Author Topic: Finally, something to whine about!  (Read 1892 times)

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Re: Finally, something to whine about!
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2008, 06:20:56 PM »
LOL a spit climbing to 30K... I woulda killed him at 19k
See Rule #6

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »
LOL a spit climbing to 30K... I woulda been killed at 19k and then PM'd the guy that killed me cussing him out

quote corrected for accuracy.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008, 06:34:37 PM »
quote corrected for accuracy.

ack-ack

:lol     :aok

The old deathx rant. Apparently, many have been entertained by it.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2008, 06:38:20 PM »
 :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »
I don't understand timid flying(I wish I did). I'm brave(dumb) and would have attacked the spit even without an advantage(and would have been beat down horribly).....I call it aggressive tactics(dumb flying). If I were an actual pilot fighting for my life I probably would spend most of my time running if I felt threatened without a wingman or a huge advantage, but this is just a game and while flying smart(boring climbs waiting for the proper window) is a better way of going about things....I just have too much fun flying how I fly(really really dumb...yet having fun). :salute

Lagger

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2008, 07:26:28 PM »
I don't understand timid flying(I wish I did). I'm brave(dumb) and would have attacked the spit even without an advantage(and would have been beat down horribly).....I call it aggressive tactics(dumb flying). If I were an actual pilot fighting for my life I probably would spend most of my time running if I felt threatened without a wingman or a huge advantage, but this is just a game and while flying smart(boring climbs waiting for the proper window) is a better way of going about things....I just have too much fun flying how I fly(really really dumb...yet having fun). :salute

Well said.  I'll drink to that!
"Rotorhed"

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2008, 07:28:13 PM »
LOL Ack-Ack.

:lol

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »
Last night I ran into a 109K-4, then later a 109G-14 that showed some of the most timid flying I have ever seen.

The first one was the K-4.  We met at ~16K over a contested Bish base.  I was in my usual Spit XVI buff hunting.  We merged and the Knight K-4 stick pulled up.  I reversed and followed, somewhat behind him.  He continued a lazy spiral climb barely turning at all but doing so nonetheless until we reached 30K!  I could never seem to get closer than 2K from him but kept following him up as the XVI is a better extreme alt performer than any German aircraft (except maybe the 110).  At about 30K he finally reversed and I picked up his six 800 back.  Again he just kept flying away in his lazy spiral climb.  I broke off and RTB'd for fuel in a full power dive to my base, then slipped it hard and belly landed just as he was approaching the field ack.

This sounds like GTR. 1 v 1 at 20k, 152 v Dora and after a couple of merges he gets scared and runs for 1.5 sectors. When we got over his field we merged again and again he got scared and dove 15k to ack. 15 frigging K straight down to ack from an even 1 v 1.  :furious

Not only did he run like a little girl, he called one of his squadies over to the base he was hiding at so that they could try to gang me.

He wasn't trying to land, every time I broke off, he'd climb back to 15k and turn back in my direction.

If you're not going to fight have the decency to say so on 200 so that I don't waste the last 45 minutes I have online for the night.

Luckily I rolled film because I ran low on fuel and flew all the way home. When I checked the film I wasn't the least bit surprised to find out that it was GTR. He is a waste of bandwidth.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2008, 09:43:10 PM »
OK.  I watched the film.  I reversed on Caldera 12 times in ~8 minutes then finally exited, probably out of ammo (but the stupid film viewer doesn't let you see that).

For the most part, our fight took place with us within 1.5K of one another although there were a couple of times it extended to 2.5K mostly near the end as Caldera tried to extend and I had to chase him back down.  Through much of the fight I was reversing at under 1K (many reverses at 7-900).

I'm certainly not going to appologize or feel bad about using the K4's superior climb rate to try to beat a much nimbler aircraft.

This film is nothing for me to be ashamed of other than the fact I didn't get the kill and has absolutely nothing in common with my encounters last night.  I stayed in and fought until I was out of ammo.  None of these were BnZ passes.  It was classic energy fighting with a less nimble AC against a more nimble AC both using their planes strengths to try to gain an advantage and, for the most part, remaining inside the box.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2008, 11:40:16 PM »
Well, I was happily buff hunting.  They should have just left me alone.

sounds like they did.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2008, 11:50:31 PM »
H@ll, it took me years to get out of the habit of diving into me on 10+ odds alone.  It's only been within the past year or so that I broke myself of that habit.

well, sniffing your stats, the only thing you've seemed to learn is how to game the stats.  however, seems you've been consistently mediocre in skills over the years...

:noid
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:05:15 AM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2008, 11:57:43 PM »
Sincere thanks for the compliment sir, you made me smile wide! Credit where it is due, the move should be named after WldThng. Long ago i saw a film of him in a spitfire below literally 20 red guys and he pulled 'my' move on no less than 7 attacking enemy and killed them in 2 minutes.
 :eek:

and who do you think taught him that?  that move existed even before me (and i was using it in AW, and i'm sure someone in ww2 did)... not everyone figures it out.

:noid
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:06:02 AM by Shane »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2008, 01:16:24 AM »
Shane: so who could be credited with first using or demonstrating it in the world of combat flight sims? Personally i never seen anyone do it better than WT in that 7 kill clip. But yeah, getting the crap beaten out of me by fellows such as yourself all nudged me towards the present. And i am thankfull.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Kotari

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2008, 02:33:20 AM »
Im sorry, what is this "The Move" you guys are talking about ?
-=Die Rammjäger VIII=-
Lentolaivue 34

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2008, 07:58:51 AM »
Shane: so who could be credited with first using or demonstrating it in the world of combat flight sims? Personally i never seen anyone do it better than WT in that 7 kill clip. But yeah, getting the crap beaten out of me by fellows such as yourself all nudged me towards the present. And i am thankfull.

no idea... no one ever showed it to me, so i'm guessing it's like the wheel... discovered independently and repeatedly over the years in various sims.