Author Topic: VP Title Bout  (Read 3204 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: VP Title Bout
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 10:05:21 PM »
Palin was a bit nervous at first but loosened up as the debate went on. Biden was more polished. I'd give it to Biden on style but it's never been about style for me, rather about substance. I have a hard time understanding how there can be so many undecideds.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 10:05:30 PM »
Oh and btw Palin is rather attractive. I just always imagine her with a south park esque flopping canadian head. :(
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 10:08:40 PM »
I think Biden won this one by a slight margin on his 25(?) years of experience as a US Senator. I also think Palin did VERY well for only being on the national stage for 5 weeks now.

Biden kept referencing Bush, I think that was a mistake on his part. I also think Palin's closing statement was better than Biden's.

All in all, a very good debate between these two and I'd have to say it was much better than the first presidential debate. They looked at each other more than Obama and McCain did.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 10:10:24 PM »
Certainly, Biden appeared more polished.  On the other hand, he had all those debates during his disastrous run for the democratic nomination in which to practice.  

Weren't his poll numbers back then in single digits?

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
I got a kick out of during the introductions....you heard her ask..."May I call you Joe?"...thought that was classy.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »
Honestly I feel like I'm watching a soccer mom arguing with a used car salesman.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »
Honestly I feel like I'm watching a soccer mom arguing with a used car salesman.

lol   :aok
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 10:21:03 PM »
 The VP debate will have very little effect on the race. However, here are some thoughts. Not original thoughts but thoughts on tonight's debate.

There were few surprises from Senator Biden. He showed he is a capable, experianced debater with a good command of the issues. He performed as we thought he would. There was little upside or downside for Biden, while for Palin this was all about validation. A Biden miscue and it might have been news for a few days. Whereas Governor Palin needed to save her reputation. And her performance may have slowed the downward slide that has been the McCain campaign for the last two weeks.
  Countering Biden's experiance with platitudes and general answers worked to her strengths. She couldn't compete with his experiance or his command of the world stage. She provided enough information show that she had at least, better than a working knowledge of the issues. The issues became more of a backdrop as this debate was more about John McCain's judgement and Sarah Palin's competence.
 Unless the Obama campaign does something stupid the McCain/Palin ticket will finish second in November and John McCain may retire but Sarah Palin may be on the national scene for quite awhile.
 This was a good debate. Actually better than last weeks.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 10:21:44 PM »

Dewd....it was a hockey mom vs a used car salesman, get it right man.  :rock

:devil
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 10:25:02 PM »
Dewd....it was a hockey mom vs a used car salesman, get it right man.  :rock

:devil

Probably not too many moose hunting soccer moms.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 10:26:43 PM »
The VP debate will have very little effect on the race. However, here are some thoughts. Not original thoughts but thoughts on tonight's debate.

There were few surprises from Senator Biden. He showed he is a capable, experianced debater with a good command of the issues. He performed as we thought he would. There was little upside or downside for Biden, while for Palin this was all about validation. A Biden miscue and it might have been news for a few days. Whereas Governor Palin needed to save her reputation. And her performance may have slowed the downward slide that has been the McCain campaign for the last two weeks.
  Countering Biden's experiance with platitudes and general answers worked to her strengths. She couldn't compete with his experiance or his command of the world stage. She provided enough information show that she had at least, better than a working knowledge of the issues. The issues became more of a backdrop as this debate was more about John McCain's judgement and Sarah Palin's competence.
 Unless the Obama campaign does something stupid the McCain/Palin ticket will finish second in November and John McCain may retire but Sarah Palin may be on the national scene for quite awhile.
 This was a good debate. Actually better than last weeks.

Dunno.. I saw her come back and hand him his head about the 'commanding general in Afghanistan..  says that surge tactics won't work'; LOL, she came back and de-constructed the statement in detail. Pretty impressive head popping and neck defecation, right there.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 10:31:15 PM »
So who had it right about General McKieman's comments on an Afghan surge?

U.S. general urges troop surge in Afghanistan
International Herald Tribune, The Associated PressPublished: October 1, 2008

'Surge' may not be enough in Afghanistan, commander says  CNN 1 Oct

Both were apparently right but this is piffle. Arguing over this is distraction.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 10:33:13 PM »
Dunno.. I saw her come back and hand him his head about the 'commanding general in Afghanistan..  says that surge tactics won't work'; LOL, she came back and de-constructed the statement in detail. Pretty impressive head popping and neck defecation, right there.

Probably about the only point she actually got specific on.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 10:34:22 PM »
She couldn't compete with his experiance or his command of the world stage
Biden has been utterly  WRONG about damn near EVERY foreign policy decision/opinion he's ever made/had, yet they never seem to mention that
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 10:35:22 PM »

Too bad she didn't know the general that she was citing.  Certainly was not McClellan, unless the Civil War is still on.  She may want to come out with "What I meant to say was....McKeirnan".
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce