Author Topic: Top ranked player, No Class  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Top ranked player, No Class
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »
Obie... reporting someone for constant PMing you with negative verbage is not childish. The person PMing you is the childish one. <S>
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »
I don't wanna hijack this thread, but let me point out the opposite, too...

Yesterday my wingman and I tangled with a Niki and a 109K-4. Inevitably, we got split up, with me on the 109 and my wingman on the Niki. That 109 and I went round and round for nearly 10 minutes, neither could get a great shooting position on the other (I was in a Spit 16). Eventually, I ran out of fuel (burned all 75% over the base in defense), and he got me. Turns out it was Bruv...

I was so damn proud of myself that I was able to stay alive for that long, and I tuned to him to thank him for a great fight. Nice guy, no attitude whatsoever. I gotta say that in the 4 months that I've been playing this game, that is one of the most memorable moments I've had.

Not all the top-ranked players are idiots, and not all top-ranked players use Temps and -1Cs to hunt Spit Is to pad their scores.

~S~

JH
Skunkworks AvA Researcher and
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 11:01:54 AM »
Yea herne you hung the 16 up very well,  I was trying to get a decent rope on you but you just came up a little too far everytime. 

I was low on 30mm before we engaged as I had 6 kills already.   Others would have ran off happy but I'm a perfectionist and thought i'd see if I could get one more.  Blew the 30 mm on some shots, I hardly ever fly the thing thats my excuse (insert schlowys comments  :lol)! 

When I saw you ran out of fuel I thought I'd better finish you with MG's before the friendlies started licking their lips.

:salute

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 11:01:59 AM »
Dont worry give him a few more months to get it out of his sytem and you will see bruv slide down the ranks and up the DA hierachy :D

edit: speak of the devil and he shows up infront of you!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Phil

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 11:23:10 AM »
Thanks again guys !

The culprit hasn't stepped forward and that's ok...
SHUFFLER you were the other P38 during the engagements. You did very well Sir !
Couldn't commit to either one of you  :mad: You guys had the momentum and timing was perfect !

Darn that P38J can bite you in the butt ! :mad: Speed lots of speed !
My poor Spit9 is soooo fragile and intimidated when ALL THOSE ROUNDS coming at me ! :(

SHUFFLER was present when the smack comment was thrown at me....
Not gonna mention any names and NOT ALL TOP RANK are disrespectable !
Many of them are top notch and I salute them for their good work and assistance !!!!

Phil / OPP7755

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 11:40:26 AM »
I R TEH 38J DWEEB
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Skoal77

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 11:50:17 AM »
I've been playing this game off and on for a looooong time. And it's always been this way.

I'd rather be a "2-weeker" or "Newb" than be a "Rank flying Altitude queen". Most newbs and 2-weekers are stoked and excited, and are more fun to fly with.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »
Most newbs and 2-weekers are stoked and excited, and are more fun to fly with.

They make better bait too!  :devil

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 12:09:39 PM »
Well this post reflects very badly on me. I just ranked as the #1 player in MW. In fact I've been in that position for just about the whole month.

I didn't get it by cheating or using a second acct. to vulch myself on
I never PM anyone and especially would never use it give someone a hard time
I don't talk smack except to the above mentioned because it should not be tolerated.
I never fly a 38
I am always willing to help and do just that where ever I am whether MW, LW, DA or BB
I don't like taking undefended bases, whats the sense unless your practicing.
I like fighting hordes that do and why I switch to the lowest #'ed Side every time I log on
I NEVER Bail from a fight unless missing a wing, tail or part of head
During 1 vs. 1 and no one else around i always ask if you want me to buzz him or not

and I am not a score ho, score just happens when you fly and drive everything fairly decent. Flying just one plane and in only one way is no fun. If you limit yourself your cheating yourself.

HOW I score well.

I fly mostly to bust up hordes in MW, which means lots of targets
Almost always take ord for dar, ammo, troops,whatever it takes to slow the horde down.
I killed lots of bombers, fighters, cruisers and damaged plenty of CV's

You do not have to hit strat targets to get a good bombing score. You just have to hit a few buildings, towns work just fine. I'm not a big bomber guy so those scores usually stay high after i fly a couple sorties through out the month. I fly a single B-24 or lanc with 6-2000 pound bombs and usually always hit my targets.

Gv a few towns and take some buildings out.  Anytime you capture a field in a GV or goon your score goes through the roof. You only need to want to help capture a base and only need a few each month. Fighting undefended bases sucks but does happen in MW, do what ya want.
Anytime you hit a CV group with a PT boat rocket your GV score goes through the roof.

Most of all make sure you allocate your planes properly.

Don't fly around with bombs in fighter mode if your going to hit town buildings, Gv hangers, Cv's ect.
Look for large concentrations of RED and go kill them in fighter mode. Kill as many as you can in any mode for that matter. NEVER float to the ground and crash after losing a wing, Bail Out!

Run out of ammo, ditch and re-up with a new plane as fast as you can because they are otw to kill you and your base, your out #'d and are going to need some alt. You earn more points for landing kills but sometimes it just takes to darn long.... and they are OTW!

Thats about it. Anyone with some skill can rank high and you don't even have to try that hard. It happens all on it's own if you allocate your planes properly, no how to kill and do your best to avoid dieing.

best of luck :aok, go get e'm  and  :salute

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 12:16:32 PM »
and I am not a score ho,

Uhhh yes, you are.. no offense.  As an example doing the following:   

Run out of ammo, ditch and re-up with a new plane as fast as you can
is done in an effort to manipulate K/T and it's Score HO'ing.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 12:25:33 PM »
Who was the P-38J driver?  No offense to him but if he can't shoot down a Spitfire doing flat turns, the P-38 driver isn't all that good.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 12:30:21 PM »
I think it all depends on what you're trying to do Steve.  Sometimes in MW if you are trying to defend a base with few people, it is quicker to ditch and then get a new plane rather than flying back and trying to land with 2 - 3 cons on your 6.  I do it a lot instead of landing kills like everyone tells me, but look at my score, it's not that great (which I do die a lot too).

And sorry again about last night AKAK, I had been looking for a fight all night long and saw the chance. :salute
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 12:36:47 PM »

I suppose that could be true but if you look at my score I'm usually in attack mode so whats the difference. I just want to get up and prepare for them before they get to me. I forget to switch out of attack all the time and thats why i like it there. guess that makes me a score ho but it's an unavoidable part of the game. Score is there to gauge someones progress and view.

I'm sure by the time i get home later there will plenty of guys giving me unwarranted flack. I'm not the best pilot and by far cocky. I just fly everything decent enough to really enjoy the game and have fun, thats it.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 12:44:48 PM »
Really... Everything I said makes me a score HO because i am conscious of the fact that it exists and use everything I said to keep it low.

Ya got me ... or did i get myself :rofl

use the information wisely or it will ruin your game. The less attn. you give it the better. Just allocate your planes properly, avoid deaths and rank will happen all on it's own.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 01:45:37 PM »
Shuffler and most of the other 38 sticks I have come across in the Mid war are excellent and I have never seen any 'attitudes' from them. As others have said score means nothing, but I have found most at the top are at least above average pilots. The best sticks tend to not worry about their scores.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure