Author Topic: VP Title Bout  (Read 3256 times)

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
Re: VP Title Bout
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2008, 12:29:32 PM »
I'm such an fluff'n moron.

Fixed!  :aok
"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2008, 12:30:25 PM »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2008, 12:31:15 PM »
Can't wait to hook up with my prison buddies!

"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2008, 12:35:58 PM »
I like sitting here ---------------> :aok
sicko!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2008, 12:37:39 PM »
I'm such a sicko! Can't you all see me desperate pleas for help?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »
SkyRock, if you don't love me I'm going to kill myself.
Wal-mart has shotguns on sale.

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2008, 12:40:03 PM »
Wal-mart has shotguns on sale. I may get one and solve my problem once and for.  I told you guys I need help!

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »
I wish, particularly when I'm aggravated, I had the tact and insight and the eloquence displayed so clearly here, and on my TV screen last night.

Never underestimate a competent female.

On that note, I'd like to see if you guys (and gal) think that this piece rings' true:

Why Some Women Hate Sarah Palin By BELINDA LUSCOMBE
Fri Oct 3, 5:55 AM ET

Some polls are suggesting that after gaining an initial bump, McCain's campaign is being hobbled by Sarah Palin's vice-presidential candidacy. The voters who are deserting her fastest, some of whom are even calling on her to withdraw, are mostly women.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ah, women, the consistently, tragically underestimated constituency. What the Democrats learned during the primaries and the Republicans might now be finding out the hard way, I learned at my very academic, well-regarded all-girls high school: that is never to discount the ability of women to open a robust, committed, well-thought-out vat of hatred for another girl.

Women are weapons-grade haters. Hillary Clinton knows it. Palin knows it too. When women get their hate on, they don't just dislike, or find disfavor with, or sort of not really appreciate. They loathe - deeply, richly, sustainingly. I do not say this to disparage my gender; women also love in more or less the same way.

When men disagree, the steps to resolution are reasonably clear and unsophisticated. Acts of physical violence are visited upon one another's person or property, and the whole thing blows over. Women? Nu-unh. We savor the discord. We draw it out. We share our contempt with our friends, like a useful stock tip, or really good salsa. And then we all go hate together: a mutually encouraging group activity for when the book group gets quiet.

The hatred women have for Sarah Palin, and others had for Hillary before her, is not necessarily about politics. Anybody can run the numbers on how many people Palin's pro-life, pro-gun, socially conservative policies will seduce and how many they will alienate. Rather, the test that the McCain campaign failed to put her through was the Abbotsleigh Ladies College test. (Named after my high school. Go, green and gold!). It's a simple three-point pass-fail exam: Will the other girls like her?

Here's why Palin doesn't make the grade:

1. She's too pretty. This is very bad news. At school, pretty girls tend to be liked only by other pretty girls. The rest of us, whose looks hover somewhere around underwhelming, resent them and whisper archly of their "unearned attention." So, if everyone calls your candidate "hot," you're in a whole mess of trouble. If the Pakistani head-of-state more or less hits on her, well, yes, she'll get a sympathy vote, but we're in Dukakis-in-the-tank territory. It's an admiration vaporizer. (Of course a candidate can't be too ugly, or it will scare the men, who are clearly shallow as a gender.)

2. She's too confident. This also bodes ill. Women have self-esteem issues. But they also have other-women's-esteem issues. As almost any woman - from the head of the Budgerigar Breeders association to Queen Elizabeth - can attest, it's almost impossible to get confidence right. Too timid and you're a pushover. Too self-aggrandizing and you're a bad word unless it's about a dog, or Project Runway's Kenley. Or Michelle, my best friend until 9th grade, after she won that debating prize and got cocky.

3. She could embarrass us. History is not on Palin's side. Every time a woman gets a plum job, be she Hewlett-Packard's ex-boss, Carly Fiorina, or CBS's Katie Couric, there's always that whispery fear that people will think she got the job just because she's a woman. So if things don't go well - and a couple of YouTube clips have suggested that they're certainly not going well for Palin - women are the first to turn on her for making it harder for the rest of us to louse up at work.

The fact of the matter is once a female decides it's over with another female, it's like an end-stage marriage. No matter how seemingly benign, every attribute becomes an affront: the hair, the voice, the husband, the moose-shooting, the glasses, the big family, the making rape victims pay for their own rape test kits.

I know, I know. With all this extra baggage a female candidate has to bear, the chances of finding a woman whom other women won't hate seem skinnier than last year's jeans. But don't despair, if all else fails, we could just do what we always do and just vote in some guy. It's worked so well for us in the past.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20081003/us_time/whysomewomenhatesarahpalin;_ylt=Atn68jYEafAAmECHrbA5LypH2ocA

It just suddenly made me startingly realize that my wife seems' to be susceptible to this...especially when she and her friends (other moms) on my kids' football teams' talk about other women there, like the Official team mom, or something...

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2008, 12:59:50 PM »
Got home late after a 4 day trip, and had to watch the debate on Tivo.  Biden sure got a lot of stuff wrong.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2008, 02:21:48 PM »
FrodeMk3
sounds like a generalization of insecure women - lifetime members of NOW?
http://www.now.org/

odds are if they feel that way, they are obamaman supporters so all creditably stops there
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2008, 02:30:20 PM »
lol

In?
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2008, 03:18:36 PM »
Palin mentioned 2 words you will never hear from a democrat, Personal Responsibility. Those scored high with the polls.

What? That statement doesn't seem to have any basis in reality.

"An Unscripted Barack Obama Preaches Personal Responsibility In Texas"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mayhil...m_b_89127.html

Cincinatti Crowd applauds Obama's call for personal responsibility
http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...bama15.article

"Barack Obama is telling Black people when he says they need to take more “responsibility” for their lives."
http://revcom.us/a/138/CD_personal_r...bility-en.html

"And Democrats, we must also admit that fulfilling America's promise will require more than just money. It will require a renewed sense of responsibility from each of us to recover what John F. Kennedy called our "intellectual and moral strength." Yes, government must lead on energy independence, but each of us must do our part to make our homes and businesses more efficient. Yes, we must provide more ladders to success for young men who fall into lives of crime and despair. But we must also admit that programs alone can't replace parents; that government can't turn off the television and make a child do her homework; that fathers must take more responsibility for providing the love and guidance their children need." - Barack Obama, Democratic National Convention Pres. nomination acceptance speech

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »
you have never lost a child then... the pain never goes away

Never said there wasn't pain....so don't put words in my mouth. I held my moms hand when she took her last breath after caring for her for 16 months. 3-5 trips to the doctors every week. Lifting her in and out of bed. Don't come telling me about loss.

I said I didn't think it was real. It's my opinion. I'm sure the man feels pain and has times when he feels very very low about it. But on a national stage , in the most important debate he's been in...it was a golden lob shot she hit at him and he did his best to hit a smash back at her with the tears.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 04:28:36 PM by RedTop »
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2008, 04:37:15 PM »
Is SkyRock actually an educator by profession? I mean, a Teacher in the Public School System?
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2008, 04:37:53 PM »
Is SkyRock actually an educator by profession? I mean, a Teacher in the Public School System?

Scarey huh :eek:
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles