Author Topic: Finally, something to whine about!  (Read 1894 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Finally, something to whine about!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 02:43:42 PM »
There were a ton of things the 109 could have done instead of being yellow.  Just because it's a spit16 doesn't mean it's uber and has to be run from.  The 109 pilot was probably a clueless "vet."

And just so i am clear, i agree with what stang and others have said and persoanlly i wouldnt dream of running from any encounter that had even a 1% chance of success. My only points are:

A) you dont know who was flying or what their ambitions were.

B) you were flying the ultimate easy mode plane.

C)You're being a hypocryte

D)this is not finally something worth whinning about, merly an everyday occurance in the Ma.

no offence intended.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 02:53:29 PM »

Later, I was chasing, and finally killed three Rook Lancs.  During this I had a G-14 about 2K back.  Everytime I killed a Lanc I'd pull up, roll over and make my next pass.  Each time I pulled up the G-14 would back off.  Finally, once all the Lancs were dead the G-14 engaged.  We went 1 1/2 turns before I acquired his six and he dove to his field ack.  As he did I pulled up and climbed to my cruising alt just above the cloud layer as I only had six cannon rounds left.  He climbed and followed outside of icon distance.  As I hit my dar ring I nosed into a steep, full throttle dive to base, hard slipped and belly landed just as the base ack started to fire at him.

This one makes little sense.  If I was in the G-drivers shoes, I would check6 the buffs and hang back (unless they asked for assistance....maybe the buff gunner even told him to stay away) so the buff gunner could shoot you in the face.  He deserves the kill because you jumped him (I doubt the buffs jumped you :D) .   Anyway, after the buffs went poof, the G-driver jumps in and ends up loosing the advantage, so to save his hide he runs for his field......then YOU run for YOUR field.  He was obviously chasing you because you had to "hard slip and belly land" to avoid him.  

Once he got you off with his ack, he leveled the playing field again and turned back for you.....and you ran and bellied in to get a quick tower....he could make the same "dweeb" accusations as you.
"Rotorhed"

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 02:54:09 PM »
And just so i am clear, i agree with what stang and others have said and persoanlly i wouldnt dream of running from any encounter that had even a 1% chance of success. My only points are:

A) you dont know who was flying or what their ambitions were.

B) you were flying the ultimate easy mode plane.

C)You're being a hypocryte

D)this is not finally something worth whinning about, merly an everyday occurance in the Ma.

no offence intended.

Agreed.
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 02:55:30 PM »
Get a grip sir, please. How long ago was it that you yourself were flying for score cards in a P51 or 190D and running when things looked ugly?

I don't think I've ever really done that to any extent unless I was already low on fuel, low on ammo or already shot up, in which case I wouldn't have initiated another engagement either.

H@ll, it took me years to get out of the habit of diving into me on 10+ odds alone.  It's only been within the past year or so that I broke myself of that habit.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 02:55:58 PM »
Why should BaldEagle have to switch planes to find a good fight?  Why can't it be the case of the other guy finding some balls and engaging instead of wussing out and not fighting because the other guy is flying a Spitfire Mk XVI?  I guess I just don't see it as a case of the problem being BaldEagle's because he's in a XVI but rather the case of the other player being too timid.

ack-ack
He doesn't.  Personally, I don't care what plane it is I go after it, perhaps that's why I lose a bunch.  That and this tour I generally have been flying crap planes.

For those who fly for score, they choose their battle carefully.  I don't understand it, but we all get our jollies our own way.  I think Pick51 and run90 pilots are the crap of the game, but they are happy.   :rolleyes:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »
Once he got you off with his ack, he leveled the playing field again and turned back for you.....and you ran and bellied in to get a quick tower....he could make the same "dweeb" accusations as you.

I never went near his ack.  As soon as he dove out I climbed to alt and headed home because, as i said, I was down to 6 cannon rounds left.

I hardly jumped the Lancs.  I chased them for almost three sectors having to first take off and climb to them as they passed over my field.  Then, before I even got into icon range they went into a dive to try to outrun me.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 03:09:16 PM »
Hypocrite?  Hardly.  I just don't make excuses for others' ineptitudes. 

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 03:10:40 PM »
I never went near his ack.  As soon as he dove out I climbed to alt and headed home because, as i said, I was down to 6 cannon rounds left.

I hardly jumped the Lancs.  I chased them for almost three sectors having to first take off and climb to them as they passed over my field.  Then, before I even got into icon range they went into a dive to try to outrun me.

Fair enough.  He lost advantage and you spent most of your ammo.  You both had reasons to head for safety.  At least he did turn back for you. :salute
"Rotorhed"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »
Hypocrite?  Hardly.  I just don't make excuses for others' ineptitudes. 

not you stang, you know i think youre still sexy. I see how your quote then my reply to BE are ambigous.

I don't think I've ever really done that to any extent unless I was already low on fuel, low on ammo or already shot up, in which case I wouldn't have initiated another engagement either.

H@ll, it took me years to get out of the habit of diving into me on 10+ odds alone.  It's only been within the past year or so that I broke myself of that habit.

Well i will take your word for it. I know that myself i have had countless times when i have cut my losses and dived for home in an attempt to avoid a pointless death. Most other times i have stayed in stupid odds and not worried about the inevitable death at the end.

I geuss i just matured past blaming other people for not flying how i want them to.

