Author Topic: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(  (Read 10069 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(
« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2008, 11:29:17 AM »
quote from Cap

"on your side, definatly cool. on their side, definitly stupid. how do they expect to get better if they don't fight the guy that's better than them?
 that's why i keep fighting guys in my 38 now....and i KNOW they're better than i am, and i KNOW i should use a different tool for the kinds of fights i get in. i want to be better in the 38 though, and the only way is to fight anything in it.....well, that and lots of advice from the SAPP'rs."

yup that is what I always thought "you gotta fight someone better to get better", you got a great attitude, and I look forward to meating you in the air!

BTW using that 38 is cheating :lol its got two engines  :P

well, i went through a stint, where i let my attitude fall through the floor. i was working way too much(still am) but i try to make the best of this, as it's my temporary escape from reality/insanity.

2 engines isn't cheating. it's improvising.    :D

it'll be fun for sure.......especially watching my parts falling into the cartoon ocean.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2008, 11:38:42 AM »
I flew in the AvA for a bit. The fight ended up centered over midway with almost no time for the allies to up. So you have the double superior zekes with alt & E right over the allied field much of the time. Now for an F4F to have a chance vs a zeke it needs a minimum of 3-4k of air to fight in vertical....and even then its over matched. The SBD can match up much better and is actually a pretty good fight vs the early zeke.

If this happens again, suggest on Channel 200 that the opposing force back away from the base to give your side a chance to get some altitude.  This request is almost always recognized and honored (if it's made politely).

- oldman

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2008, 11:42:37 AM »
aahh...you DO read these.

sorry bout the pick, the one time i did....i couldn't resist. besides.....you had my countryman surrounded.  :D

you should not apoligize to kostic for picking, he is one of the best "pickers" in game, the one time we met at same alt he ran away untill I was engaged with others.(me in my hurri him in his f4) and he had enough Alt over me :lol

not sorry if you are offended Kostic, just stating the truth,  if picking was an art form, you are Michelangelo  :rofl

in case you dont know, you can find me as JETSOM in game.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2008, 11:42:55 AM »
If this happens again, suggest on Channel 200 that the opposing force back away from the base to give your side a chance to get some altitude.  This request is almost always recognized and honored (if it's made politely).

- oldman

sometimes this works in the regular arenas too. the 80th guys did just that a couple months ago.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2008, 11:44:57 AM »

granted this is roughly what it comes down to

Good to see we agree on something at least.

to have a furball in any arena still is "fun", granted, and very easy to protect, first you kill ords all around then you fly at a distance ( vulching the planes  coming to your furball is very bad form!) and at a reasonable altitude, then you wait for them to comeb]

I don't play this game to run around doing what amounts to chores to attempt to insure some fun.  I'm not going to spend an hour downing dars, ord, or troops.  If I wanted to grind away with frivolous tasks I'd play WoW or some other silly MMORPG where you spend 90% of your play time grinding away repetitive tasks.

Perhaps since we have two late war arenas we could entice HTC to run an experiment.  One of the late war arenas stays as is.  The other runs the suggestions Snaphook made.

I meant to put a disclaimer about not telling me to take my furball to the DA lake.  I don't consider it a very fun environment, mostly due to tempests and chogs being free.  4 cannon uber rides everywhere turn p38s into swiss cheese.  I'll use the DA for a warmup or if I only have 10 mins online, otherwise its fairly lame.

I miss the old map with the Fighter Town lake in the middle.  Endless furballing and no griefers, maybe just an occansional run90 making a vulch pass.  Oh how the landgrabbers moaned and wailed that no one was fighting the war, just furballing.  Made me happy.  Spawning a PT boat under the action was good for a few laughs too.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Kostic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2008, 12:03:45 PM »
you should not apoligize to kostic for picking, he is one of the best "pickers" in game, the one time we met at same alt he ran away untill I was engaged with others.(me in my hurri him in his f4) and he had enough Alt over me :lol

not sorry if you are offended Kostic, just stating the truth,  if picking was an art form, you are Michelangelo  :rofl

in case you dont know, you can find me as JETSOM in game.

