Author Topic: The MA Mentality...  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
The MA Mentality...
« on: October 26, 2008, 01:38:24 PM »
I have finally come up with something to use, with all these people who know how to fly, but don't use it properly. It became conclusive to me that this is what a "MA Mentality" really is, last night/ yesterday. I went into the arena, nothing new, then decided to go to the DA. I really wanted to get some warm up time, because I had KOTH later that evening. So I said on All channel, if there was anyone good out there to 1v1 me. A guy name Huckster said OK, I told him to wait for a little, because I was in Furball circle. I go on for another five minutes when, Huckster, kills me with a Temp. I thought, "No big deal" so he goes on all channel and he says, "You wanted to fight someone good? lol" kind of confused, I told him, "what are you talking about?" then he says, "I'll show you when we fight." So we go in Spit5s, something that I use alto in 1v1, because its a good plane. We merge on the deck, and in one turn, he immediately goes for the turn and rope. He doesn't kill me in a couple turns, until his E was too great for me, and couldn't handle what we were doing at his speed. So I called him out, "Nice rope pick 1v1" The rant began. He started calling me clueless and I had no idea what I was talking about, and stupid things like that. It somehow turns into an argument about BFMs..... what the hell is a BFM? after a long argument about this he finally tells me that you need Basic Flight Maneuvers in a 1v1. So now I'm totally astonished on how this kid could go around and tell me that you need "Basic" Maneuvers to kill someone 1v1. So I told him that is ACMs, that you need to learn, not BFMs. Then he begins telling me that I need to read a book, if I know how to, crap like that. So I let it go.

I got up in a Yak9T, something that I have never flown before, and I see a lone spixteen picking another guy in a spit. This spixteen kills the other spit and I got a quick snapshot off, but didn't hit him. He finally kills me, and again, its Huckster. So I up a spixteen, to go fin him. He kills this same guy from earlier and he got low and slow. He begins to run to catch his E, and we get nearly the same E, could be off by maybe 5mph or so. I begin fighting him and I continually gain the advantage, until I tear his wing off. He then rants about how there was 4 spit14s nearby; they were just coming off the Field! So he rants about this for as long as I'm there.

I go back to the MA after being AFK for a couple hours, and I was flying planes that I don't fly at all. I take up a KI-61 and fly that around the Rook/ Bish furball, I believe it was A8 and A9. A spixteen comes in and picks me, and low and behold its Huckster again. So he immediately comes on 200 saying, "LOL" After this I got a little tired of him and told him, "Nice pick in your spixteen." then he goes on and it comes back to ACMs/ BFM crap all over again.

I have finally come to the conclusion that there is some guys that know how to fight, but choose to be a tard, and use their, "MA" ability, to kill someone. After I fought Huckster, I fought Dedalos. All of the fights were great, none of them had to do with ropes or picks, they were straight up fights, and we had a lot of fun. I soon came to the conclusion that Huckster, was none other than Cmustard, one of the biggest tards in the game. His big mouth gave it away again.

I actually have a film of the fight that we had,my ownage, were he says that there was 4 spit14s over him. So there are just some people that carry the, "MA mentality" that I have discussed here. Those are the people that I choose not to fight anymore, people like Deadalos, and people like him, are the guys that I would much rather choose to fight.

Film:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tfenmnd1zdz
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:42:32 PM by Bosco123 »
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: The MA Mentality...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 01:52:13 PM »
How can you pick in a 1vs1? :huh
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »
He roped, then when I was slow he maintained his E and alt that he gain for the rope climb, he picked the crap outa me.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »
That's not picking.  What you described is your opponent out-flying you after a clean merge to gain an energy advantage, and then exploiting that advantage for a kill.

A pick is when you shoot someone already engaged with another bandit.  Everyone picks when they clear a friendly or a squadie.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 02:19:45 PM »
He roped, then when I was slow he maintained his E and alt that he gain for the rope climb, he picked the crap outa me.
Sorry boscoe, that is called losing your advantage. 1v1 ropes shouldn't be frowned upon, because in fact, you fell for it...

my .02
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 02:25:54 PM »
It sounds like he has read Shaws book on BFM ACM or that he comes from other flight sims too.

