Author Topic: Who is Better? Rolling Thunder or Joker's Jokers?  (Read 6126 times)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Re: Who is Better? Rolling Thunder or Joker's Jokers?
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2008, 02:55:25 AM »
I find 50 guys horde swarming vacant fields about as interesting as two male pigs getting it on at the slop bucket. Asking which pig is better or wears prettier lipstick doesn't change the simple truth they're both pigs with or without the lipstick... ;)

Jeez Zazen13, you must be able to come up with something better than this.  I have read your stuff.  I have a quote from you in my sig.  Please something better. :)

Awaiting,

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2008, 03:17:33 AM »
 :rofl

24 you have gone up in my estimation  :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2008, 04:58:42 AM »
We had a hella battle the other night in blue where several NOE sneaks have been thwarted.( our squad defending and eventually some WOT sticks joined in).
Beating them down to their own attacking base is very gratifying but what kills it is that they get too timid to fight and the horde goes and attacks some base wayy off in the distance.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2008, 07:40:40 AM »
I find 50 guys horde swarming vacant fields about as interesting as two male pigs getting it on at the slop bucket. Asking which pig is better or wears prettier lipstick doesn't change the simple truth they're both pigs with or without the lipstick... ;)

When is the last time you  ran a mission Zazen? When is the last time you joined one? I am willing to bet that is why you left the Army of Muppets because you didn't and they got tired of it and said something. Then you want to criticize those who do. If people don't defend their base, no matter which country, that is up to them. Like Dadsguns says, We have to use their own egos against them. That couldn't be more true than in your case.

BTW We've had AOM join our missions before.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2008, 08:07:51 AM »
Yea...if you like photo shopped pictures

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Not to worry 24, I don't take too much to be fact here. Besides I haven't seen too many 4 plane formations.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2008, 08:17:17 AM »
They were so bad they made me look good, and I ended up landing, which as anyone can tell you is a very rare occurrence.
:O  you....landed?!! I'm sorry but I will need to see video proof of this. What condition was your bomber at this point? What percentag of parts were listed as undamaged?  :D
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2008, 08:23:42 AM »
**Fugita walks into room. Looks around and sees all the bloody fishhooks and thinks to himself, "Looks like TwentyFo has been here"**

My turn.

If I wasn't in the MOB I would probably fly with the POTW. Classy bunch of sticks there :aok

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2008, 08:24:19 AM »
We had a hella battle the other night in blue where several NOE sneaks have been thwarted.( our squad defending and eventually some WOT sticks joined in).
Beating them down to their own attacking base is very gratifying but what kills it is that they get too timid to fight and the horde goes and attacks some base wayy off in the distance.

Like I said NOE's can be defended quite well. Just be vigilant. That is always cool to be beat back the attacking herd. We, Bish, did it at 8 and eventually moved to 6 from which they came and took that base. It took a while though. Once a mission is busted, and it happens quite often, it really doesn't make sense to continue to stagger in one or two at a time if you're in a base capture mood. So yes, most move to another base to keep the attack going.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2008, 09:14:14 AM »
I love it when someone uses old posts.  It really gets the point across.  I guess in the Aces High fantasy world things never change.  I can post a few about Combat Tour.

Still chuckling.   :lol

Fred

I think that post was appropriate.  It's why HT took all the big maps away from us the first time.  I'd hate to lose them again for the same reasons.  I guess history is doomed to repeat itself.  NDIsles, Uterus and Baltic here we come.

BTW, I flew a mission the other night for the first time in at least a year.  Somehow it just seemed like it might be fun.  I don't know who's squad it was but at least 25-30 planes NOE to a base defended by a single Jug and a single Sherman.  I scored the only air to air kill.  The base was ours within 2-3 minutes.  All I could think was what a waste of time and left for the other side of the map.

As a Bish I can tell you that any and every time I look at the map there's a Bish NOE mission headed somewhere.  It is the SOP for the Bish squads/missions.

What's the point?  To take a base?  Without a fight?  To me it seems like a waste of $15/mo. but that's just me.  Worse yet it's going to lose us the big maps again.

Nothing's changed.  It's back how it was.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:16:21 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2008, 09:20:45 AM »
POTW is just another 3 or 4 wing horde squad too
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2008, 09:30:07 AM »
"no conclusion was reached about these very mediocre bunch of gutless noobs"
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2008, 09:31:58 AM »
Wow tons more spin...why am I not ......surprised?

Ohh and Lynx  :aok on putting their pink frillies in a knot.
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2008, 09:34:10 AM »
I think that post was appropriate.  It's why HT took all the big maps away from us the first time.  I'd hate to lose them again for the same reasons.  I guess history is doomed to repeat itself.  NDIsles, Uterus and Baltic here we come.

BTW, I flew a mission the other night for the first time in at least a year.  Somehow it just seemed like it might be fun.  I don't know who's squad it was but at least 25-30 planes NOE to a base defended by a single Jug and a single Sherman.  I scored the only air to air kill.  The base was ours within 2-3 minutes.  All I could think was what a waste of time and left for the other side of the map.

As a Bish I can tell you that any and every time I look at the map there's a Bish NOE mission headed somewhere.  It is the SOP for the Bish squads/missions.

What's the point?  To take a base?  Without a fight?  To me it seems like a waste of $15/mo. but that's just me.  Worse yet it's going to lose us the big maps again.

*glove slap*
This is war man..... get serious.
See Rule #4

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2008, 09:34:33 AM »
Apparently Jokers Jokers and Rolling Thunder are doing their job, some of you guys have a unique misunderstanding of what we are and what we do and dislike us for that "I kinda like that" and also your perspectives of this game are limited in scope and juvenile. This game was designed to do what we do, the fact is that we use the tools provided to us by HTC to meet our goals within the rules and if you don't, that I'm sorry to say, is your problem. :D    

Yup this sums up the entire issue very nicely for all...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2008, 09:47:28 AM »

Not our fault they don't defend Baldegle. I tell you what join a altitude mission and you will see little action there too. Not too long ago I upped a fighter and grabbed to about 15k and headed where the enemy had 2 full dar bars. The only enemy I saw were so high above me I couldn't even see their icon. One p51 actually came down and made a quick pass and then pulled up to the wild blue yonder to never be seen again. I then refueled and had about the same thing happen. Finally a p47 came in to pork ordinance and I nailed him. So after about 90 minutes of flying under 2 full dar bars I get one kill. While all that was going on Bish ran two successful missions under them at about 5k. So the complaints about NOE's are just a crutch. Further we upped numerous 5 to 8 k missions into full dar bars and more. They all left the area. You just can't blame the NOE's for this. In fact you get more resistance with NOE's believe it or not.

Now what really kills me here is that they are complaining about NOE's when GV's are even lower and don't set the town off until with in 3 miles, or is it 5. If I were to complain about stealth attacks I would complain about them.

Keep in mind this fact. Most don't complain about there country's noe missions but they do about other country's noe missions. I know you like to duke it out because I have winged with you before. That is just awesome fun. In fact that is all I did for about 10 years was just mainly up fighters and look for the fight. Maybe we will hook up again and go look for some fights. That just sounds like fun right now.  :salute