Yes I know who you are. Co-ALT maybe but not Co-E. I find it amuzing how so many players will throw out there how they where "Co-Alt" and .... happened. Yes, I do do my fair share of picking but its usually on the outskirts of a furball which doesnt apply to MW.

Kostic

PS. I liked your Ink game id better then your current one.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:05:48 PM by Kostic »

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2008, 12:14:48 PM »
CAP your right we did but think back it was when the arenas split up and we were just learning the game same as the soars and we were the only 2 sqauds in the arena most of the time it was 0 rooks on

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2008, 12:40:58 PM »
Yes I know who you are. Co-ALT maybe but not Co-E. I find it amuzing how so many players will throw out there how they where "Co-Alt" and .... happened. Yes, I do do my fair share of picking but its usually on the outskirts of a furball which doesnt apply to MW.

Kostic

PS. I liked your Ink game id better then your current one.

CO-alt, CO-E,  what ever, I fight no matter the odds or disadvantage, I am not so concerned if I "win", I just want to fight, A pick is cool, does not bother me, heck no players "style" bothers me.

But what kind of victory is it when you pick someone who is allready engaged with 4 cons? shallow at best. heck that's not even a victory in my book.

Whatever though I just wanted Cap to not feel bad about pickin ya.

INK was cool but it was also associated with the BOPS, so when I left them I wanted a name not associated with them. NO DISRESPECT to the BOPS, most of them are very cool peeps, just differant views on whats fun.

JETSOM is from Flotsam&Jetsam, a heavy rock band, and FLOTSOM has been my brother since we where about 12 years old,(I'm 39 now) so when I introduced him to AH, we both love Flotsam&Jetsam. Hence the names.

ether way Kostic <S>,  I will be watching out for your deadly Aim!!

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »
Good to see we agree on something at least.

I don't play this game to run around doing what amounts to chores to attempt to insure some fun.  I'm not going to spend an hour downing dars, ord, or troops.  If I wanted to grind away with frivolous tasks I'd play WoW or some other silly MMORPG where you spend 90% of your play time grinding away repetitive tasks.

Perhaps since we have two late war arenas we could entice HTC to run an experiment.  One of the late war arenas stays as is.  The other runs the suggestions Snaphook made.

I meant to put a disclaimer about not telling me to take my furball to the DA lake.  I don't consider it a very fun environment, mostly due to tempests and chogs being free.  4 cannon uber rides everywhere turn p38s into swiss cheese.  I'll use the DA for a warmup or if I only have 10 mins online, otherwise its fairly lame.

I miss the old map with the Fighter Town lake in the middle.  Endless furballing and no griefers, maybe just an occansional run90 making a vulch pass.  Oh how the landgrabbers moaned and wailed that no one was fighting the war, just furballing.  Made me happy.  Spawning a PT boat under the action was good for a few laughs too.

furball lake is what you get when you take all other aspects out of the game.
if there is nothing else to do but dogfight,, i think there would be alot less subscribers, i don't think that would make HTC or his people very happy!
since not every one can be the best dogfighter in the game you must have other things for them to do, I.E. bombers or gv,s and the like!
 we have many arenas for everyone  the da lake may not be your cup of tea, but you want others to set up the game for your desire,I.E. protecting your ability to furball while you won't do the work yourself!
 sounds kind of selfish! :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2008, 01:40:09 PM »

furball lake is what you get when you take all other aspects out of the game.
if there is nothing else to do but dogfight,, i think there would be alot less subscribers, i don't think that would make HTC or his people very happy!

You obviously never played the map in the MAs I'm talking about.  Pre-arena split.  The landgrabbers had to constantly moan to get anyone to leave it and take or defend bases.  It was immensely popular.

since not every one can be the best dogfighter in the game you must have other things for them to do, I.E. bombers or gv,s and the like!

