Author Topic: Perk the P-38J in the Mid-War Arena  (Read 7031 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk the P-38J in the Mid-War Arena
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 11:55:01 PM »
Someone tell me Ispy is joking.  :huh
Lighten up Francis

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 11:55:11 PM »
I'm not sure we should be posting in this thread without checking with Headquarters in Grapevine.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 11:57:25 PM »
Clearly Ackack, Shuffler, TwinBoom,Larry and VonHoltz need to be perked not the 38 :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 12:13:42 AM »
Wow!  Any of you feel a tug at the corner of your mouth?

That was a beautiful, masterful cast.  Well done.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 12:32:46 AM »
There is only one way to settle this. Take it to the DA!!!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 12:35:23 AM »
 :O
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 12:43:54 AM »
Says he's made 3 sorties here and has gotton 30 kills  but only 1 of his posts shows up ....hummm

I call vulchin hacker!

Offline ISpyWithMyLittleEye

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 01:31:17 AM »
Says he's made 3 sorties here and has gotton 30 kills  but only 1 of his posts shows up ....hummm

I call vulchin hacker!

Where did I mention I have three sorties or any kills?

It's sad that you guys don't realize how much the P-38J makes the game play unbalanced in the Mid-War arena but then I'm pretty sure most of you players fly in the Late-War arena with all your fast late war planes and couldn't hack it in the Mid-War arena.  If you did then you would see first hand how much the P-38J makes the game unfair for everyone else.  Even though this tour is fresh the P-38J is still the top killer and with these SAPP players flying them it's really no fair for us honest players that can't compete because we don't have a special plane given to us like they do.  If we all flew the same P-38J then I wouldn't be demanding it be perked but as you can see from a comment from one of them about glass cockpits, it's obvious they have some favoritism going their way.

ISpyWithMyLittleEye
PERK THE P-38J!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 01:40:48 AM »
Where did I mention I have three sorties or any kills?

It's sad that you guys don't realize how much the P-38J makes the game play unbalanced in the Mid-War arena but then I'm pretty sure most of you players fly in the Late-War arena with all your fast late war planes and couldn't hack it in the Mid-War arena.  If you did then you would see first hand how much the P-38J makes the game unfair for everyone else.  Even though this tour is fresh the P-38J is still the top killer and with these SAPP players flying them it's really no fair for us honest players that can't compete because we don't have a special plane given to us like they do.  If we all flew the same P-38J then I wouldn't be demanding it be perked but as you can see from a comment from one of them about glass cockpits, it's obvious they have some favoritism going their way.

ISpyWithMyLittleEye

Why not take advantage of this 'uber' plane that is free to fly?  Oh and how many perks should it cost to fly smart guy, a million bajillion?

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2009, 01:51:38 AM »
If we all flew the same P-38J then I wouldn't be demanding it be perked but as you can see from a comment from one of them about glass cockpits, it's obvious they have some favoritism going their way.

That's just silly.  Why would you believe something like that?  It's not like some of those guys are running around the boards with special HTC bestowed tags under their names  :noid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2009, 02:16:25 AM »
Why not take advantage of this 'uber' plane that is free to fly?  Oh and how many perks should it cost to fly smart guy, a million bajillion?

I think the perks should be based on the individual instead of the plane.  It would be extremely easy to code something into the perk system that would base the perks not on the airplane but on the player itself.  This system would check the player's stats and if the system sees that the player has gained a lot of kills in a certain plane then the system would place a perk price on that plane.  This way guys like those SAPP players that make up a large significant of kills in one plane would be forced to fly another plane that they aren't skilled in and then we'll see who has the last laugh.

PERK THE P-38J!

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2009, 02:24:51 AM »
That's just silly.  Why would you believe something like that?  It's not like some of those guys are running around the boards with special HTC bestowed tags under their names  :noid

I just find it strange that it's only those in SAPP that are able to make shots in a vertical zoom climb from d1.2 out and kill with just a single 20mm round.  Or why is it only that SAPP players are able to out turn planes that are well known to be better maneuvering planes like the Hurricane IIc, A6M5, Seafire, Spitfire 9, Spitfire 8 and the P-51B (which hands down in real life was far better than the P-38 ever was, which was recently shown on that Great Planes on the Military Channel).  Not to mention that any of the Luftwaffe aircraft were far superior with the exception of the Stuka and maybe the Bf 110C-4.  The others blow the P-38 out of the water but that's not the case here for certain players, which proves that SAPP players get specially 'tuned' P-38Js and the Luftwaffe fighters are extremely under modeled.  I just watched last week on my Wings of the Luftwaffe DVD how easily a Bf109 could out maneuver in both the vertical and horizontal against a P-38 and basically thought they were nothing more than flying targets.  But that's not how it is in here.  Need any more facts or proof?

PERK THE P-38J!

Offline Phil

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2009, 02:57:18 AM »
P38J in mid-war give me the creeps !

Ak-Ak, Shufller, Twin-Boom, VonHoltz and few others in P38J make me sweat before the fight begins :furious :cry :mad:

I fly Spitfires all the time and when I get shot down, I go back up trying to have the edge(alt/speed) before the fight begins. Right there and then I see a different approach from the same pilot. They have the power and speed to extend and sometimes they fly away never to return :mad: But that's the game !

Sometimes I win but get shot down more often :(
That's for me to learn and get better !

Salute P38J drivers.
Win or lose, I'll try to give ya a good fight !

Maybe learning the P38J better and fight/learn their style you might be able to win the dogfights instead of perking the plane  :aok

Phil / OPP7755

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2009, 03:16:15 AM »
Oh I see, 2 posts don't show because he registered in may before new boards.

Reg: May 2008

Maybe he is serious   :huh

38 is really hard to fly, there is a trick to it, just don't know what it is.
Same goes for the 190's that somehow can turn so well. I guess more practice will reveal it's secrets.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2009, 03:34:16 AM »

I guess more practice will reveal it's secrets.

Or access to S.A.P.P. library and utilities  :noid