Author Topic: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(  (Read 10065 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2008, 11:22:44 AM »
It wasn't in the MW, it was in LW. You were slightly lower (1-2k) in a La7 and after the merge your forced me out front and you got me.

Like I said, I'm not always gracious but I don't care about my score either.

My ego doesn't need any fluffing.  :)

you missed my point  ;)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2008, 11:46:41 AM »
Humble,
I'll just second the motion of the AvA to you.  I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

I got me ego absolutely clubbed in there the other night.  It was alot more like the "old" AvA than the "new" AvA.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.  I try to emulate your ideals when I fly in any of the MA's, but the pace of play and the manner in which other players fly anymore...I find myself becoming just like what we all despise.

Case in point:  last night I dove on a set of bombers in a D-9.  I got two clean but collided with the debris and got an engine hit.

I was egressing, but a lone La-7 saddled up 3k out. 

It was just a matter of time.  My engine died and while I tried to evade, there was nothing I could do.

Now usually, I don't shoot down deadstick planes.  That's just me.  But I'll tell you what.  I was so pissed off after that, that any plane that crossed my path the rest of the night was going to get shot, period. 

I dunno, it's just a game and that's the way it is I guess.

Did I even make sense?
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »
What a joke, when the MWA reaches a point that its tardlets in bunches its time to evaluate where the game is going. My 90 day clock is on, fas as I can see we're reaching the point that its devolved to a total waste of time.

I was thinking the same thing last night ... popped in all this week, only to log out in 5 minutes (most nights) after looking at the roster and looking at the map. Hording is becoming the norm in MW.

The last real "good" fights I had in MW were with you a couple of weeks ago.

Lately it's ...

Engage ...

They split-S to beat feet as fast as they can ... to either other friendlies ... to their field ack ... to CV guns and ack.

MW is becoming "pussified" ... which is a shame.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2008, 01:05:42 PM »
I was thinking the same thing last night ... popped in all this week, only to log out in 5 minutes (most nights) after looking at the roster and looking at the map. Hording is becoming the norm in MW.

The last real "good" fights I had in MW were with you a couple of weeks ago.

Lately it's ...

Engage ...

They split-S to beat feet as fast as they can ... to either other friendlies ... to their field ack ... to CV guns and ack.

MW is becoming "pussified" ... which is a shame.

not totally. there's still a few of us....along with a few good guys from lw that like to fight.

now...admittedly, i did run to ack one night last month....then i slowed down, turned hard, to make sure i gave the auto ack a gooood shot at the bad guy. problem? wrong ack!!  :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »
Just a 'few' things to add:

WHAT is wrong with flying a Spit16 or Niki or La-7?  And please don't give me that 'easy' mode stuff, for almost every new-ish player to the game, every kill is going to be the result of a struggle no matter WHAT they fly.

I've NEVER received a rude PM, and I've never sent one either.  I really don't see why anyone should actually feel the need to do so.

I may be a relatively new player, at least compared to you 'old-timers', and I may be relatively young (just turned 17), but I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.  I for one am perfectly happy to dive into a group of multiple enemies, and I honestly couldn't care less about my score.  Yeah, it's nice to see the kills rack up, but at the end of the day as long as I've had some fun I'm happy.

So to all you 'old-timers' - why not accept that things are changing, that some of the old attitude to gameplay from the AW era is going away, and just have fun blasting all the noobs out of the sky - I know you're all capable of it.  Eventually in the course of your rampaging through the hoards, you will find another 'old-timer' who'll give you a decent fight.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2008, 01:17:16 PM »
Just a 'few' things to add:

WHAT is wrong with flying a Spit16 or Niki or La-7?  And please don't give me that 'easy' mode stuff, for almost every new-ish player to the game, every kill is going to be the result of a struggle no matter WHAT they fly.

I've NEVER received a rude PM, and I've never sent one either.  I really don't see why anyone should actually feel the need to do so.

I may be a relatively new player, at least compared to you 'old-timers', and I may be relatively young (just turned 17), but I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.  I for one am perfectly happy to dive into a group of multiple enemies, and I honestly couldn't care less about my score.  Yeah, it's nice to see the kills rack up, but at the end of the day as long as I've had some fun I'm happy.

So to all you 'old-timers' - why not accept that things are changing, that some of the old attitude to gameplay from the AW era is going away, and just have fun blasting all the noobs out of the sky - I know you're all capable of it.  Eventually in the course of your rampaging through the hoards, you will find another 'old-timer' who'll give you a decent fight.

<S>

Yossarian
Why don't we all just fly nothing but 16's, lgays and nikkis, then we can all circle in our respective acks hoping someone is going to come down and we can get a  proxy, Or what we could all do collectively is fly the 16's, Lgays, Ponies around 2k alt and then jump on one guy flying on his own? If we all done that then the MA would be a great place uh?
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »
Why don't we all just fly nothing but 16's, lgays and nikkis, then we can all circle in our respective acks hoping someone is going to come down and we can get a  proxy, Or what we could all do collectively is fly the 16's, Lgays, Ponies around 2k alt and then jump on one guy flying on his own? If we all done that then the MA would be a great place uh?

heh......that's one thing that's always gotten me./........

1 bogie, with 5 or more chasing him.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2008, 02:11:52 PM »
Strength in numbers   :aok  j/k

Anything more than 2 on 1 is too much.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2008, 02:16:49 PM »
probably shouldn't be posting this because I'm breaking my "don't post when angry" policy for the second time this week but the state the game seems to have been reduced to a new all time low.  MW used to be a bit of a refuge from the crap I get bombarded with in the LW but now that to seems to be going down hill as well. 

Guess I'll give the 'ol AvA another go.

i agree, though the MWA is still slightly better... i feel its a game, cant change how people will play, may as well just suck it up and try to ignore the tards...
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2008, 02:17:18 PM »
and all comes down to 1 sqaud in the MWA with the way they run the maps in huge hordes. i've seen sqauds not single players switch to the knights because there tired of getting ganged up on and i tried to tell them there only making the arena worst stay and fight .as for me i really dont care about the 5 on 1's i enjoy it but there's some that dont . and now i've been seeing the bish getting a horde going on too with sqauds from LW coming in .

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2008, 02:18:42 PM »
lazydog can attest that I have no problem running by myself head first into a group of bad guys, don't I? 
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »
lazydog can attest that I have no problem running by myself head first into a group of bad guys, don't I? 
i'm timid

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »

So to all you 'old-timers' - why not accept that things are changing, that some of the old attitude to gameplay from the AW era is going away, and just have fun blasting all the noobs out of the sky - I know you're all capable of it.  Eventually in the course of your rampaging through the hoards, you will find another 'old-timer' who'll give you a decent fight.

<S>

Yossarian

Bah, things have not changed match in the last 5 years.  There was always a "best" or fastest plane and always a bunch of people complaining about what the others are flying.  The complains are not about the plane.  There is nothing wrong with a LALA or spit16 if you are going to jump into a 5 vs 1 with them.  After all, you will need the best tool for the job if you did that.  The complain is about the way a fast plane is used.  If it is used to fight no one will say anything (well almost, there are people that will say something no matter what but they are not the old timers).  If you use a fast plane to only pick and run, that is also fine.  It is your 15$.  However, I have paid my 15$ also for access to chan 200 so if you do fly like that, be prepared to hear something about it.  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2008, 02:46:11 PM »
 :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »
maybe so CAP i do have to say .everytime i've seen ya you've been alone and not with the horde <S> and LOW i know you like to jump right in. i remember all the time telling you to wait for help lol fun huh :-)