Well obviously everyone can't be the best dogfighters, but if they aren't encouraged to try and fight how will anyone learn?

we have many arenas for everyone  the da lake may not be your cup of tea, but you want others to set up the game for your desire,I.E. protecting your ability to furball while you won't do the work yourself!
 sounds kind of selfish! :aok

I'm guilty as charged.  I'm greedy and selfish for wanting air combat in an air combat simulator.  DA lake is a sore substitute for a real FT.  Perk planes roaming free with no penalty for loss is a huge turn off for many, myself included.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:18:45 PM by bongaroo »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2008, 01:42:41 PM »
CAP your right we did but think back it was when the arenas split up and we were just learning the game same as the soars and we were the only 2 sqauds in the arena most of the time it was 0 rooks on

ya, i do remember that.

my point though, was that everyone's gonna play their own way. even here in mw, before tatour quit, i've sat in an m3 with troops, waiting for 20 minutes or more waiting for the base to be clear. i've bombed n support of base takings, fought, straffed gv's(normally die doing this).

but like i mentione din an earlier post, in mw, it's pretty well known who's doing base attacks, on each side. this should make it a bit easier to defend, and more fun for all too. i'm sure that the attacers don't really want a victory with 0 resistance. that'd be no fun. the fun cvomes from all the carnage of the multiple fights.

me...i still continue to die a lot in my 38 o deth, regfardless of what i'm doing.  :D :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2008, 01:56:52 PM »
well bongaroo i argee with you im not spending my time shooting supid things that dont move hell if i wanted to do that id go knits and shoot a freaking building but you know what im over it ill just stay on my side of the map and do my own thing im not letting this horde run me out of a arena that i like

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2008, 01:57:53 PM »
yea i  have been playing for a long time now, i liked that they split it up,  i thought then that more people could do as they please without the gripe, i remember being in the ma when there was only 100 or so players at any givin time,and maybe ten or less late at night.
now there is what 400 or more most of the time, spread out over the game, sure i miss the furball maps, i miss the old tank towns more, but they are gone. now why would HTC go back to having less players?
as fun as this still is, it is also a bussiness, and more paying customers, is good for bussiness, it also pays for development of the game , new planes, better graphics, and yes maybe a new arena where you can go and do as you please. maybe you should write down what you want and put it in the wishlist forums, instead of here!
                       just an idea :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2008, 02:27:25 PM »
yea i  have been playing for a long time now, i liked that they split it up,  i thought then that more people could do as they please without the gripe, i remember being in the ma when there was only 100 or so players at any givin time,and maybe ten or less late at night.
now there is what 400 or more most of the time, spread out over the game, sure i miss the furball maps, i miss the old tank towns more, but they are gone. now why would HTC go back to having less players?
as fun as this still is, it is also a bussiness, and more paying customers, is good for bussiness, it also pays for development of the game , new planes, better graphics, and yes maybe a new arena where you can go and do as you please. maybe you should write down what you want and put it in the wishlist forums, instead of here!
                       just an idea :aok

Good points.  It is a buisness.  As such if I'm not happy with the product anymore they won't recieve my money or my referrals of the game to friends.

I for one plan on sticking it out for a while if possible, but with the economy in a sad state plus other real life factors I'm getting closer to calling it quits.  With gameplay continuing to move further from what I enjoy I have less and less reason to continue sending HTC my money.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2008, 02:31:34 PM »
well bongaroo i argee with you im not spending my time shooting supid things that dont move hell if i wanted to do that id go knits and shoot a freaking building but you know what im over it ill just stay on my side of the map and do my own thing im not letting this horde run me out of a arena that i like

I WISH those little wiggly airplanes would stop moving for me, and stop sneakin up on me when i'm not lookin........ :noid :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"