Author Topic: The MA Mentality...  (Read 3067 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: The MA Mentality...
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 05:49:36 PM »
Finally occurred to me who this huckster is.

IF it is who I think it is, this is how they always fight in a duel.

If the agreed upon merge alt is say 6k, they will climb well above it and dive down right before you are in icon range.  They will then use this massive energy advantage to get above you on the merge.

Film the duel next time and check what their alt/speed is pre-merge.

ALWAYS do a hard cap pre-merge alt w/ this guy.  If merge is 6k, don't go over 6k pre-merge.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 05:54:39 PM »
If E fighting in your weakness in a 1 v 1 situation, you need to do every thing in your power to work on it. Like Stang said, once you equal out the E states, most cant fight there way out of a wet paper bag.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 06:01:10 PM »
 :rofl  Bosco that whole film cracks me up. The DA has turned into a sad place. And Musturd.....why's he running away in the dueling arena? :rofl
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 06:10:46 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 06:29:05 PM »
I had a long session with this Huckster last month, never met him under that name before and i couldnt care less about the name game so i didnt ask who he was. He flew really well, and beat me a few times from definite e disadvantage. Most notable was his use of optimum ratio sustained flat turns to escape a bad situtaion and win it back.Some of our fights went on for well over five minutes. I think you are mistake bosco.
 What really happened was you two had a standoff anfter disagreeing on how a duel should be fought, most of it coming from the fact you were pissed off that he didnt fly how you expected and you made a mess of it. You taking him seriously was his prompt to tease you more, you should have bit your tounge and said Good Kill before going back out there and doing the job right.
I believe your right, and I should have bit my tounge, having being sick and all this weekend didn't make things any better. Its just he definetly ranted after what I said, it was only to show him that "Hey, not all fights include using E for advantage." much like I did with dedalos.
I could be wrong with the whole Mustard thing, but the way he reacted to what I said made me totaly think that it was Mustard in the flesh. To be honest, he realy isn't that good, once you get him off his perch he falls easy as anything, I just think it was because I'm already sick, didn't make anything like that better.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 06:52:51 PM »
To be honest, he realy isn't that good,

Well he was good enough to beat you 1v1, with equal starting circumstances.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 06:59:57 PM »

easy now, Steve.......he was sick  :confused:.........took him 4 hours just to remember he was sick ........lets   :pray for him.....um'kay?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 07:14:21 PM »

IF it is who I think it is, this is how they always fight in a duel.

If the agreed upon merge alt is say 6k, they will climb well above it and dive down right before you are in icon range.  They will then use this massive energy advantage to get above you on the merge.

I've got films of '3k duels' where my crossing speed is 300mph and the other's is 450mph, it really doesnt bother me. If someone needs to do that to feel confident then surely it is a huge compliment to me.  Having E advantage wont win the fight unless you fail to notice in time a get sucked into a rope which no one worth their salt in dueling will fall for more than once. Huckster may or may not be who you think but what does it matter really? Personally i got on well with him and enjoyed the fights.
 If someone really bothers you...like my great freind Lengro said to me: "I just think of those type of guys as the AI with some challenge."

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 07:24:31 PM »
Pretty hard to loose a same plane duel where you manage to get an E advantage IMO, either through cheating or because the opponent blew their E. You have all day, you are not going to get bounced by interlopers.  You have a plane that turns just as well. No reason to do anything but manage throttle and reel in angles in once any sort of slight advantage is established. Definitely a wrong thing to do to break cap alt.

I trust running balls-to-the-wall at the specified alt and going for an E move if the opponent has been running a little over corner speed to get a really tight initial turn ISN'T considered cheating though.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 07:52:02 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 09:22:29 PM »
Again, only reason why he beat me was he used his E over me. When we got low and slow, as you can see in the film, he died just as easy as I did when it was 1v1.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 10:19:56 PM »
Again, only reason why he beat me was he used his E over me. When we got low and slow, as you can see in the film, he died just as easy as I did when it was 1v1.

you are missing the point. Using E is not outlawed or cheating. He beat you. For that fight, he was better than you.

Happens to me all the time.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 10:31:11 PM »
you are missing the point. Using E is not outlawed or cheating. He beat you. For that fight, he was better than you.

Happens to me all the time.

you are missing the point.  When the other guy grabs above the agreed upon merge alt out of icon range and comes in with 100-150kias speed advantage on the merge, they are not "better".
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 10:54:01 PM »
you are missing the point.  When the other guy grabs above the agreed upon merge alt out of icon range and comes in with 100-150kias speed advantage on the merge, they are not "better".

Was there proof that Huckster did this?  If so, that's pretty lame..

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2008, 11:44:15 PM »

Why don't you go ahead and point out to me where the OP states that Huckster did that?  Go ahead, point it out.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 12:04:52 AM »
calm down cartoon steve! just walk away  :P wheres scot12b frog with a cowboy hat thats fn funny :salute
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:09:08 AM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 12:29:24 AM »
Why don't you go ahead and point out to me where the OP states that Huckster did that?  Go ahead, point it out.

If Huckster is who I think they are, that is the ONLY way they fight in a duel.

If they are not who I am thinking of, then my apologies to huckster.

(but going by batfinks post, I am pretty sure I am correct)

(now you point out where in the OP it says he DIDN'T do what I said he did)
— George Patton