Author Topic: Getting Really Upset at Knights  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Getting Really Upset at Knights
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »
In a typical example of how the game works last night.

Flying Rooks.  A few of us are fighting at 39 against a higher and larger mob.  A couple guys on country are breaking their caps locks yelling at all of us for being such lousy players not defending 201 from the horde.  One of them then gives up on 201 and comes to 39.  At the same time a few of us go to 201.  as time goes by the green dar bar starts to get bigger then the red at 201 and the fight moves to the Knits base 197.  

Now keep in mind the Knits have been trying to take 201 and have had their own horde there for a couple hours.  The fight is finally pushed to 197 and what comes across 200?

"Typical high alt ganging Rooks over 197!"

Now to be fair, this guy had apparently only logged on a few minutes previously, but it cracked me up.

Most clearly find safety in the horde.  The fight was dead so I landed and taxied into the hanger at 197.   In another typical example of how the majority play the game, another Rook mistook my plane in the hanger for a Knit and tried to vulch me and killshot himself :)

A Squaddie was then told that he wasn't a real Rook because he didn't only fly Rook and it was suggested we go somewhere else.

Gonna run out of cartoon countries to fly in this way :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2009, 05:37:33 PM »
WHile fighting at 97 last night Corky I noticed an oddity. You not only LANDED your plane but it only had 1 engine out and NO missing parts. If you aren't careful you will have your SAPP license revoked.  :t
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2009, 05:45:54 PM »
WHile fighting at 97 last night Corky I noticed an oddity. You not only LANDED your plane but it only had 1 engine out and NO missing parts. If you aren't careful you will have your SAPP license revoked.  :t

This has already been brought to the attention of the Grand Exhalted Ruler.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2009, 06:16:59 PM »
Imagine getting stranded somewheres with him, with all his misery, condescension, and negativity. :huh

What an altogether wretched little man.
:lol

I'd have a beer with AKAK anytime, and we'd have a blast I guarantee it.  Doing the same with ROX would involve me saying,  "Hi, can I buy you one?"  He'd say, "Piss off."

Who's the wretched one?

Idiot.

:aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2009, 06:39:25 PM »
In a typical example of how the game works last night.

Flying Rooks.  A few of us are fighting at 39 against a higher and larger mob.  A couple guys on country are breaking their caps locks yelling at all of us for being such lousy players not defending 201 from the horde.  One of them then gives up on 201 and comes to 39.  At the same time a few of us go to 201.  as time goes by the green dar bar starts to get bigger then the red at 201 and the fight moves to the Knits base 197.  

Now keep in mind the Knits have been trying to take 201 and have had their own horde there for a couple hours.  The fight is finally pushed to 197 and what comes across 200?

"Typical high alt ganging Rooks over 197!"

Now to be fair, this guy had apparently only logged on a few minutes previously, but it cracked me up.

Most clearly find safety in the horde.  The fight was dead so I landed and taxied into the hanger at 197.   In another typical example of how the majority play the game, another Rook mistook my plane in the hanger for a Knit and tried to vulch me and killshot himself :)

A Squaddie was then told that he wasn't a real Rook because he didn't only fly Rook and it was suggested we go somewhere else.

Gonna run out of cartoon countries to fly in this way :)
Lol either 'greens' or 'Spyder-somethin' told me the same thing the other night.......(I've been a rook for like 9 years :lol)
Such folks are damned serious about the 'win-the-war' thing, and, sadly, see no other aspect to this wonderful game.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2009, 06:46:51 PM »
Me, myself and I?

ack-ack
Lol no, I was referring to Waystin--order of statements:

Ack-Ack:
Maybe that's why there is such a disparity between the Rookies and the other two.  Bish and Knitwits seem more willing to furball while the Rookies are satisfied with running and hording.

Well Ack-Ack you said it more succinctly than I would have,  but more or less true.

<Salute>

Ummm...WHAT's the name of that huge group of guys you always fly with again?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 07:06:33 PM by bj229r »
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »

thats a SKWAD!
Tours 86 - 296

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2009, 06:56:41 PM »
thats a SKWAD!
When Google has a question, they ask AcK- AcK. :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2009, 06:58:11 PM »
When Google has a question, they ask AcK- AcK. :aok

i believe it!  AKAK is full of knowledge  :)
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2009, 07:00:53 PM »
i believe it!  AKAK is full of knowledge  :)

That's not the word I use to describe what he is full of, but ok.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2009, 07:01:32 PM »
That's not the word I use to describe what he is full of, but ok.

I really didn't wanna get hit with the "big stick" if ya know what I mean  :D
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2009, 07:24:06 PM »
I have fun playing Aces High 2 outnumbered or not, with or without the horde, at high alt or on the deck, or attending snapshots.  In my years of playing in the MA, every country goes through cycles.  At one hour/day/month/year, bish has the numbers and is rolling bases, then the nits, then the rooks in no particular order.  It's part of the game, squads come and go, switch sides, merge with other squads and so on.  The fact is: taking bases is only ONE aspect of the game, some folks like to take bases, some just like to dogfight, some like ground battles and so on.  I like to do all but gv'ing, but I have fun with the rest.  Just be nice, have fun, squelch the people you don't want to hear or read text from, relax, and enjoy the game.

That's my two cents take it as you will.....
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2009, 12:30:12 AM »
  The map is but a stage..no one says wtg stage.

~AoM~

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2009, 12:54:37 AM »
I have fun playing Aces High 2 outnumbered or not, with or without the horde, at high alt or on the deck, or attending snapshots.  In my years of playing in the MA, every country goes through cycles.  At one hour/day/month/year, bish has the numbers and is rolling bases, then the nits, then the rooks in no particular order.  It's part of the game, squads come and go, switch sides, merge with other squads and so on.  The fact is: taking bases is only ONE aspect of the game, some folks like to take bases, some just like to dogfight, some like ground battles and so on.  I like to do all but gv'ing, but I have fun with the rest.  Just be nice, have fun, squelch the people you don't want to hear or read text from, relax, and enjoy the game.

That's my two cents take it as you will.....

:aok :aok :aok

but -- do you play in LW blue lately? knights are typically outnumbered 3:1 total on a regular basis, yet everyone still take our bases!

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2009, 10:16:33 AM »

My squad is listed in my sig line Sir. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!