Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 5185 times)

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2008, 06:27:47 AM »
Actually its a brit accent. She may be from Sydney but there's nothing whiney or nasaly about her accent, definitely brit.

She was born and raised here, and calls herself an aussie but she probably learnt from her time filming in NZ to talk a little more precise....annnnddd....aaa... .bittt....sslloooowweerrr to be understood by your average Kiwi

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2008, 08:50:28 AM »
I admit it, "I AM THE FINAL CYLON" ,  there I said it.

Wow feels good to have that off my chest.

To tell you the truth this all started out (the destruction of humanity) as a way of getting out of dinner with the inlaws and it kinda snowballed on me.

I prolly should spoke up sooner but hey, better late then never, sorry about all the death and destruction.

Are we good now?
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2008, 10:44:34 AM »
I admit it, "I AM THE FINAL CYLON" ,  there I said it.

Wow feels good to have that off my chest.

To tell you the truth this all started out (the destruction of humanity) as a way of getting out of dinner with the inlaws and it kinda snowballed on me.

I prolly should spoke up sooner but hey, better late then never, sorry about all the death and destruction.

Are we good now?

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
 :salute
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2008, 12:14:17 PM »
You fairies thought I was limp wristed for liking The Hills and the Jonas Brothers.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2008, 12:40:26 PM »
You fairies thought I was limp wristed for liking The Hills and the Jonas Brothers.

no......we know that you are limp wristed, just because you like those things has nothing to do with our opinion of ya!   :huh

:rofl  :rofl

:rock
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »
She was born and raised here, and calls herself an aussie but she probably learnt from her time filming in NZ to talk a little more precise....annnnddd....aaa... .bittt....sslloooowweerrr to be understood by your average Kiwi

Tronsky

She talks with a brit accent in farscape, not kiwi, not aussie. She might've come to NZ to shake off the accent of lower class english criminals  australia is cursed with.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2008, 01:45:27 PM »
How did a BSG thread turn into the clash of the colonies that were let go without a fight?   :lol
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2008, 02:08:28 PM »
Because all discussions of SciFi Channel programming eventually leads to a lamentation over the cancellation of FarScape, and FarScape was a major Australian project. It's only natural that the Kiwis and Aussies are going to fight over one of modern science fiction's hottest space babes.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2008, 10:23:28 PM »
The Fifth Cylon is Laura Roslin.

So say we all!

RTR
The Damned

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2008, 10:51:51 PM »
The Fifth Cylon is Laura Roslin.

So say we all!

RTR

thought about that but the hybrid didn't out her and it would so muddy the water that it would destroy the story line. at least thats my opinion. she is the biggest anti-cylon in the fleet.

but it could be apollo, that would throw in enough story twist without making it twisted beyond the telling.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2008, 12:31:11 AM »
thought about that but the hybrid didn't out her and it would so muddy the water that it would destroy the story line. at least thats my opinion. she is the biggest anti-cylon in the fleet.

There isn't much storyline left to continue. She would really have to consider her anti-cylon stance if she'd be a cylon too and everyone would then live happily ever after.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2008, 12:35:02 AM »

but it could be apollo, that would throw in enough story twist without making it twisted beyond the telling.

FLOTSOM

Don't see how it could be Apollo.  He's Adama's son.  It seems like if apollo was one, adama would have to be one.  Of course there's only one left though so that doesn't seem to work.  :cough: Baltar :cough:

The storyline deals with Fate so much and how they aren't really in control of their destiny but are merely playing characters in a neverending cycle.  I feel like the only 2 characters that have been driven by fate the entire series are Roslin and Baltar.  Baltar especially though.  How many times he has eluded death is staggering.  It's as if the cylon's collective unconscious is allowing him to survive because he is the Final One.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 12:37:41 AM by grizz441 »

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2008, 09:52:43 AM »
Well, the Fifth has to be someone on the Basestar at the end of what we've seen so far.  Because Deanna said the fifth wasn't in the fleet, only four of them were.  If the 5th wasn't in the fleet it had to be someone Deanna knew to be on the basestar.

And the only major characters on the basestar were Roslin, Baltar, and Helo.  There were some recurring minor characters like Hotdog (who is Eddy's son IRL btw) and Seelix on the basestar, but it would be kind of lame to make the 5th one of them.

I don't think it could be someone who is dead, because I don't think Deanna had time to be briefed on everything that happened since she was boxed.

The big question is... why wasn't the 5th activated with the other four at the nebula and again in the last episode we saw so far?  The 5th has to be fundamentally different from the other four just like the final five are fundamentally different from the other cylons.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2008, 10:10:13 AM »
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2008, 11:58:08 PM »
Well, the Fifth has to be someone on the Basestar at the end of what we've seen so far.  Because Deanna said the fifth wasn't in the fleet, only four of them were.  If the 5th wasn't in the fleet it had to be someone Deanna knew to be on the basestar.

And the only major characters on the basestar were Roslin, Baltar, and Helo.  There were some recurring minor characters like Hotdog (who is Eddy's son IRL btw) and Seelix on the basestar, but it would be kind of lame to make the 5th one of them.

I don't think it could be someone who is dead, because I don't think Deanna had time to be briefed on everything that happened since she was boxed.

The big question is... why wasn't the 5th activated with the other four at the nebula and again in the last episode we saw so far?  The 5th has to be fundamentally different from the other four just like the final five are fundamentally different from the other cylons.

[Thread Resurrection in Progress]

Who do you think the final cylon is BoilerDown?
FLOTSOM?

And anyone else who wants to take a stab at it!