I mean come on, we ask for realism often, this very situation is about as realistic as one could get.

forgive my attitude, I must be feeling confrontational today.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:18:20 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DarkS1ar

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 03:30:43 PM »
All in all, getting back to the original point of the post, yeah good fights are hard to find these days   :frown:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:32:49 PM by DarkS1ar »
All you do is vulch & run
200 Impossible shot’s I’am sending this film to HTC (Spit 16 that lost a 4 v 1)
200 Is that all you can do is H O (P38 shot by my SBD)
200 Wow shoot me landing u **** bag of **** I had 6 kills
DarkStarJust lost 1 of my rockets vulching, you don’t hear me WHINE

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 03:38:24 PM »
You mean something like this (last tour):

AC      Kills in
A-20G      3
Bf 109E-4      1
Bf 109G-14      5
Bf 109G-2      2
Bf 109G-6      5
Bf 109K-4      3
Bf 110C-4b      1
Bf 110G-2      5
Boston III      1
Chute      1
F4F-4      4
F4U-1      6
F4U-1A      3
F4U-1C      7
F4U-4      5
F6F-5      13
FM2      3
Fw 190A-5      3
Fw 190A-8      4
Hurricane Mk IID      2
Il-2      4
Ki-61      4
Ki-84-Ia      7
M-16      1
M-3      2
M-8      3
Me 163B      4
Me 262      4
N1K2      6
Ostwind      5
P-38J      2
P-47-D11      6
P-47-D25      7
P-47-D40      2
P-51B      2
P-51D      4
Panzer IV H      13
PT Boat      2
Sherman VC      6
Ship Gunner      9
Spitfire Mk I      3
Spitfire Mk XVI      24
T-34/76      3
T-34/85      7
Tiger I      11
Typhoon IB      3
Wirbelwind      4
Yak-9T      2
Yak-9U      9

Is this typical for you or are you using a single anomaly to try to make a point?  No need to get worked up.  You were flying a trainer at 16k "buff hunting". It's not like you deserve a fair fight.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 03:56:21 PM »
Is this typical for you or are you using a single anomaly to try to make a point? 

Here's the tour before that one:

Bf 109E-4      1
Bf 109G-14      1
Bf 109G-2      1
Bf 109G-6      2
Bf 109K-4      7
C.205      5
F4F-4      1
F4U-1      1
F4U-1A      2
F4U-1D      1
F4U-4      1
F6F-5      20
FM2      1
Fw 190A-8      13
Fw 190D-9      2
Fw 190F-8      3
Hurricane Mk IID      1
Il-2      4
Ju 87D-3      3
Ki-84-Ia      2
La-5FN      2
La-7      1
M-3      1
M-8      1
N1K2      1
Ostwind      16
P-38J      2
P-47-D11      2
P-47-D25      1
P-47-D40      1
P-47N      2
P-51D      7
Panzer IV H      19
Sherman VC      35
Ship Gunner      3
Spitfire Mk IX      7
Spitfire Mk VIII      1
Spitfire Mk XVI      82
Ta 152H      3
Tempest      4
Tiger I      15
Typhoon IB      3
Wirbelwind      11
Yak-9T      2
Yak-9U      2

Not really an anomoly.  I fly everything pretty regularily.  About every three months I get around to every plane just to keep in touch with their capabilities but the Spit's always been my preferred ride (Since i started with AW in '96).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:58:06 PM by BaldEagl »

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »
Leave the D-9 out of this or I'd have to dust it off to bring the pain to you guys.

Acutally Saantana and I had some really good fight at TT yesterday. K4 vs Spit16, he knows who owns em spitty =p
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 04:00:32 PM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 04:05:26 PM »

Now usually, 109 sticks are pretty good.  N00bs don't usually fly K-4's and G-14's.  Either can E fight a Spit XVI.  I've done it and had it done to me.  I just had to comment because that was some of the lamest, most timid 109 flying I have ever seen

What were they thinking taking those planes up?  It certainly couldn't have been fun for them the way they flew.

The bish had a vehicle base behind our (nit) front lines. There was 1 green dot and a small red dar bar in the sector. It looked like the friendly was rtb-ing. So i fly over to see if i can help or just harass whomever is left.
It was indeed a buff formation and two cons were making passes at him.  The buffs are low so i have to burn off e and dive (not easy for my Ki-84). By the time i can engage, there is 1 buff left and i go after the p51b. i manage to get the better of him and he is trying to bug out when i spot a 109k4 coming in...

http://files.filefront.com/me+vs+baldeagleahf/;12095138;/fileinfo.html

Bldeagl, i'm sure you are better than me. I make no claims that i am good at all.  But you kept trying to rope me in this fight.  I would call it timid flying for someone with your skill.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 04:12:27 PM »
The bish had a vehicle base behind our (nit) front lines. There was 1 green dot and a small red dar bar in the sector. It looked like the friendly was rtb-ing. So i fly over to see if i can help or just harass whomever is left.
It was indeed a buff formation and two cons were making passes at him.  The buffs are low so i have to burn off e and dive (not easy for my Ki-84). By the time i can engage, there is 1 buff left and i go after the p51b. i manage to get the better of him and he is trying to bug out when i spot a 109k4 coming in...

http://files.filefront.com/me+vs+baldeagleahf/;12095138;/fileinfo.html

Bldeagl, i'm sure you are better than me. I make no claims that i am good at all.  But you kept trying to rope me in this fight.  I would call it timid flying for someone with your skill.

I'll have to check that out when I get home tonight.  Sounds like something I'd do.