"?
Flatliners. Gotta love em.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2008, 08:37:56 AM »
jackal.. one of my exes new husbands gave the guy money..  he is a retired white guy who has been in a public utility union job all his life and actually wept at osamabamas speech..  he is a total bore to be around and everyone avoids him at any function I have been where he and I are at.

It is amazing to watch the guy.. he had no depth at all.. weeping is not depth in my opinion... watching the golf channel is not depth.   Talking to him you realize that he has never really given anything any real thought.   He says computers are not toys.. they are to do your finances on and read newspapers.

he bought a new car after running the last one..  a silver honda.. for a couple hundred thousand miles.. he bought a silver honda.    The comment on my Healey was that it will be nice once I "restore" it.. the comment on my el camino was.. "it is very loud isn't it?"

lazs

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2008, 09:23:19 AM »

Because I'm not in his party or on his campaign staff, I'm a registared independant but I'll more than likely vote for Obama.. You guys have non stop bashed Obama on this board for months on top of months.. To the point even people not involved in the political debates were calling it the "Obama Club". Yet now you guys can't seem to take the same bashing to your own candidate.

It's either.. oh.. hands off cause she's a woman.. or hands off because McCain's a war hero.. Well guess what you guys have dished it out for months doing everything from claiming Obama isn't a citizen to calling him a Muslim terrorist. Like they say if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.
"strafing"