Author Topic: Track IR  (Read 2272 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Track IR
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 01:54:14 PM »
*Cough*  *Cough*  Must've picked up a bug this weekend...   :aok

You're gonna luv TIR...after you get used to it.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Cobra516

• Copper Member
      • Virtual Thunderbirds
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 02:02:42 PM »
Here's two TIR videos I made - for anyone on the fence, get it!  It's well worth the $

right click/save-as
http://www.03svtcobra.net/AcesHighII/LCA3rdFighterGrp2.wmv

http://www.03svtcobra.net/AcesHighII/LCA3rdFighter3.wmv
Slipping the surly bonds.

"Ray" #3 Right Wing
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 05:54:20 AM »
Setup TrackIR last night.   :O  Holy Cow!!!!!!!!   Must say that I am now having fun.  In the first two sorties last night, I had 6 kills and my SA seems to be better.  Of course, there is always tonight and I might go back to the usual suck.   :D
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »
Interesting, that hasn't been my experience, it was the exact opposite of what you're describing with the box unchecked.  When I was looking backwards at my tail, if I leaned to the right (wanting to move out to view around the seat), my head would go left back towards the center of the screen/seat.  When looking forward, the box checked or unchecked did not seem to have any effect, it's only when the view is reversed, as in looking behind your 3/9 line. 

Testing it right now, with it checked, the movement looking at the tail is natural - lean right to move my head out over the left wing for a view of the tail.  With it unchecked, that same movement puts my head looking at the headrest/at the tail closer to the right wing, completely backwards.  Leaving it checked is a much more natural movement/resulting view.

If you imagine sitting in the pit in your chair and directly behind your chair is your tail, and you turn your head left to look out over your left shoulder behind you and out away from the seatback, you turn 180 and lean to the right.
OK, what you have going on here is that you have BOTH AH's "Track IR Relative Move" (AH's View Options) and TIR's "Trueview" (In TIR's Profile Editor) checked ON.  Translations from side to side work correctly as long as both of these options are either ON or OFF.  When either is OFF and the other is ON then translations get screwy when looking behind.  I recommend leaving both OFF as there appears to be some issues with Track IR Relative Move being on but disabling some of TIR's latest movement algorithms.  Link to my TIR writeup in my signature.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 11:39:44 PM by Mace2004 »
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 11:59:16 PM »
Here's two TIR videos I made - for anyone on the fence, get it!  It's well worth the $

right click/save-as
http://www.03svtcobra.net/AcesHighII/LCA3rdFighterGrp2.wmv

http://www.03svtcobra.net/AcesHighII/LCA3rdFighter3.wmv
Very nice vids Cobra, and nice flying.  Two questions, did you use FRAPS or some other recorder?  Also, I noticed that periodically you got a "Head Position Saved" in your text buffer.  Is this because you're using F10 to toggle your recorder on and off or is it something else?
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Cobra516

• Copper Member
      • Virtual Thunderbirds
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 12:08:36 AM »
Ah yes you're right - TrueView is on.  It seems to work great with the Track Relative mode checked in AH - I'll try disabling them both and see how it goes.  Good TIR write up btw. 

I used FRAPS and I believe I was using F10 as the capture key.  With my old PC I wasn't able to use FRAPS because it docked my FPS so much that I could hardly play while capturing, but this new quad core runs it very well.
Slipping the surly bonds.

"Ray" #3 Right Wing
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC