Author Topic: VP Title Bout  (Read 3203 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Re: VP Title Bout
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 09:39:32 PM »
Hangtime, vote for a Repub?

Mark the calendar!

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 09:42:43 PM »
has anybody been keeping track how often Palin has said "maverick" 

Yes the Mavrick thing was a bit much...but they both did good.

I like how Palin said  "we will see tomorrow if what you said is true" or something to that effect
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 09:44:53 PM »
Biden's needle just got stuck while he kept saying George Bush's.  Who's he running against again?
She politely called him out on that several times. Saying let's move forward or something like that. I think they both did well. However, the closing statement by Palin had me clapping in my living room. Just superb.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 09:48:54 PM »
Yeah, I think she did ok. I don't think she should have brought Joe's son into though. It kind of bored me really. But you know, I like the two of them better than the other two
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »
the liberal talking heads are calling it a decisive win for Biden.  Perhaps if you are a liberal.  The big question is "is america a liberal nation"  could be.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 09:51:28 PM »
There's no crying in debates with women, Joe.

Unless you happen to reference a dead wife and child.  What a stupid thing to say by you, Hang.  The guy lost a daughter and a wife.... and you give him crap about almost losing it.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 09:52:37 PM »
She took it to the people... I don't think the talking heads matter.  She is keeping McCain in the game.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 09:53:42 PM »
Unless you happen to reference a dead wife and child.  What a stupid thing to say by you, Hang.  The guy lost a daughter and a wife.... and you give him crap about almost losing it.

Give it a rest...its been years. I in no way thought it was real.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 09:55:21 PM »
I'd say Biden did a little bit better. OTOH, she did WAY better than what one would expect from watching her inteviews with the I'm-looking-down-my-nose-at-you TV anchors.

So Biden beat her in this debate but I think she improved her image somewhat.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 09:55:37 PM »
Hangtime, vote for a Repub?

Mark the calendar!

LOL! I said she won the debate.. not that I'd vote for the vacuous airhead's ticket. Of course, all she had to do to 'win' was not look like a vacuous airhead. However, I think she's a better choice than Obama for any job in Washington.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 09:57:30 PM »
She sucked. She was a robot who spouted bs that totally dodged all the questions. SHAME ON THAT MODERATOR FOR NOT CALLING HER OUT.

PALIN is a PUPPET.

Biden seemed very slicked up, doing better than OBAMA by far. I hate both parties, but Biden seemed at least with it.
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »
LOL moderator  "what is your achillies heel?"

Palin>.....   well I think my experience will be put to good use....I've done things with education, energy blah blah blah

QUESTION DODGER! QUESTION DODGER!

I'm calling shenanigans
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 10:01:43 PM »
I'd say Biden did a little bit better. OTOH, she did WAY better than what one would expect from watching her inteviews with the I'm-looking-down-my-nose-at-you TV anchors.

So Biden beat her in this debate but I think she improved her image somewhat.

I agree Toad.....I just thought of who'd I would have like McCain to pick...Elizabeth Dole.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 10:03:16 PM »
Give it a rest...its been years. I in no way thought it was real.

I guess, if that's the way you see it.  And I'm the one who people say is cold.  

Who gives a rat's bellybutton how long it's been...  The guy almost lost his entire family.  At any point in a man's life that would still hurt.... no matter who you are.  Your cynical athleticism aside... it's well know that Biden is emotional.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 10:05:01 PM »
I guess, if that's the way you see it.  And I'm the one who people say is cold.  

Who gives a rat's bellybutton how long it's been...  The guy almost lost his entire family.  At any point in a man's life that would still hurt.... no matter who you are.  Your cynical athleticism aside... it's well know that Biden is emotional.

as emotional as say... a woman?  hehehehhehe
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.