Author Topic: Known Warpers  (Read 8656 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Known Warpers
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2011, 12:02:37 PM »
<S>Bat,
The Betty Fordd clinic for Warpage can cure you! An intensive "In-house" 6 week program.
All for a mere 25k
First step in a cure is admitting a problem, which you have done Sir!
                                                                                            <S> Oz

:rofl

I had forgotten about this, I must be cured!

Thank you Oz
S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2011, 01:49:16 PM »
Although I know this isn't me he is talking about. However, I know because of my connection issues ever since this new Router has been installed (should be getting it replaced tomorrow, assuming geek squad actual do their jobs right this time) then hopefully I won't have any warp and connection issues. I had few people tell me I do warp just before losing connection.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2011, 02:58:10 PM »
Linking to a locked thread is not possible?

If you mean, start a new thread with a link in said new thread to the original thread being referenced, That's Brilliant!!

I wish I'd though of that.

Funny thing is if he had started his own thread everyone would have found this one and posted it and said snotty things like, "use the serch function" and "bin discused already sea", blah, blah, blah...

And riddle me this...

Why are all of you old-thread-protectors so concerned about an old thread getting bumped and locked?  If a thread can't be posted in because it is against the rules then what is the difference between it being locked or it being hidden away and forbidden to be posted in by the BBS little-moderators-my-ego-needs-stroking-oh-yay-a-chance-to-be-right!!!11!!1 crowd?

If you bump an old thread, it gets locked, not hidden away.
If you start a new thread with reference to the old thread(s) then it shows you did search.
If you have nothing new to contribute then what is the point of posting in the old thread.

Simple.

And thanks, my ego is happy again.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2011, 03:10:34 PM »
No matter what its a valid argument
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2011, 03:13:12 PM »
If you mean, start a new thread with a link in said new thread to the original thread being referenced, That's Brilliant!!

No...

You said that it's better to reference to the necro thread than get it locked.  I said that you can still link to a locked thread just as easy as linking to a non locked thread and according to your thread bumping doctrine, a locked necro thread and an open necro thread are identical entities, since you cannot post in a locked necro thread, and posting in a non locked necro thread is just plain blasphemy.

Brilliance denied.

If you bump an old thread, it gets locked, not hidden away.

Who cares if it gets locked?  It's off limits and blasphemy to post in anyways right?

If you start a new thread with reference to the old thread(s) then it shows you did search.

If you resurrect a necro thread on topic, it also shows you searched, hence the bump, duh.

If you have nothing new to contribute then what is the point of posting in the old thread.

Who are you to say that the new post was not a contribution?  

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2011, 03:31:25 PM »
That gt101 guy beats joeblack in the warping
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »

Who cares if it gets locked?  It's off limits and blasphemy to post in anyways right?

This was my point wrongway. Pay attention.

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: April 10, 2011, 06:19:27 PM »
This was my point wrongway. Pay attention.

Sorry.

I'll try harder.

You can't quote with the date tag stuff from a locked thread.  :(

wrongway

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: April 10, 2011, 08:39:18 PM »
If there was a reason to lock a thread, it would be because most of you guys can't post on topic.

In an attempt to satisfy the whiners, I guess I could write a complete dissertation of warp at an off-site page and link it here in a new thread.

I could explain how it happens down to machine level, why you see what you see, the thresholds of disconnect, and a how-to guide on exploiting warp on demand........but that would be counterproductive to gameplay so I only posted a small explanation and example scenario to help people understand why they see what they see.

If you want to discuss warp, this seems a good place as any except for the people who can't stay on topic.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:37:42 PM by icepac »

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #219 on: April 10, 2011, 08:43:49 PM »
I've been told I take multiple hits to kill sometimes in a tank...but for some reason nobody calls me a warper in a plane....hmmm?  :huh

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #220 on: April 10, 2011, 08:48:55 PM »
How'd this thread get past Skuzzy the FIRST time?  :headscratch:

In.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #221 on: April 11, 2011, 06:44:21 AM »
:rofl

I had forgotten about this, I must be cured!

Thank you Oz
S!
:D Congrats Bat! A Warp Free life for you! WTG! :rofl

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID