Author Topic: Setting up a mouse Flash Tutorial  (Read 589 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Setting up a mouse Flash Tutorial
« on: January 09, 2009, 12:16:18 PM »
OK, I got this one together. I'm pretty happy with it other than all the "ummms"  :D Let me know what you think.

Check it out!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Setting up a mouse Flash Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 12:47:46 PM »
These are such a great idea I'm surprised no one thought of it sooner.  Nice job.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 11:51:17 PM »
What I did when I did my Camera shot tutorial video was I first recorded the video and the actions throughout the film viewer (while I had a rough idea what I was saying).  I then went back and watched what I recorded and then typed out all the lines I was going to say.  I then recorded the voice over in segments (not all at once) because I too like to say 'umm' a lot.  Spliced it all together and I was done.  Some segments I had to stop and re-record several times because I would goof.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 07:10:55 AM »
Bloody Wicked AWESOME!

Fugutive, you are da MAN!

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 07:41:37 AM »
Outstanding job again Fug!   :aok  I'm slowly learning that Flash8 you turned me on to.  It's a lot of work so I truly appreciate what you've done here.   :salute
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 10:06:29 AM »
What I did when I did my Camera shot tutorial video was I first recorded the video and the actions throughout the film viewer (while I had a rough idea what I was saying).  I then went back and watched what I recorded and then typed out all the lines I was going to say.  I then recorded the voice over in segments (not all at once) because I too like to say 'umm' a lot.  Spliced it all together and I was done.  Some segments I had to stop and re-record several times because I would goof.

My problem is I don't bother making a script. I just kinda wing it.... and I'm sure it shows.  :D I was hoping that while winging it I would also make it a bit more interesting. Some of the info while important could turn into a pretty dry read.... then click here, then click here, then click here.... What I do is think about the section I'm going to do next, get a general idea of what I want to say, and then run with it. Most of the time I'm ok with the way it sounds, but I do re-do them now and then.

After I save and import the sound clip to Flash I then build and use the pictures I need as well as building the mouse and its movements in flash. This one took about 10 hours to make everything and put it all together. The finished size as a flash movie is just over 2 megs, before compression as a working file its over 30 meg  :O That's why I use Flash. Just doing a "screen capture" film of the same thing and the file would be huge .

Thanks for the positive input, I'll keep plugging away while I have the time !

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 10:14:36 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to do this for everyone, they are just awesome!!

Personally i think you should get your own locked (Help) thread that you can send these to. These are, by far, better than most board room presentations that ive seen at work.

Thanks again
<S>
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 10:52:59 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to do this for everyone, they are just awesome!!

Personally i think you should get your own locked (Help) thread that you can send these to. These are, by far, better than most board room presentations that ive seen at work.

Thanks again
<S>

well I am looking for a job, so if you know somebody....  :aok

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 02:25:41 PM »
Wow, I just learned how to set up my mouse. SWEET! Now I can die when I don't have my joystick plugged in! Thanks The Fugitive!
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline doleboy

• Copper Member
      • mushrooms
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 08:22:01 PM »
Very nice Fugitive, HTC should take note.
This sort of thing would be great for noobs on their two weeks.  :aok
We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be.

Offline SkiMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 11:00:39 PM »
Very nice Fugitive, HTC should take note.
This sort of thing would be great for noobs on their two weeks.  :aok

+1

Awesome job.  :aok

Formerly Skiman and 613Ski

Currently flying as Pariah