Author Topic: F6F Recall  (Read 4984 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: F6F Recall
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 06:58:57 AM »
 I tend to break the back end off the 190d & the B5n alot with the hard break & stop.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 07:01:21 AM »
I'd rather have the flight model accuarate and be able to see my six..more or less, well more than less.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline WarTooth

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 07:35:09 AM »
>> I just want the 6 view as bad as it used to be......I don't care if it's historically accurate.

I concur.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 07:49:40 AM »
Some of you guys seem to miss the point.

...AH is not about you getting to fly Wonder Womans invisible jet plane...its about recreating some WW2 birds.

Heh.  I like this.  I agree with it, too.

- oldman

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »

and if the cockpit is modelled after the real thing (which it is), then there is nothing to complain about.

So the old one wasn't?  :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2008, 09:25:57 AM »
I started flying the F6 last camp as my main ride and really loved it.  I don't care for the new model and yes it is based on the rear view more than anything.  I have no problem if they want to do it modeled as realistic as possible, but then model the other planes the same way.  It's not so much the rear view has changed, but the ability to alter the view by moving forward and up in the cockpit is not allowed now, It is a bit frustrating to lose the view in a plane you are enjoying flying, and then jump in another bird which historically probably had just as bad of a rear view but the game gives you the ability to "move" better in that cockpit to facilitate a better rear view.  Just my opinion
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 09:30:29 AM »
Meh.

I love it. 

The thing's a friggin' monster, able to do anything you ask of it, and the small price you pay is not being able to see behind you....just like the real thing :)

Great SA builder.  Reminds me of the old wb 2.0 hellcat. 
"You rebel scum"

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 10:34:11 AM »
LOL   :D

From the original post...

Uh.. you might try reducing speed, dropping a couple notches of flaps and flatten out your glide path a bit before you make contact with the runway.  :cool:

And attempting carrier landings on a paved runway will result in the same effect, there are not any arrester cables on this kind of runway.

I have not had any issues like this with the new F6. In fact I have found a quite increased performance all around in this aircraft. I like it.  :cool:

Overall I have found an increase in performance of the entire game since this update. Not sure exactly what HTC did but I am very thankful.  :aok

Later,
KayBay
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2008, 11:18:18 AM »
  It's not so much the rear view has changed, but the ability to alter the view by moving forward and up in the cockpit is not allowed now,

It is a bit frustrating to lose the view in a plane you are enjoying flying, and then jump in another bird which historically probably had just as bad of a rear view but the game gives you the ability to "move" better in that cockpit to facilitate a better rear view.  Just my opinion

MANY of us AH'ers appreciate the update greatly  :aok  but as you've read, View sounds like the biggest complaint and it seems, with a little number shifting could easily be corrected.
 What do you HTC guys think? Is it worth your time

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2008, 11:53:02 AM »

MANY of us AH'ers appreciate the update greatly  :aok  but as you've read, View sounds like the biggest complaint and it seems, with a little number shifting could easily be corrected.
 What do you HTC guys think? Is it worth your time

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I don't appreciate the updates and the game in general.  To be honest since I have been playing AH (and it has not been so long) the F6F is the first plane I found that made me feel like I love playing this game and that I stand a chance of landing when I take off.  To suddenly lose your rear view is not something I am in love with.
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2008, 01:34:07 PM »
So wait a second... you cant "move your head" and save views in the new Hellcat?

Is that what Im reading?

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »
So wait a second... you cant "move your head" and save views in the new Hellcat?

Is that what Im reading?

I'm not sure, but there is something odd going on, because my views from the old model seem to have been saved, and work, in the new model (based on the gunsight being higher than normal).

That never worked before with other models...  I recall I always had to redo the views for them after they were updated.

Maybe something is up?
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2008, 01:41:41 PM »
Try it out. Head movement is limited severely.

I also felt like roll was reduced, and the overall plane performance was very sluggish. I asked somebody online who was flying one if it felt sluggish, and he seemed surprised and said "You know what? It DOES feel sluggish!"

Not sure if it's "right" or not, as-is.

Offline Alpha81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2008, 04:26:13 PM »
Love the New Hellcat!  Outstanding work  :aok
"it's a fire mister, and every fire is dangerous"

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2008, 07:57:21 PM »
Try it out. Head movement is limited severely.

I also felt like roll was reduced, and the overall plane performance was very sluggish. I asked somebody online who was flying one if it felt sluggish, and he seemed surprised and said "You know what? It DOES feel sluggish!"

Not sure if it's "right" or not, as-is.

I use the F6 alot and to me it seems more responsive.  Seems to turn better than before and no problem with rolling scissors.  Would take on a zero and feel confident until I lost sight of him.  Just can't get me head around the side enough.

PS.  my views were saved from the previous F6 and as much as I've tried I just can't improve upon it.