1v1 you cant get 'picked' and if you get 'picked' in the MA its from lack of SA or poor use of it. The 'MA Mentality' is that 'picking' is wrong and yet it is inevitable in 'MA' situations.

What you described as a '1v1 pick' is a pretty righteous kill and one of my favorites.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 02:36:43 PM »
Interesting.

:lol

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »
Bosco,
Huckster was giving you some good advice there.  BFM is 'Basic Fighter Maneuvers' and is fundamental to good ACM.  
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 03:03:42 PM »
He didn't pick you.  He just did the lame E merge that 99% of dolts use.  Whenever you duel someone new just make sure they don't have more E than you and you'll never lose.  Last time I fought Mustard he tried it and it was hillarious to watch as he had no counter becuase he couldn't get above me.  Was like watching a cat squirm as you hold it in the air by it's tail. 

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »
Yup yup.  Can't pick in a 1v1.  You fell for the most basic of moves and lost.  It's kind of lame, as Stang said, to go straight for a rope in a duel but you need to be prepared for it.  It's the simplest of moves.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 04:05:48 PM »
It sounds like he has read Shaws book on BFM ACM or that he comes from other flight sims too.

1v1 you cant get 'picked' and if you get 'picked' in the MA its from lack of SA or poor use of it. The 'MA Mentality' is that 'picking' is wrong and yet it is inevitable in 'MA' situations.

What you described as a '1v1 pick' is a pretty righteous kill and one of my favorites.

Getting picked in the MA doesn't mean you have bad SA, sorry but when people say that it's irritates me. There are lots of reasons you can get picked and having bad SA isn't the only reason. Sometimes you can just be out of E from fighting another con and if you are in a heavy plane it just might not move out of the way quick enough. You might be fighting a low con while two others BnZ you. Your plane might be missing parts that make it hard to dodge multiple cons. You might well see them coming but it's not always you are in a aircraft that's capable of getting out of the way, unless you fly a noobicane or a zeek all the time.

As a side note to the original poster.. I've seen others gripe about getting "roped" in a 1 vs 1 DA type fights. I've never understood that complaint. Not saying this other guy wasn't a tard, but if he managed to keep his E while you lost yours then that's a fair way to kill IMO. That's just part of E fighting, which means keeping your energy while draining the other guy of his so you can then have your way with him. It doesn't mean you have to be a BnZ tard, but I will by all means use my alt and energy to my advantage in any fight.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 04:09:31 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 05:00:22 PM »
Getting picked in the MA doesn't mean you have bad SA, sorry but when people say that it's irritates me. There are lots of reasons you can get picked and having bad SA isn't the only reason. You might be fighting a low con while two others BnZ you. 

If you engage into a low turn fight with 2 Bnzers around, that is a poor SA decision.  :)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »
I got away from the rope, and dived down. From there he didn't immeditely come down for me, thus, he had a higher E state and alt. advantage. He cam down for the first shot and I reversed him, again, he went back up I just could keep doing what he was doing.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 05:18:41 PM »
I had a long session with this Huckster last month, never met him under that name before and i couldnt care less about the name game so i didnt ask who he was. He flew really well, and beat me a few times from definite e disadvantage. Most notable was his use of optimum ratio sustained flat turns to escape a bad situtaion and win it back.Some of our fights went on for well over five minutes. I think you are mistake bosco.
 What really happened was you two had a standoff anfter disagreeing on how a duel should be fought, most of it coming from the fact you were pissed off that he didnt fly how you expected and you made a mess of it. You taking him seriously was his prompt to tease you more, you should have bit your tounge and said Good Kill before going back out there and doing the job right.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 05:41:35 PM »
uhh i'm late and after skimming this thread, sorry to say bosco... you're appearing more clueless than you yourself think huckster is.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798