Author Topic: Palin Speaks!  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
Re: Palin Speaks!
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2008, 12:03:34 AM »
Sorry Stang, I was asking from a parent's perspective. I'd never expose my child to a 90db+ environment. But then, I'm not using my child as a free ride to the White House. Priorities, I guess.

Nice...keep making that up.

I've been to packed football games with my grandson.  That stadium was less than half full.  Try again.  They wanted to show a family's support for their wife and mother.  Don't trash talk like the rest of the left.  I'm sure the children's hearing will be fine.

But if that's all the ammo you have, keep shooting  :lol
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2008, 12:08:08 AM »
If she's ad-libing at this level, what is she going to do at an important weapons negotiation?

Now that is just one hell of a stretch.  Put yourself in her situation, imagine the pressure of a make or break appearance.  You either nail this or you don't.  You help McCain to win or doom.  Nevermind the future of your own political career.  Everyone is counting on you, holding their collective breath... and you have the coolness, guts and sense of perfect timing to drop a line like that? 

I don't care who you are, you gotta tip your hat to the coolness shown in that situation.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2008, 12:08:08 AM »
It may be pathetic and sexist, but what will Putin think of her?  We all know how enlightened the rest of the world is. I'm sure they will be sure to pull her chair out and tip their hats when she sits at the negotiating table.

Wake up and welcome to 2008. She ain't Maggie Thatcher.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline ElGuapo1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yoursheephaverugburns
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2008, 12:08:45 AM »
RPM needs a clue...anyone...anyone at all :rofl

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2008, 12:10:36 AM »
Nice...keep making that up.

I've been to packed football games with my grandson.  That stadium was less than half full.  Try again.  They wanted to show a family's support for their wife and mother.  Don't trash talk like the rest of the left.  I'm sure the children's hearing will be fine.

But if that's all the ammo you have, keep shooting  :lol

...So, you went to a football game during your election campaign? Did you win the election...?

To be fair, watching a football game isn't the same as running in a campaign for national office. Using your family as political tools to try to get elected from sympathy rather than on your actual ability is what the game is here.

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2008, 12:11:07 AM »
After the speech on CNN they gave a rebuttal from the office of Harry Reid.  He said something in the line that "It was a shrill speech ..............same as Bush...........blah blah blah,  but the female reporters at CNN about blew a head gasket.  Shrill in the fact that a female gave the speech.  They better watch how they attack her, it will blow up in their face.

You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2008, 12:11:15 AM »

She ain't Maggie Thatcher.

yup. that haq wuz ugly.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2008, 12:14:12 AM »
It may be pathetic and sexist, but what will Putin think of her?  We all know how enlightened the rest of the world is. I'm sure they will be sure to pull her chair out and tip their hats when she sits at the negotiating table.

LoL.  Keep it up genius.  The Hillary supporters will love that argument.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2008, 12:15:25 AM »
RPM needs a clue...anyone...anyone at all :rofl
Umm yeah, I got a clue from the last election. The status quo ain't gonna cut it.
I'll think I'll take my lead from the Marines in Task Force Tarawa that couldn't figure out WTF we are doing after being sent into battle with ever changing ROE.

You got something against The Marines?

BTW, I could give a rat's bellybutton about the Hillary supporters.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2008, 12:16:17 AM »
Sorry Stang, I was asking from a parent's perspective. I'd never expose my child to a 90db+ environment. But then, I'm not using my child as a free ride to the White House. Priorities, I guess.

Problem solved
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2008, 12:16:25 AM »
If she's ad-libing at this level, what is she going to do at an important weapons negotiation?

I could live with someone like Gingrich, Liberman or Romney. Palin just does not have the chops to play at this level.

Flashing yer tits will not get you a treaty with the Russkies.

You can't possibly be serious on this.  I would WANT a politician who can think quickly on their feet and not have to rely on a pre-prepared anything.

Obama himself is a great example of this, on a teleprompter he can give an incredible speech.  Have him give an answer on the spot about anything is darn near impossible.

and yes the teets comment was sexist.  You have made up your mind already playing the role of "undecided" or "watch and see"  It was a great speech, and I think many Americans now want a
Palin-McCain ticket.
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2008, 12:17:01 AM »
So he speaks in deep thoughts and she speaks in sound bites. Yeah, that's what I'm looking for.
Obama has a tendency to express himself in complex ways when simple answers would more quickly and adequately get the point
across.  I view people who communicate like that as being self absorbed in their own intellectual prowess and I rapidly lose interest in listening to them, but thats just me.  

When McCain and Obama interviewed with Rick Warren Obama did tend to over express himself and at times appeared to become lost in his own thoughts.  
McCain on the other hand talked in a straightforward manner and I felt connected his thoughts to the audience better.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2008, 12:17:59 AM »

There is one thing, RPM. She is only running for Vice-President. Putin will as likely as not have any direct dealings with her...It would all go straight to McCain. Actually, many things' will go straight to McCain. She won't be signing any vetoes, McCain will. The red direct line from Moscow to Washington D.C. would sit on McCains' desk, not Palin's. Look at what the past Vice President's of this country have done whilst in office. The most vocal and involved in my recent memory was Dick Cheney, and that was Mainly because he was in the press alot for his ties' to Halliburton, and evidently his inability to distinguish members of his own hunting party from that day's game hunted.

This chick's just an election stunt, nothing more.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2008, 12:24:17 AM »
No, Tap. You have made up your mind before she even spoke. You just want anything BUT a democrat. I on the otherhand want anything BUT the status quo.

We need a fresh perspective to focus on the real problems our nation faces, like Ron Paul.

I liked McCain back in 2000, but your idol said he was damaged goods from his time in Hanoi. You knbow, brain damaged from torture...unreliable. He should have been elected in 2000 and the Arabs would have never attacked us. Unfortunately that time has passed, we elected a fool and the ragheads got exactly what they wanted. Bozo in charge and personal freedoms quashed.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2008, 12:31:02 AM »
So far she gets points for having kids otw Iraq. That has to be a first for Republican politicians.

FYI McCains son has already been serving in the Marines in Iraq this year, and McCain has intentionally kept that quiet. (sorry, not reading through all the posts if this had already been addressed)