Author Topic: VP Title Bout  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
Re: VP Title Bout
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2008, 04:41:15 PM »
Well, if he/she is, it certainly explains why today's youngsters cannot think for themselves, or hold onto a job, nor take responsibilty for their actions.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »
Well, if he/she is, it certainly explains why today's youngsters cannot think for themselves, or hold onto a job, nor take responsibilty for their actions.

Funny, all along I've considered that my responsibility as a parent!  And take any of today's youngsters failures as DIRECTLY attributable to their parents.

Always looking to blame someone else it seems.....

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2008, 05:24:12 PM »
I'm not blaming anyone, Stringer. I'm pointing out that a public educator (if it is true) is acting, and posting, in a very unprofessional manner.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2008, 05:27:57 PM »
seems that many on the left don't want their politicians or other public servants practicing or acknowledging any religion. How about we apply the same to teachers in regards to politics? Public funded teachers are no longer allowed to have political opinions.  :aok
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2008, 05:57:17 PM »
Just for the record, Stringer, parent to parent, have you (or did you) raise a special needs child who suffered from ODD?

I've always accepted my responsibilities and actions as a parent and I know from experience how the public education system can easily write off a single child and I combated that system all throughout my child's schooling.

My post wasn't about personal issues, but rather, a query about a public official making inane posts. If you wish to make this personal, and wish to discuss my personal virtues as a parent, or, ODD and the Public Education System, then make a separate thread.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »
So civility is somehow compromised by asking substantive follow-ups that don't let any candidate get away with totally evasive question answering?

The entire point of a debate is to make a point, not to make complete circles around the subject matter. I though I could see civility being important, but to this extent, it has become a nuisance to deal with, much like telling the"truth". They might as well talk in a coffee shop then, if they lower the point of a debate. I rather have cut throat talkers relay well backed info and truly accepting and countering the message.

(*thinks of Wylie Coyote and Road Runner*switch to situation now.)
Did your parents just type that?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2008, 06:48:57 PM »
Never said there wasn't pain....so don't put words in my mouth. I held my moms hand when she took her last breath after caring for her for 16 months. 3-5 trips to the doctors every week. Lifting her in and out of bed. Don't come telling me about loss.

I said I didn't think it was real. It's my opinion. I'm sure the man feels pain and has times when he feels very very low about it. But on a national stage , in the most important debate he's been in...it was a golden lob shot she hit at him and he did his best to hit a smash back at her with the tears.

The pain of losing a spouse fades over the years, losing a child, not so much. I have no doubt he still feels genuine pain. Whether he brought it forth as manipulation may be in question but I think his expression was relevant to his point.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2008, 06:56:26 PM »
Just for the record, Stringer, parent to parent, have you (or did you) raise a special needs child who suffered from ODD?

I've always accepted my responsibilities and actions as a parent and I know from experience how the public education system can easily write off a single child and I combated that system all throughout my child's schooling.

My post wasn't about personal issues, but rather, a query about a public official making inane posts. If you wish to make this personal, and wish to discuss my personal virtues as a parent, or, ODD and the Public Education System, then make a separate thread.

Your post stands above and you did make a general statement.  I can requote it for you , if you like.

I called you on it.  Now you're trying to define it a little more...fine.  BTW...you're the one taking it personal.....and who seems to have made it personal with regards to SkyRock...Maybe you should have taken it to another thread to begin with...hmmm?

Yes, I have a child that requires extra work and attention, and has been diagnosed with a disorder as well.

Maybe we're lucky...Our public school system here and their teachers work really hard with the kids and their parents.  Our school system also works hard at mainstreaming kids with issues or disabilities, which actually helps all the children, IMO.  

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:06:44 PM by Stringer »

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »
Stringer,
It's really irrelevant where one person or another works during the daytime ~ and how or where they choose to post.   And it's a little Charlie-Gibson-staring-down-the-nose as well. Are you concerned that he's not capable of separating one from another and teaching your child in the manner that he's popping stuff off on here? 

His remarks here (no matter how RIDICULOUS they may be) shouldn't necessarily be used as a gauge to determine if he's teaching the children in his class in that same manner... or likewise "writing them off."

Your post was actually about personal issues, in conflict with what you claim right up there^^^^.

SR, you're still a liberal twit. :)

*edit* "public official???"  WTF... SR, if you're running for an office, I ain't voting for you.  But post away.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:32:27 PM by texasmom »
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2008, 07:41:10 PM »
She's not qualified, and shes not well educated on the important topics.   :aok
Sounds about like Obama.  But just like Obama, once either ticket makes it they'll be able to seek advice & guidance from those who know better than they do.  One difference here, though, is the Obama's supposed to be in the drivers seat, and Palin's just in the passenger seat. 

Sorry, TwentyFo, that meager resume you posted of Obamas is worthless.  I've got no confidence that he'll do anything noteworthy if he's elected.

If that happens it will, however, provide opportunity to say some of the best four words in the English language:

"I TOLD YOU SO."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:43:12 PM by texasmom »
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »
Sounds about like Obama.  But just like Obama, once either ticket makes it they'll be able to seek advice & guidance from those who know better than they do.  One difference here, though, is the Obama's supposed to be in the drivers seat, and Palin's just in the passenger seat. 

Sorry, TwentyFo, that meager resume you posted of Obamas is worthless.  I've got no confidence that he'll do anything noteworthy if he's elected.

If that happens it will, however, provide opportunity to say some of the best four words in the English language:

"I TOLD YOU SO."

Good point Mom....

I was told once by a manager in the IT department where I have been for 17 years now , when I asked him if he could IPL the mainframe.....his answer was....

"No...but then again I don't have to know...but I better DAMN sure have the people around me that CAN and understand what they're doing when they do it."
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »
Texasmom,
Not sure what you mean with your where someone works during the daytime...I don't think I made any reference about that.

And I didn't start the post about personal issues...that was Patches..he asked me a question and I answered it.  You sure you don't mean to address your post to him and not me?

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2008, 08:11:07 PM »
poor old skyrock has simply gone bananas.  Its called O'Club syndrome and it typically afflicts people of good intentions but having a discernible lack of common sense.  Hence the childish anti social behavior where everyone else is a "moron".

I think he will get over it, sort of like a coming of age, and old skyrock will be back in the O'Club again having fun.  If not, he will just quit and reappear shortly under some other identity, carrying on with the O'Club syndrome, trying to get even with all those "morons" and generally adding nothing of value to the community.

Like I said, I think he will improve.  DO IT FOR THE KIDS SKYROCK  :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2008, 08:15:11 PM »
poor old skyrock has simply gone bananas.  Its called O'Club syndrome and it typically afflicts people of good intentions but having a discernible lack of common sense.  Hence the childish anti social behavior where everyone else is a "moron".

I think he will get over it, sort of like a coming of age, and old skyrock will be back in the O'Club again having fun.  If not, he will just quit and reappear shortly under some other identity, carrying on with the O'Club syndrome, trying to get even with all those "morons" and generally adding nothing of value to the community.

Like I said, I think he will improve.  DO IT FOR THE KIDS SKYROCK  :aok

He's been that way for years, I don't foresee a change anytime soon.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH