Author Topic: Who should die in a collision  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Who should die in a collision
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2008, 10:29:24 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl I couldnt help  myself fugi everytime someone brings up a question like this out come all the computer geeks and their technical jibberish about somethin that most people dont understand in the first place. All most people know is that someone crashed into their cartoon plane, I'd be pissed to cause it has happened to me alot especially during squeeker season.The thing that makes me laugh is that when they hit you and it clearly says " pilot 1 has collided with you" and they PM you callin you a dweeb and other assorted generation whine insults. :rofl :rofl  :salute

OH and leave my protracted floppy alone :rofl :rofl :rofl

Wow 2 pictures from 2 front ends of the same collision.  Major techno gibberish there.
So simple an noe horde monkey can understand.....well maybe not.
See Rule #4

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2008, 11:25:17 AM »
Your "solution" would make ramming a viable tactic to stop an enemy aircraft. HT has refused to do that. A better solution is to avoid situations that cause collisions...ie., fly better.  :aok

Ramming is a tactic now. I guess I must stop trying to avoid a collision for while I'm avoiding the dweeb spit is not and getting the reward.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2008, 11:26:56 AM »
        Ramming is a tactic now. I guess I must stop trying to avoid a collision for while I'm avoiding the dweeb spit is not and getting the reward.
LOL priceless.
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2008, 11:29:19 AM »

DUDE.....

alll you have to do, is to avoide him on your computer. if your computer doesn't see any collision, there wasn't one in your "reality", only your opponents.  if you took damage, then he was firing.

BRONK.....in the films, do BOTH collision messages not show up, or only the orange "you have collided" message?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2008, 11:31:13 AM »

BRONK.....in the films, do BOTH collision messages not show up, or only the orange "you have collided" message?
You only see the white text informing you your opponent has collided.
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2008, 11:35:09 AM »
You only see the white text informing you your opponent has collided.

ok...wasn't sure, as i was going through films late last night(read that early this morning) and found one with hitman consistantly trying to ho me..... got tired of it, and returned the favor, but broke off too late, and collided. i could have sworn i had both on that one, but in watching it, only the white message showed up.

ran me wing directly through his engine.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2008, 11:40:13 AM »
  To avoid Collision: Spot AC heading towards you, turn away and allow DWEEB to get on your 6, then open a channel to him and ask if he will let you go unharmed, smile as your tail is shot off and bail while shooting him with your 45. Up another AC and Repeat.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2008, 11:40:51 AM »
  To avoid Collision: Spot AC heading towards you, turn away and allow DWEEB to get on your 6, then open a channel to him and ask if he will let you go unharmed, smile as your tail is shot off and bail while shooting him with your 45. Up another AC and Repeat.
lol lots to learn :aok
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »

ooorrrrr...

you could do something silly, like.....oooo...i dunno......fly under or around or over him. my preference is under slightly to the side, and come up over the top. it prolongs the agony of my eventual defeat, but at least at that point, i've managed to have a fight.  :aok :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2008, 01:43:10 PM »
  It's known that certain planes are modeled to come out on top in a collision and some fly them knowing that. They will kamikaze you. It's hard to avoid those collisions in a furball. I only had one collision in four hours of fighting last night so I guess I'm learning to fly after all these years. I've learned so much from the wisdom on the forums :rolleyes:

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2008, 01:46:19 PM »
This is all very simple.  The person who should die is the one, or both, who collide.

If you hit him, you take damage.
If He hits you, they take damage.
If you both hit, you both take damage.

Just like in the real world, if you don't collide, you don't take damage.  The only difference is that this isn't the real world and for every player there is a different reality. Unlike the realworld, we are trying to shoot at people who's real location is hundreds or thousands of miles away, in which the internet tricks us into thinking they are yards away.  Because of this...you might very well collide with someone...however, the other person saw no collision in their reality...in fact they were 100 yards, 50 yards, 20 yards, away...you pick.

The only variable is what the other guys computer see's.  I don't see how making someone take damage, who didn't actually collide is fair.  Turning off collisions would be as bad as making someone take damage if they didn't collide at all...though it might be amusing watching a pony dive on me, fly through my tail, through my cockpit, and emerge on the other side....would set up easy overshoot, provided he doesn't tear my pilot/plane apart from the inside out.  I'm sure both would get old really quick.

I guess you have to try and figure out what is more realistic.

-A world where you can fly through solid objects without fear  (remove all responsibility from everyone in collisons, but severly effecting gameplay and immersion)
    -the winners of this reality...people who believe collisions don't happen and those who are able to believe solid objects can pass each other without incident.
-A world where you can take damage seemingly from nowhere and through no fault of your own. (taking away all your abilites to dodge a plane, and giving all trust to your enemy not to)
    -the winners of this reality... people who want to ram
-A world where you take damage if you see a collision...even if the other person does not. This gives responsibility to you, if you risk a collision, you might collide.  All the other scenario's remove your responsibility, and the second one actually makes it your enemy's responsibility (not yours) to not ram you.
    -the winners of this realilty....the people who don't see a collision.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 02:12:20 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »
  It's known that certain planes are modeled to come out on top in a collision and some fly them knowing that. They will kamikaze you. It's hard to avoid those collisions in a furball. I only had one collision in four hours of fighting last night so I guess I'm learning to fly after all these years. I've learned so much from the wisdom on the forums :rolleyes:

YA......

the spitfires are impervious to collisions, gunfire, and the laws of physics.  :rolleyes:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2008, 02:06:53 PM »
YA......

the spitfires are impervious to collisions, gunfire, and the laws of physics.  :rolleyes:
Shhhh it's a secret. :furious :furious
See Rule #4

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2008, 02:08:36 PM »
YA......

I knew it! That explains everything. You have been so helpful with the issue of collisions. You have added so much. I appreciate those that wish to help explain the physics of the game and not to just dismiss those that think it could be a problem in the program. :aok  

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2008, 02:29:38 PM »
Whew glad he didn't tell him about the FM2...... sonofa..... now I'm doing it. ;)
See Rule #4