Author Topic: palin did great job  (Read 3636 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: palin did great job
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 07:55:13 AM »
She practices well, but she just can't overcome her moron tendacies.   :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 07:59:12 AM »
the media said biden won 51% to 49%, the callin people said palin won by 88%.    :D

Actually, Brokaw said "the Democrats are glad there is only one VP debate."
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 08:03:46 AM »
I am a big fan of Palin and sure.. she beat old slo joe..  no doubt on that...

The problem is that slo joe biden is probly about as tough to debate as skycrock...  To dumb and to flawed with a crummy record on voting and on gaffs.   

I think she did great for that kind of forum but any real DC slickster would have had slo joe crying by the end.

Still..  I think we are all tired of DC slickster tricksters...  Maybe we don't want America to look like chicago and DC and detroit.    I thought back when that it was the reason klinton won.

lazs

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 08:18:43 AM »
She practices well, but she just can't overcome her moron tendacies.   :aok

Not to be a spelling nazi or anything.....but its tendencies.   :devil
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 08:24:44 AM »
Palin did fine, I agree.  However, and contrary to expectations, the debate forum is less challenging on specifics than the 1 on 1 interviews that Palin so famously bombed.  Debates as they are allow the candidate to just drone on about their talking points, never bothering to answer the question, and both sides are guilty of that.  Biden was a little better in this respect, but that was expected from a man who's spent 20 years in the Senate.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Mojava

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 08:27:57 AM »
 Did Palin actually answer a question?  Biden was excellent, he answered the questions head on, and provided facts.  He clearly laid out there plans, providing statistical data. He proved himself as a great debate and a gentleman.  Big time Biden win!  :aok

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 08:31:10 AM »
Palin did fine, I agree.  However, and contrary to expectations, the debate forum is less challenging on specifics than the 1 on 1 interviews that Palin so famously bombed.  Debates as they are allow the candidate to just drone on about their talking points, never bothering to answer the question, and both sides are guilty of that.  Biden was a little better in this respect, but that was expected from a man who's spent 20 years in the Senate.

Yeah, I noticed that, every time she would be asked a question, the comeback would, "ok, but I want to talk about.." And then would ramble about something else. I think a good mod would have made them stick to the questions asked.

I think she got a free pass cause she's a woman, end the suffrage ya know
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 08:35:41 AM »
why do you hate women sixpence?

lazs

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 08:37:56 AM »
why do you hate women sixpence?

lazs

Not me, I bought a muffin to help raise money to fight breast cancer. Save the breasts! And end the suffrage!
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2008, 08:42:11 AM »
Not me, I bought a muffin to help raise money to fight breast cancer. Save the breasts! And end the suffrage!

Holy smokes!  Bought a muffin!
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2008, 08:48:28 AM »
Holy smokes!  Bought a muffin!

Hey man, that was a $5 muffin!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2008, 08:51:37 AM »
Palin is a moron :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2008, 09:00:35 AM »
"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline Niceguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2008, 09:01:13 AM »
Palin is a moron :aok

So far your arguments against Palin have been some what .....dare I say .....lacking substance. What offends you more...her dress or her having an "R" after her name?

Just curious because I haven't heard anything from you that comes close to being an intelligent argument against her.

Not meant as a slam but just an observation.

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2008, 09:02:19 AM »
So far your arguments against Palin have been some what .....dare I say .....lacking substance. What offends you more...her dress or her having an "R" after her name?

Just curious because I haven't heard anything from you that comes close to being an intelligent argument against her.

Not meant as a slam but just an observation.

And you won't!  :aok
"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)