Author Topic: VP Title Bout  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: VP Title Bout
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 10:38:18 PM »
Too bad she didn't know the general that she was citing.  Certainly was not McClellan, unless the Civil War is still on.  She may want to come out with "What I meant to say was....McKeirnan".

Minor gaffe on her part. Gotta remember, she has only had 5 weeks to get all this down and she's doing pretty darn good considering that fact. ;)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 10:38:24 PM »
Probably about the only point she actually got specific on.

Dude.. he was attempting to mislead the public.. and in HIS area of expertise, she corrected him and made the point he was WRONG in his statement, and ripped up his reasoning and position.

Jeeze.. what, she's got tits, so she's incompetent?  She didn't just 'win that point' it was a forehand smash he couldn't return.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 10:39:52 PM »
Dude.. he was attempting to mislead the public.. and in HIS area of expertise, she corrected him and made the point he was WRONG in his statement, and ripped up his reasoning and position.

Jeeze.. what, she's got tits, so she's incompetent?  She didn't just 'win that point' it was a forehand smash he couldn't return.

Nah, it was more like a cast iron skillet to the back of his head.  :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 10:48:41 PM »
"Too bad she didn't know the general that she was citing.  Certainly was not McClellan, unless the Civil War is still on.  She may want to come out with "What I meant to say was....McKeirnan".

They both had minor speaking glitches... nothing to write home about on either side... heck I didn't think any of them were notable gaffes
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2008, 10:56:49 PM »
I really liked the foremat of this debate.  It fostered civility, which was refreshing to see.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2008, 11:14:02 PM »
I really liked the foremat of this debate.  It fostered civility, which was refreshing to see.

So civility is somehow compromised by asking substantive follow-ups that don't let any candidate get away with totally evasive question answering?

The entire point of a debate is to make a point, not to make complete circles around the subject matter. I though I could see civility being important, but to this extent, it has become a nuisance to deal with, much like telling the"truth". They might as well talk in a coffee shop then, if they lower the point of a debate. I rather have cut throat talkers relay well backed info and truly accepting and countering the message.

(*thinks of Wylie Coyote and Road Runner*switch to situation now.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:19:37 PM by mg1942 »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 11:20:51 PM »
LOL moderator  "what is your achillies heel?"

Palin>.....   well I think my experience will be put to good use....I've done things with education, energy blah blah blah

QUESTION DODGER! QUESTION DODGER!

I'm calling shenanigans

When you grow up and go for a job interview you'd do well to answer exactly as she did when asked what is your weakness. Do you really want to tell someone why they shouldn't hire or vote for you?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 11:25:21 PM »
I'd say Biden did a little bit better. OTOH, she did WAY better than what one would expect from watching her inteviews with the I'm-looking-down-my-nose-at-you TV anchors.

So Biden beat her in this debate but I think she improved her image somewhat.
You almost quoted word for word what I heard on the way home listening to local radio.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2008, 12:13:58 AM »
Well... I thought the evening was a general FAIL on the part of Palin, Biden, and Ifil.

Ifil: No followup questions and no "hey wait a minute you didn't answer my question." Both candidates got away with going straight to their "flashcard answers" ....

Palin: Everytime she claimed McCain meant something different about "fundamentals of the economy" than what the phrase actually means -- I wanted to slap her. Otherwise, 90% of her talk was what I expected her to do: platitudes, mom, apple pie, and a bit of populism (get the greedy lenders.... um, banking scandals are not exactly off the rap sheet for Republicans?). Some points for complete sentences for a change.

Biden: Missed many opportunities he was so busy going for his own "flashcard answers". Far too sedate .... Palin spent more of the debate sounding passionate even when she wasn't actually saying anything..

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2008, 12:34:48 AM »
I only watched the first 30 min due to the playoffs, but I thought Palin keep dodging the questions, like when Biden was talking about deregulation's that McCain had pushed for, and how he wants to do it with the health care system, twice the moderator asked if she had a response to it and she dodged it.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2008, 01:08:45 AM »
My point exactly...she was like a lukewarm brick treading water in the deep end. People are all happy and shiz cause she didn't blow it? LOL FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

The Lovable Ole Maverick? What have you done?!

Do you think this woman could really fill Mac's shoes if he dies? * NO FN WAY.

* it's sad but it is a contingency. God Bless America

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:12:01 AM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2008, 01:17:59 AM »
When you grow up and go for a job interview you'd do well to answer exactly as she did when asked what is your weakness. Do you really want to tell someone why they shouldn't hire or vote for you?

I'm all grown up and have a job. I'd fabricate somethin at least like JB and his too much passion remarks.  :) . She dodged the question by not even responding to it. I'd be less apt to hire someone who was so lukewarm as to not even respond in the same hemisphere as to what I asked them.

sorry for the double post it's late LOL! Politics are so vile yet interesting....like watching a car wreck over and over again in slow mo.

looking more like Liberals are gonna get this one.

conservatives pray Bobby Gendal is the next RR :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:22:51 AM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2008, 01:52:19 AM »
I thought Biden's sob was fake.  I don't think he 'almost lost it'.  I think he almost 'pulled it off'.

Maybe I'm just a callous bastard, but it struck me as calculated.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2008, 02:02:28 AM »
I'm sorry for his loss that sucks man..... :frown:
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2008, 02:22:43 AM »
I thought Biden's sob was fake.  I don't think he 'almost lost it'.  I think he almost 'pulled it off'.

Maybe I'm just a callous bastard, but it struck me as calculated.
You're a callous bastard. You don't know his pain.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.