Author Topic: F6F Recall  (Read 4985 times)

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
Re: F6F Recall
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2008, 11:58:16 PM »
I demand someone post a screenshot.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2008, 11:59:48 PM »
i pretty much hate to say this, but.....i don't think i'll be in my hellkitty for awhile. it's more like a kitten waiting to be stepped on. can't see watermelon out the back, and it feels VERY fragile now. i got barley tagged by a 38, and my entire right wing vsanished. never had a 38 do that before.
 the side views, the 1/4 views, and all of the rear views are porked. it pretty much sucks now.

guess i'm back to bein a spit dweeb.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2008, 12:04:13 AM »
I LOVE THE NEW F6F!

sorry if I was ""screaming""

Great work on the new model
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2008, 12:05:14 AM »
From a squaddie:

Deal with it!

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2008, 12:07:07 AM »
I use the F6 alot and to me it seems more responsive.  Seems to turn better than before and no problem with rolling scissors.  Would take on a zero and feel confident until I lost sight of him.  Just can't get me head around the side enough.

PS.  my views were saved from the previous F6 and as much as I've tried I just can't improve upon it.

I very much agree with you.  It is smooooooooth :)

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2008, 01:07:52 AM »
Cry, cry, my gentle snowflakes...

...It's such a shame that you can't have your way all the time. No, really, it is. "I'd love it if we could have an accurate flight model, but an invisible body when looking behind so I can see everything" isn't very far from "I'd love it if we could have an accurate flight model, but give us deployable turbofans for when we need to escape that bastard who's on our six that we can't seem to ever shake for the life of us". Do you think it was easy, nee possible, for pilots in Hellcats to see what was going on directly behind them? No way in hell. Why should it be any different here? Quite a few of you complain about there not being enough "realism", and then you turn 360 degrees and cry about some things not being easy enough.

You wanna play on easy mode? Go play Il-2 or CFS. Get real or get out, and get over yourselves.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2008, 03:42:49 AM »
I know you CM guys are all for it but your out #ed big time in the main.  Lots of negative talk on F6F-5 tonight. You have to remember most people don't post here on the BB, but lots look. 50 posts and 1305 views so far.

Some of the comments made tonight were:

Can't wait to see some stupid Bast up in one ...which was the worst to hear. Maybe just drunk talk.

I'll in on every one I see.

Going to be easy kills... that one sucked

Was one of the best all a rounders now bottom of my list    :(  :(

Hitech porked the F4U-c and now broke the F6.....I know the f4u-c was king for a long time and has been neutered since but it's still a good plane IMO..don't fly it to much tho.

My comment tonight was... I still fly it, I still get kills but man does it suck. Maybe hitech will fix it or expand head movement to where it was.

In the short term, dealing with it will be one thing but others will just move on to better planes keeping an eye out for them because they're at an even bigger disadvantage. I used to get ganged hard in them before, probably because they know most come up heavy from a CV. IMO, It just joined the ranks of the p47 in targets you'll choose to in on before others for an easier kill.

Before I get hammered on that last statement, I know most feel that way about the p47 and I know not all p47 pilots are easy kills.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2008, 03:46:41 AM »
F6F isn't broke, it's historically correct whiners. Couldn't say it any better than what Fruda said.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2008, 04:07:00 AM »
Realistically, the best rear views i can get unlike ratfinks squadie that made it look worse.

No side views and less rear and upper view.

Historically this is what it may or may not have been like but for sure it was faster and turned better in real life according to the stats.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2008, 04:16:15 AM »
Dont fly straight and level for more then 20 seconds... EVER!

Land in three point stance.

Problem solved.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2008, 04:57:45 AM »
I wish HT would remove the Linda Blair views all together.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2008, 07:21:46 AM »
Cry, cry, my gentle snowflakes...

...It's such a shame that you can't have your way all the time. No, really, it is. "I'd love it if we could have an accurate flight model, but an invisible body when looking behind so I can see everything" isn't very far from "I'd love it if we could have an accurate flight model, but give us deployable turbofans for when we need to escape that bastard who's on our six that we can't seem to ever shake for the life of us". Do you think it was easy, nee possible, for pilots in Hellcats to see what was going on directly behind them? No way in hell. Why should it be any different here? Quite a few of you complain about there not being enough "realism", and then you turn 360 degrees and cry about some things not being easy enough.

You wanna play on easy mode? Go play Il-2 or CFS. Get real or get out, and get over yourselves.
because this is a GAME you asssshole, not r/l
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2008, 07:42:59 AM »

MANY of us AH'ers appreciate the update greatly  :aok  but as you've read, View sounds like the biggest complaint and it seems, with a little number shifting could easily be corrected.
 What do you HTC guys think? Is it worth your time

yeah HTC, while your at it, do a little number shifting on the rest of the planes too why stop with the f6f when we can manipulate all of the cartoon planes and take over the world :devil

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2008, 07:45:26 AM »

yeah HTC, while your at it, do a little number shifting on the rest of the planes too why stop with the f6f when we can manipulate all of the cartoon planes and take over the world :devil

If we are going to start number shifting, start with changing how a Spitty can shoot down 24's so easily,,,, thats a start.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2008, 07:52:37 AM »
Stop whineing. You guys asked for the F6F to get fixed, now it is fixed historically even with the bad Six view now You're STILL complaining to turn it back into it's broken stage? Go fly some other plane if you can't handle the new view.

Do what i do, when we do F6F runs, fly with a WINGMAN. It's more of a teamwork oriented plane now anyhow so suck it up and stop crying like 3 year olds who's mother took your favorite toy for being bad.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer